The Fish Mystery

1. Jessie_Lynn Member Member

I have noticed that my black tuxedo guppy has been slowy loosing pieces of his tail. My immediate reaction was to treat it with medicine and I did. But after the treatment he was loosing more pieces of his tail. I came to the conclusion that there is a tail bitter in my tank. Can you guys help me figurer out who is the tail bitter? ???

I have: 1 cory cat, 1 albino pleco, 1 opaline Gurami, 1 balloon fish, 1 guppy(this the poor victom), 1 wierd yellow fish that eats tetras, 2 rainbowfish or praecox. 2 albino tetras.

THanks

2. Janmitch22 Member Member

I say turn off the lights and watch. No one is going to nip when Mommy's watching. That's one of the cardinal rules...applies to all animals. lol

3. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Good suggestion Jan!! The Gourami gets my vote though ;)
    Carol

4. Jason Well Known Member Member

What does the weird yellow fish that eats tetras look like?

5. Jessie_Lynn Member Member

It is slim and is a bright neon yellow color. It has a big mouth turned up (suface feeder) It has a little bit of pink on th tip of it's tail. It is about 2 and a half inches long. About half an inch thick.

6. Craig Well Known Member Member

its definately!!! the praecox rainbow fish cause i have 2 of them and 2 guppies and they go 4 my guppies tails hope that helped but thats who its been lol

C W ;D

7. Jessie_Lynn Member Member

Thanks must be a praecox then ;D