The First Fry!

1. Mommabeanz

Mommabeanz Initiate Member

My dalmatian molly is pregnant and j noticed one little fry today! He's hiding right at the base of the hornwort! I just put the plant in yesterday thanks to some recommendations on here! Thanks so much. Hopefully this lil guy is smart enough to stay hidden he's in a pretty good spot right now

Attached Files:

2. c

camilleson Initiate Member

so cute!

3. OP
    OP
    Mommabeanz

Lol its adorable!! Hoping we get at least one survivor.

4. c

camilleson Initiate Member

yeah. my guppy had a baby, and she ate the rest of them :(. the one baby left i kept and treasured forever. we changed the water on his own little bowl, and i forgot to put water conditioner in. it was a fairly dumb move. he went into shock and died. make sure you pay attention to every little detail. good luck!

5. m

mollybabes Well Known Member Member

My first ever molly fry was the 1 survivor of her group. She is now nearly a year old and has had fry of her own. I love her to bits. Good luck with yours. I just remember a guest saying: "Is there supposed to be a tiny fish in this tank?"

6. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Pretty cool to see fry hide in the weeds isnt it? I am keeping some Platys outside in a tub and it is pretty cool to see them eat algae and hide around between the plants. Out of 2 female Platys that gave birth just 8 fry have reached a big enough size not to be eaten but they are still shy. It almost feels like real nature when you watch the fry just being fry. Hopefully you will have fun raising the babies, it is very nice to see them grow.

7. BettaPonic

BettaPonic Well Known Member Member

My Least Killifish never eat the fry and my Guppy fry swim in the open when I have them.

8. OP
    OP
    Mommabeanz

I have an update! He's growing so nicely! And he's turned orange just like dad! LOL no more fry that I've noticed though. I think something is up with moma fish.

Attached Files:

9. Honey gourami guy

Honey gourami guy Initiate Member

Adorable my platy fry that was also orange just died