The female kenyi's eggs have hatched... she has wiggles in her mouth!

Angela_96
They are so cute.. she is having trouble w/ them they get to the front of her mouth and she has to work them back in.

Now my question, how much longer does she have until she will spit? I know for a fact she has been holding at least for 3 weeks as of this sunday coming up.

Shawnie
dont know the answer to this, but id love to see a pic of her holding! congrats!!!

Angela_96
Heres one I took a couple days after I think she spawned I came home from work at 7p and her mouth was big.

Martinismommy
Wow! Congratulations on the little wigglers....She is a beautiful fish...I can't wait to see pics of the babies.....

Shawnie
chipmunk cheeks!! shes beautious!

COBettaCouple
Beautiful pic!

MissMTS
Congrats! I can't wait to see the babies when she spits!

Angela_96
Thanks, hopefully it won't be long... and it won't be in the on the next 3 days that are planned (today son to ent, tomm myself to doc and hair, then sat to chat) so if she can miss those times to spit... I will be so happy...

Allie
She could be spitting any time now. Congrats...do you have her a tank alone?

Angela_96
She could be spitting any time now. Congrats...do you have her a tank alone?

Thanks, yes she is in a tank all to herself w/ one cave for her to feel safe in. I put her there about 7 days ago to give her a while to get used to it and get a "safe" feeling in the cave so she would hopefully spit them out in there... I just hope she spits them out and don't eat them before I can get her out. If so I will be stripping her the next times.

voiceless_kat
This is exciting. I have only seen mouthbrooders in books, you are so lucky. Hope you can post pics, and I hope she respects your timetable..lol.

Pretty darn cute. How big is she?

Val

Angela_96
This is exciting. I have only seen mouthbrooders in books, you are so lucky. Hope you can post pics, and I hope she respects your timetable..lol.

Pretty darn cute. How big is she?

Val

Thanks, She is about 3 inches long not very big. Honestly I am not expecting a big batch from her because of her size right now. I am just so excited with this being my first time seeing for myself a mouthbooder in person. I am having to ask questions and read read read. I will def post pics!

They are poking their little heads right at her lips right now, you can see strips on them... I am so excited!

voiceless_kat
Geez..............me too! Ha ha!! I would be up all night watching.

Val

Angela_96
Geez..............me too! Ha ha!! I would be up all night watching.

Val

I have been bugging her a lot! I vaccumed her tank out today, but I left her "corner cave" alone and tried not to stress her. Shes so used to the python she comes out and swims around it. Of coarse shes grown up w/ my fish ocd. My husband even took a flashlight looking in her mouth, he's as bad as me, even saying "hey there little guys!!!"
I went out today and bought a brine shrimp hatchery and some "first bites" just in case they weren't happy w/ crushed flake food... I hope the shrimp eggs hatch before she spits...

COBettaCouple
I love it!
My husband even took a flashlight looking in her mouth, he's as bad as me, even saying "hey there little guys!!!"

voiceless_kat
Good Morning, I can't wait to hear how she is this morning???? What a miracle of nature all these different fish are, right? fingers crossed for a successful "spit"??!

Val

Angela_96
Good Morning, I can't wait to hear how she is this morning???? What a miracle of nature all these different fish are, right? fingers crossed for a successful "spit"??!

Val

Thanks, not yet... I'm glad I have been gone all day! I had an out of town Drs appt then I had to go pay bills.. so I would have the rest of the week and weekend free... She was a good girl.... I'm hoping she does it Sunday day... lol.. or tomm before 3 (but you know mother nature when its her time it will happen).
It is a miracle of nature and so amazing how all these fish do the different things they do. I used to literally watch my guppies for hours when they were looking ready to drop their fry and would get so excited when I saw the live births. So this is even as sweet.. I am thinking of setting up my video camera on the tank when I am not home, maybe I won't miss it that way.

voiceless_kat
It is a miracle of nature and so amazing how all these fish do the different things they do. I used to literally watch my guppies for hours when they were looking ready to drop their fry and would get so excited when I saw the live births. So this is even as sweet.. I am thinking of setting up my video camera on the tank when I am not home, maybe I won't miss it that way.

A video camera would be awesome! When my gup dropped it was me "first time" with any of this fish birthing, and I pulled up a chair and watched. We are kooky!! However it was the most amazing thing to me. A mouthbrooder is almost beyond what I can comprehend....

I love that your husband is getting into it -- mine kinda caved also.....

Val

COBettaCouple
Yea - a fish-cam!

Angela_96
Yea - a fish-cam!

I guess the fish cam wouldn't have helped however at least I would have seen how big of a batch she had)

COBettaCouple
Yea, I'm sorry it didn't go well. We've had no luck with our angel pair yet.. these cichlids are something, aren't they?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sarah73
Replies
Views
Kubitz Hunting
Replies
Views
Adelya6511
Replies
Views