The fair came to Town grrrrrrrrrr but Quack came to live with me

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Well the fair came to town and guess what Goldfishes as prizes make me mad and sad.

Well a family member took a goldfish of some kids who were swinging it about and turned up at my house knowing I'd have a home for him. Well I have a kind of home for him until morning when I go and get a filter for his quarantine tank I have some seeded filter medium to go straight in it so that's not a problem. Yes he is in a small tank but as my quarantine tank is in use this will be his home for a few weeks and I have a big BIG fish tank in progress for Goldies so he will have a palace to move into!

600.jpg

602.jpg

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Beautiful fish, great name and even greater save!
Quack is one lucky goldy
I hate seeing the fairs give away live fish.

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh my he is one curious fish and seemingly very hungry, not fed him yet as I like to leave it over night the first nigh, but he is sifting through all the gravel

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What size tank are you starting?
I can't ID goldfish but as you probably know, some belong in ponds rather than tanks.

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm not sure what gallon it is yet as its being built into an alcove approx 150cm x 70cm floor space It's built but I haven't seen it yet so not so sure on the depth but according to my hubby it's big. I had thought of the pond idea and a neighbour of mine has a unstocked at the moment pond so there is a possibility! Plus as he is Tiny at the moment and I have no idea how he has been treated he's staying where I can keep an eye on him.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Is that like 5 feet long and 2 feet wide?
My math and conversions stink. lol
This link might help figure out how many gallons it is.

It sounds like it's going to be nice. Be sure to post soem pictures when you're up and running!

gremlin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You have a beautiful (most likely male) common/comet goldfish. I love the black speckles on his fins. Too bad they will fade as he grows. Oh well, he is still gorgeous. Looks like he is going to have a nice white edge to his tail and fins also.
It's kind of hard to tell in the pictures, but it almost looks like his gill cover is either damaged or missing in the second picture. Or is it just white? or is it just the way the picture makes it look? Quite often, carnival goldies have been kept in very crowded conditions and have damaged scales. With luck and tender care, they can heal quite nicely.
He should be fine in a 20 gallon or so for a couple of months while you make sure that he stays healthy. As he grows, he should really be in a pond since he is one of those wonderful goldies that is a strong swimmer. He will need more swimming room than most tanks can give him. How big is the big BIG fish tank that is being built? If it is large enough, then Quack would probably enjoy a couple of playmates. My goldies love to play "catch-me-if-you-can" with each other.
Keep the pictures coming - it is fun to watch our little ones grow!

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Congrats, glad to hear about the upgrades he has coming his way!!

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Here are more pictures of Quack now he is settled in

89.jpg

92.jpg

94.jpg

96.jpg

96.jpg

98.jpg