The Evolution of my Betta Tank PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Fsh, Mar 16, 2010.

1. FshNew MemberMember

My 5 Gallon Betta tank was a new experience for me. My university limits tank size in a residence room at 5 gallons or less, so I bought a 5 gallon tank, Elite Stingray5 Filter and Elite heater, and the other tank basics, as well as a Male Betta.

Tank Layout #1: Circa September 2009
    288.jpg

Then after multiple tail-shreddings on the plastic plants, I purchased some silk plants and did this:

Tank Layout #2: Circa January 2010
    289.jpg

But I was getting tired of the Ornament... I wanted something different... After a trip to the dollar store, I came up with this:

Tank Layout #3: Circa Late February/Early March 2010
    290.jpg

But hey! Now I want 2 Bettas... A divider and $20 later... and Here is the current tank layout

Tank Layout #4: Circa March 2010
    291.jpg

My Bettas:
    Alpha Houdini the Veil Tail: He's a chronic tail biter. This was last week before he chomped off the majority of his tail. Thankfully, it regrows in a few weeks. When he has a tail, he's a Red (but looks Magenta) mottled with purple bodied-Betta with Purple metalic highlights on his body and fins
    292.jpg

(Name is still pending decision.) So far he's being referred to as Chomp Cemlexarahey (Chem-Lex-Air-Ah-Hey; a combo of 4 of my friend's names): A fairly new and energetic addition to my tank (as in, added yesterday). He's a red/blue/white metallic-like Crowntail.
    293.jpg
    294.jpg
    (One pic doesn't do his colour justice)

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Love your boys. They are very pretty :) You did a good job decorating also.
    Carol

3. clickWell Known MemberMember

That's one cool tank. :;perfect

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice