The end of an era. :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt B, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

Last week I traded in my 2007 Mustang GT for a 2012 Ford Escape, yes you heard me right, I traded in the awesome car for the suv. I had managed to hold on to it for two and a half sweet more years after my daughters birth but developements dictated it was time to let her go (the Mustang, not my daughter).

She was my baby and I will miss her terribly, no more cruising around thinking I'm cool, no more showing up older guys in their corvettes. Instead I have greatly increased cargo capacity. HOORAY!!!!

2. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I'd've kicked out the kid, not the car :;laughing

3. Orion5

Orion5 Well Known Member Member

More room for fish gear! Awesome! :)

And remember, driving an SUV or a minivan is the TRUE symbol of a man's undeniable virility- 'cause they're filled with children, and what could be more virile than procreating? :p Sports cars just mean you got something to compensate for. ;)

That being said I'd miss the sporty model too....

4. OP
    OP
    Matt B

You have a good point Orion, that being said, when you're a young guy, the sporty model can greatly assist with aforementioned procreating. ;) Its funny you mentioned that about the compensating, one time my wife and I were driving around in the stang and I saw a big lifted truck (common in the hills here) and said something to the effect of "whats he compensating for?" my wife replied "look at what you're driving!"

Zumi- She's my little angel (my daughter ;)) but it doesn't help her case when she keeps asking me where my car went! I'm like, I had to get rid of it so I can fit carseats!!

5. Akari_32

LOL We used to have an old all original 66 fastback. Even as I kid I loved that car! If I could get one of them suckers redone with power steering, I'd be all over that! I tried to get my mom to trade in my 2010 Pontiac Vibe for an 07 Mustang convertible. Clearly that didn't work out well :;laughing

6. OP
    OP
    Matt B

Haha! Have her check carmax for a black 07 GT all black leather interior, black wheels and 23k miles with immaculate upkeep, thats my car! buy it! I took really good care of it!

7. Akari_32

But I like my car! LOL As much as I want an 07 Mustang, I'd rather just keep my new one XD (or hold out for a really awesome 66 Fastback <.<). If they ever stop making the new Mustangs look stupid, I might buy one eventually when my Vibe gives out. Though given the super-awesomeness and dependability of these cars, I don't see that happening for many, many years....

8. c

chevyguy8893 Well Known Member Member

That would be a hard car to give up, but you got to enjoy it for a long time and it was for a good reason :). Just think you could still have a mid-life crisis to look forward to when you can get something like that again, lol just kidding.

9. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

Awww Matt you are such a good daddy....Trust me as a woman telling you this....There is NOTHING sexier about a man than how good of a father he is!!!!!

10. OP
    OP
    Matt B

Akari- I've owned a pontiac before and have to say it was trouble free for me. I HATE the new mustangs, what made the S197 body style cool was that it looked like and OLD car, now they look like lame spaceships. Also, I had the foresight to install sequential tail lights in my 07 and then they stole my idea for their new stupid economy car look.

Adam- I'm sorry you had to find out this way........I'm a Fordguy.:;laughing I did have fun with it, and beleive it or not, my wife said maybe in 5 years or so I can have another, but like Akari said, I don't want a new one if they don't change the body style back.

11. OP
    OP
    Matt B

Awwww, thank you! That does make me feel better about the whole thing. :)

12. Akari_32

The Vibes are just Toyota Matrix's with a slightly different body and Pontiac sticker slapped on the front LOL All the parts say Toyota. A friend of the family as an 05 Vibe with near 300 thousand miles on it and its still going strong. And she abuses that thing!

God I hate the Mustangs! I think they look like the new Camery's, which also look freeking stupid!! Two of my favorites cars, ruined!!!!!!! D=

13. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Oh I am so sorry. We had to do the same thing.
    Right before our son was born, I had my beloved BMW 325i. It wasn't practical and too small. I ended up getting a Honda accord and have had it for 8 years now. Yeah its not a cool car but its been dependable. oh and we also got the "mommy van" <--------- think soccer mom

Also, before I got married, I had a nice black corvette. My hubby to be told me he didn't "like" the car because of all the "attention" it brought me - that is until I let HIM drive it and all the girls were paying attention to him. LOL

14. OP
    OP
    Matt B

Akari- I can't deny thats pretty impressive mileage! Unfortunately I am one of those "American cars only" guys, just to head off any comments, I am fully aware of the presence of foreign parts and in some cases foreign assembly of american cars. :p

Junne- That must have been a hard switch to stomach. I haven't got to the "van" stage yet. I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles in a work van so if it comes down to it I'll be prepared. ;)

Thats funny about the vette'! Before I got rid of it I used to tell my wife the only time I got to feel "cool" anymore was when I took out the mustang, she just rolled her eyes. When she would drive it she said she felt ridiculous because it was so loud (had flowmasters) and had big speakers and an amp, when I would get back in she would always have turned the bass all the way down lol.

15. Junne

I am waiting for the mid life crisis to hit. I figure if men can have one, so can women! VETTE TIME! :)

16. OP
    OP
    Matt B

Even if you don't actually have one you can just "have one" for the sake of a new car. ;)

17. Junne

lol - 4 more months until......... wait for it........................ NO MORE CAR SEATS!!!!!!!!!!! :)

18. OP
    OP
    Matt B

OMG!! The way they keep changing the laws I told my wife we need to resign ourselves to the fact our kids will be in carseats until they're 16 or so. You've reached a milestone I can only dream of......Which reminded me, you should have seen the look on my wifes face when our daughter was on the way and I told her no way in heck is a carseat going in my mustang!

19. Junne

haha - I think it would be against the law in a corvette - if not very safe. I wouldn't dream of it!!! Besides, that would just ruin the whole appeal! haha

20. Orion5

Orion5 Well Known Member Member

LOL!

For the record, I'm sure there is some version of a pimped out baby seat that would match any sports car. :) Mind you, would that look cool or even more lame than a normal one?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice