The End Is In Sight...

Julabean

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've been rescaping my 30 gallon long, slowly phasing out the old decor to make room for some aqua and hardscaping. I made a cave with lava rocks I bought at Home Depot, Loctite sealant, and then filled in the cracks with Christmas Moss. My finishing touches will be some branches of Manzanita Wood from the back upper corners down to the middle, like the picture. I ordered some Crypt Wendtii and a Yellow Flame Amazon Sword to top off the plants. I'll post pictures soon so I can gather some opinions.

Attachments

Julabean

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
FishyFlops said:
Sounds awesome!
What are you stocking it with?
Schooling fish would look cool. Possible mix of different tetras.
The attached picture is just a reference to how I want to place my branches; it's someone else's tank (but I would definitely get a variety of tetras!). We have an angelfish, 5 neon tetras, 2 albino cory catfish, and 6 glofish (2 pink, 3 green, 1 orange) in our 30 long. I've finished all of the plantings, aquascaping with Seachem Flourite Black with a 1/2" layer of red lava sand under it. The finishing touches will be the Manzanita branches. We're getting 2 so we can put the larger end in the upper back corners and angle the branches down in the center bottom, kind of like the picture. Once it's done I'll be sure to post pictures for people to see and comment on.

Now that it's nearing completion I'm trying to talk my husband into getting another tank. I found a free 39 bowfront with stand and all equipment on Craigslist. Fingers crossed!

FishyFlops

Reaction score
Julabean said:
The attached picture is just a reference to how I want to place my branches; it's someone else's tank (but I would definitely get a variety of tetras!). We have an angelfish, 5 neon tetras, 2 albino cory catfish, and 6 glofish (2 pink, 3 green, 1 orange) in our 30 long. I've finished all of the plantings, aquascaping with Seachem Flourite Black with a 1/2" layer of red lava sand under it. The finishing touches will be the Manzanita branches. We're getting 2 so we can put the larger end in the upper back corners and angle the branches down in the center bottom, kind of like the picture. Once it's done I'll be sure to post pictures for people to see and comment on.

Now that it's nearing completion I'm trying to talk my husband into getting another tank. I found a free 39 bowfront with stand and all equipment on Craigslist. Fingers crossed!
Stocking sounds great. Hope your fishes love the new set up.
Can't wait to see your tank when it's done, from the sounds if it it already looks amazing .
lol hope you can get that tank! I mean it's free, it's almost asking you to get it

Julabean

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
FishyFlops said:
Stocking sounds great. Hope your fishes love the new set up.
Can't wait to see your tank when it's done, from the sounds if it it already looks amazing .
lol hope you can get that tank! I mean it's free, it's almost asking you to get it
This is a picture of the new tank I'm hoping to get. I got my husband to agree to it, now I'm waiting to hear back from the seller. Fingers crossed that it's still available!

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom