The Different Types Of Angelfish | Page 2

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by Sabi, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Shadoweliterecon

ShadowelitereconValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    5 years
    For anyone who was wondering, in order for anything to be classified as Albino it must have red eyes. Albinism causes conditions in the eye, one of which causes the red blood cells in the eye to be visible, which is what colors them red. Also, someone should compile all these pictures (and others?) into something more organized so that it's more accessible. Just a suggestion... Enjoyed the information though!

2. fishynoob

fishynoobWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +8
    Experience:
    4 years
    Albinism is the lack of all colour pigmentation (melanin). It can happen in pretty much any animal (humans to whales to snails) and Is always characterised by having white skin/fur/scales and red eyes due to the fact there is no pigmentation in the iris. Due to this albinos usually have eyesight problems and can be very sensitive to light sources. And should not be housed near direct sunlight as believe it or not they can burn. Now I'm not 100% sure how badly fish are affected by these issues but I know people whales and snakes do suffer from these if indeed they are a true albino.

3. Shadoweliterecon

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    5 years
    ^ Much more exact. I forgot why exactly you could see the blood cells too, thanks for the whole refresher. An Albino whale... That'd be an unusual sight! And aren't tanks not to be exposed to direct sunlight anyway? And how would a snake who, being a cold-blooded animal must expose itself to sunlight in order to warm up and get moving, survive albinism? Or would it just be an advantage, allowing it to heat up faster? So many questions...

4. fishynoob

fishynoobWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +8
    Experience:
    4 years
    I think in the wild they die pretty quick. They can be there for short amounts of time but my friend had to have a non uv heater (not sure if that is common practice anyway never kept reptiles) and sun cream comes in very handy with Land albinos.

5. Shadoweliterecon

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    5 years
    Yeah I believe I had such a heater when I kept Firebelly Toads. Weird to think that a snake can burn. I can't imagine them surviving really at all in the wild if sunbathing injures them, since it's necessary. Okay, should probably get back on topic >.>

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  6. jreinhart

jreinhartValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    3 years
    ATTN Mike, or whomever, some of the images are broken.

Clown Angel
    Golden Marble
    Zebra Angel

Those are the ones with broken images.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  7. New2this

New2thisNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    3 years
    image Blue Blushing!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  8. safzola

safzolaWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    4 years
    july 20th 2014 018.JPG We have reared about 50 Angels now and they all seem to look like this ,why aren`t we getting different colours.......

9. safzola

safzolaWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    4 years
    july 20th 2014 016.JPG Here`s one from the same batch....

10. thefishdude277

thefishdude277Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +8
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1409598666.483188. here are my black angels along with some discus..

11. thefishdude277

thefishdude277Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +8
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    The black angel in the front is a cross between a silver and a black