The Different Types Of Angelfish

1. Sabi Well Known Member Member

Here is a list of Angelfish pictures for anyone who'd like to identify them
    As i get the chance i will add more...

Credit for this also goes to Tom, as it was his idea.

Black Angel
    funfishtank.com
    57.jpg

Black Lace
    theangelfishsociety.org
    59.jpg

Chocolate
    http://mysite.verizon.net/res0wbxx/index.html
    61.jpg

Silver Angel
    freshaquarium.about.com
    62.jpg

Half Black
    theangelfishsociety.org
    63.jpg

Chocolate Ghost
    theangelfishsociety.org
    65.jpg

2. Coryd55 Well Known Member Member

Black Veil, Gold Veil, Albino, and the red ones too. :;rfro

3. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

I need to get a shot of our gold comb tail on here.

4. COBettaCouple Fishlore Legend Member

What about Blushing Blues? :;sh

5. Sabi Well Known Member Member

yeah still lots more to be added, never really made the effort to get more, will do early next year hopefully. feel free to add if you like!

6. COBettaCouple Fishlore Legend Member

I love the variety! I think most people don't realize how many kinds of angels there are.. I didn't until we got Fred and started looking at Angels more. Now to find "Wilma". ;)

7. Sabi Well Known Member Member

Look forward to seeing her when you get her!

8. GreenMan13 Member Member

How do you tell the difference between a Koi and a Golden Marble?

9. Sabi Well Known Member Member

To be honest i'm not really sure. But i think the koi has more orange than the gold marble. I intend to research the types thoroughly sometime during the year.

10. Sabi Well Known Member Member

11. SereneReyn Member Member

12. Sabi Well Known Member Member

13. Tolak Well Known Member Member

A koi is a gold marble blusher, a gold marble looks the same, no translucent gill plate that makes a blusher what it is.

14. Scout Member Member

I have a picture of my blushing blue if you'd like to use her on here. :)

I also have what I believe to be a gold cobra. I've got plenty of pictures of both. Just let me know if you'd like to use the pictures on here. ;)

Attached Files:

15. mcurtissdsu Well Known Member Member

I've got a pic of my gold angel in my signature :)

16. DaroRs Member Member

How's mine called?

Attached Files:

17. streetdog Member Member

DaroRs it seems the angels with stripes are "Tuxedo" with long fins. Their specialty is to change their color (fade/darken), as in the stripes go off and come on every second. I have 2 of those, but not with long fins. They have short fins. My both Tuxedo seems to be really energetic.

However, I am posting 1 of my adult pair over here.

She is a female, her tube is hanging down with a big hole. something long came out her tube and fell on the bottom of the tank, while i was taking this picture.

[​IMG]

This one's a male, cuz he chases everyone away, except the female in the above pic and another female, who's a baby. He is just like an "Albino angel fish". The only difference is that he has a red eye, where as "Albino's have black eye. Name of this breed is "Red Eye Platinum", which is very rare and expensive.

[​IMG]

18. Simon Law Member Member

Here's a few other types:

- Manacapuru Red Back
    - Pinoy Smokey

Attached Files:

19. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

This thread could be a great resource; however, I am concerned with the mislabeling. For example, the Gold Marble and Koi are both mislabeled. Gold Marbles will have gold in its dorsal fin; while Koi do not and are blushing. And, the photo labeled as Albino is a Platinum as it does not have the red eye that is found in a true albino specimen.

20. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Please pay attention to dates. This thread is from last fall!

Newer angel types are constantly being developed. Keep researching them and watching for new developments. And, if there is a particular type you are interested in contact breeders.

My most recent acquisitions include Blue Smokeys and Pinoy Smokeys. They are very nice!!