The difference.

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by soltarianknight, Dec 15, 2012.

1. soltarianknight

soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Inspired by actual people.

People of modern day society, DUNKIN DONUTS is not a STARBUCKS and we do not
    1. Accept guitar music played by a plaid loving modernized hippy as a form of payment(I love hipsters, but no. I am sorry. I have heard enough bad covers of bruno mars's millionaire)

2. Carry a "Grande" ANYTHING

3. Have a high tech temperature controlled coffee dispenser that gives you 5 choices of temperature so that your 6 month old can get their hourly espresso fix. No, instead we simply brew fresh coffee every 15 minutes.

4. Make decorative De Vinci level designs in the copious amounts of foam on your venti-skim-hazelnut-10sugar-3splenda-white chocolate-mocha mint- white ice latte lite. Sorry.

Seriously. Starbucks is fine but we are not starbucks. Also, they are called munchkins, no donut holes :p

2. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Coffee is nasty... :;nin2

:D

3. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I'm very happy with my french press.

4. SugarJunkee

SugarJunkeeValued MemberMember

Choklit Munchkins FTW!!

5. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

NO. Bad Akari, shamed!

My god, YES

This.

6. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning,

I'm still loving my Keurig Special Edition:

Got to have my coffee (a splash of Bailey's or McCormick's Irish Cream is nice too)!

Ken

7. croakerValued MemberMember

I agree with Akari coffee is nasty smells good but tastes terrible.

8. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

Well thank goodness this thread has nothing to do with the taste or smell of coffee :p

9. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

I love Dunkin Donuts!

10. Akari_32

:;laughing

I do like the goodies associated with coffee though! Donuts, coffee cakes, pastries... Mmmmmmm!

11. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

We make a mean pumpkin muffin.

12. Akari_32

I do enjoy the occational muffin... :3

13. psalm18.2

psalm18.2Fishlore LegendMember

Oh how I know. No ordering a mocha ice coffee at D&D, have to say a large coffee with chocolate swirl. LOL.

I'm on a tea kick lately and it's much easier to say "large ice tea please."

14. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

I made 3 of those today, ordered as said. You just need to provide the size :p. Tip to all, ALWAYS order size first. We CANNOT punch in your drink without the size first.

15. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I only drink coffee if there's liqueur in it :)

16. Ziggi

ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

I just wish ya'll bag the hot chocolate! OMG D&D has the BEST hot chocolate! I like mine thick (I like my hot chocolate and sweet tea diabetic-shock sweet!) but dont like that heavy cocoa taste (yes, theres a difference!) so thank you for that! *hugs*

I'm not a fan of coffee either, however I can stomach the caramel macchiato (I honestly dont know what that is but it doesn't taste like coffee)w/extra ... like alot extra caramel and the creme brulee late :) but I have yet to notice any effects of coffee so I'll stick to my half-the-price hot chocolate! Too bad there's only like 2 D&D near my job ... way out of the way at that :'(
    Kinda funny, I'm now known as the person who went through college without a single cup of coffee! I didn't even look at the stuff til last summer when my volunteer's mom brought a iced thing for me not knowing I didn't drink it. Cant be rude so I tried it :)

17. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

Lol a macchiato is just steamed milk with foam and the smallest hint of espresso. It is barley coffee. We just call them half lattes. Most Espresso drinks only have 1/4-1/2 a cup of espresso at the most. The rest is ice, milk,foam and such. My biggest challenge has been learning the Milk/Foam ratios. Lattes get a lot of milk and a little foam, Cappuccinos get about half and half and so on.

I wish we bagged the hot chocolate too. I mean, we only make Mint and regular but it sells really good. I know we make K-Kups (for single cup coffee makers) for it. We also need to step up our game on Chai Tea. Right now we only make medium vanilla chai lattes. I don't like chai lattes, i prefer just plain chai.

As far as what i drink goes, espresso. Pure espresso. I will normally have 2-4 shots a day plus whatever i add to my drinks. Not many people can handled the stuff i drink, thus i don't worry about it being tended to while im not looking.

18. ryanr

ryanrModeratorModerator Member

We have a big coffee culture here in Aus, especially in Melbourne!

Starbucks doesn't rate a mention for those who enjoy a good coffee. Most 'American' coffee is too weak for Australians, and in Italy (most of Europe) too. In Italy, when I ordered a coffee, they asked whether I wanted espresso or American coffee :giggle:

I didn't go to a D/D when I was in Orlando, so not sure what the offering is.

PS - don't order a latte in Italy - you'll get a glass of warm milk :D :;laughing (which I knew before going)

19. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

Aus coffee is strong, normally it is just a higher grade bean, close to a espresso if not already. Americans typically don't drink strong coffee, hence the Americano, a coffee mixed with water. Now, the stronger coffee is found here in FL, we get a lot of cuban influence in our coffee and if you have ever had cuban brew, you know what the gods drink. That stuff is WICKED. It also tastes amazing, much better then a regular espresso and twice the strength.

20. ryanr

ryanrModeratorModerator Member

You oughtta try Turkish coffee - it's the consistency of mud ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice