The deal of the century

Angelika
So from last night I have been unpacking all the boxes that my Craigslist $65 purchase bought...

1 55 gallon tank, in excellant shape and stand..
1 extra top and light
gravel
plants
ornaments
1 Rena Filstar XP3 filter and additional replacement bits.. the box and manual.. all in brand new condition
2 X topfin 60 filters
1 Rena air 400 mouse, with hoses and air plates..
3 top fin air pumps ??? with hoses..!!!
tons of brand new additional hoses all tied up neat and tidely
8 cichlids
1 algae eater
1 huge pleco

50 ft cyphon and pump.. with addional hoses to add on if need be..

tons of bottles of this and that..
1 unused large freshwater testing kit

and I paid $65 for all of this

dont ya just love Craigslist!~

Shawnie
IM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is a HUGE deal...too bad I'm running out of house space even to browse craigs list HAHAH

only thing I wanna reccomend is check the dates on all your test kits and bottles of this n that...if they are old, id not trust them for accuracy...I don't wanna rain on your awesome parade by any means, just don't want anything to happen from false readings..

CONGRATS on a great find!

Devon
Wow congrats on a great deal!! Now... what are you stocking it with? ;D

Lucy
Wow, great deal!!

Angelika
yes I did check out all the dates, I thought of that this morning..... I'm a finicky date person myself

I have to get rid of the cichlids then I'm going to browse all these gorgeous tanks on here and get some ideas.... but it will be an angel and friends tank..... I want colour, plants and a whole little ecosystem all living happily in my living room..... oh and I want to get some sand in there too once the cichlids have gone...

Devon
Can't wait for... you guessed it! Photos! ;D

Sounds like it's going to be a really fun setup!

mrsmuffin
Good job! I browse Craig's List all the time...maybe some day I will come across something as great as that! I usually quit looking when they say something comes with fish though, I guess I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to re-home something I didn't want.

KonaBoy
Wicked deal Wish I could find something like that...

Shawnie
yes I did check out all the dates, I thought of that this morning..... I'm a finicky date person myself

I have to get rid of the cichlids then I'm going to browse all these gorgeous tanks on here and get some ideas.... but it will be an angel and friends tank..... I want colour, plants and a whole little ecosystem all living happily in my living room..... oh and I want to get some sand in there too once the cichlids have gone...

nice!! I have a 55 gal with angels..they are great fish and about the same as betta's with personality and friendlyness!

goodluck!

Martinismommy
Excellent find! What part of AZ are you in? I check Craigslist everyday and didn't see this one......

Amanda
wow! that's a crazy good deal.

Angelika
Phoenix craigslist... it was advertised as a 75 gallon fish tank for $75, with lights and filter and fish. They didnt say anthing about anything else..... and when I enquired he told me he had made an accident and it was only a 55 gal......... so I offered him $65 for the mistake and it came with enough stuff to set up another 2 tanks

Martinismommy
Unreal......Super good find!

MrsM3197
So from last night I have been unpacking all the boxes that my Craigslist $65 purchase bought...

1 55 gallon tank, in excellant shape and stand..
1 extra top and light
gravel
plants
ornaments
1 Rena Filstar XP3 filter and additional replacement bits.. the box and manual.. all in brand new condition
2 X topfin 60 filters
1 Rena air 400 mouse, with hoses and air plates..
3 top fin air pumps ??? with hoses..!!!
tons of brand new additional hoses all tied up neat and tidely
8 cichlids
1 algae eater
1 huge pleco

50 ft cyphon and pump.. with addional hoses to add on if need be..

tons of bottles of this and that..
1 unused large freshwater testing kit

and I paid $65 for all of this

dont ya just love Craigslist!~

Man! What a great deal! I have to agree with Shawnie, check your expire dates on your bottles and testing kit and if they are out of date get rid of them. Even if you do have to throw away some expired stuff you still got a heck of a deal. WTG!
Ok, so I also meant to add (and you probably already know this anyway), when we buy from strangers we never know whether we are buying their blessing of curse. Make sure you sterilize everything well.

Angelika
Oh I never thought of sterilizing... too late... its all set up...... I have a minI cycle going on..

Amm .25
Nitrites: 1.0
Nitrates: 40

so I'm about to do a 50% water change.

COBettaCouple
Glad you got such a great deal and hope you'll have it cycled soon.

Angelika
yes lets just say my plants outside my window are getting lots of water while I do these daily changes.... no ammonia, just raised nitrites ...my plants are in heaven ....

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jomolager
Replies
Views
ryanr
Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Replies
Views