The Clarity Of My Water.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It was said in another thread that I can not have crystal clear water with drift wood.

Rather than flood someones thread with photos I am making this thread. All the aquariums have drift wood.

And before it is brought up the specks are from waterfall HOB's and air stones. I would think that is obvious but just in case I wanted to mention that.

Many people over the years on this forum have said my water is so clear the fish look like they are floating in air.

EDIT: Oh, and the plants are all live

_MG_8701.0.jpg

_MG_8615-Edit.0.jpg

_MG_5758 copy.0.jpg

_MG_8311.0.jpg

_MG_7681.0.jpg

_MG_7571-Edit.0.jpg

_MG_8729-Edit.0.jpg

_MG_7936-Edit.0.jpg

_MG_7835 copy.jpg

_MG_6835-Edit.0.jpg

Last edited:

Igor95

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
100% a lie that water can't be crystal clear with driftwood. I have driftwood, 2 big fine filter floss pads, and an army of otos which I added 3 days ago. The tank and water look like I just started the tank.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love your photos so thankuou who ever argued you cant have clear water with driftwood.

cichlid4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
100% a lie that water can't be crystal clear with driftwood. I have driftwood, 2 big fine filter floss pads, and an army of otos which I added 3 days ago. The tank and water look like I just started the tank.
All of the water in the world is dirty in some way, there is no such thing as water with 100% purity and with water being " crsytal clear". IT IS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE!

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All of the water in the world is dirty in some way, there is no such thing as water with 100% purity and with water being " crsytal clear". IT IS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE!
Considering that crystals arent 100% clear too i reckon we can say thunders water is crystal clear. But just to prove it we need more pic.

Briggs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
...It's been a while since I took chemistry, but I'm pretty sure it's possible to create pure H2O. I mean, nothing can live in it and it certainly doesn't happen in nature, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

cichlid4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
i don't think your pure H2O would last even a second before something like an air molecule or so gets into the water, anything can basically just fall into water and then it would not exactly be pure water.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I will get to all of the members that we’re kind enough to respond above next but the below must be addressed.

i don't think your pure H2O would last even a second before something like an air molecule or so gets into the water, anything can basically just fall into water and then it would not exactly be pure water.
Your posts have past the level of absurdity. Your first point was that crystal clear, pristine etc water is not possible with drift wood. You have demonstrably been proven wrong in this.

So you move into purity of water on a molecular level.

Do you argue when someone says they were hot as heck or when some actor was said to have killed the audience watching the show?

In the Common language there are excepted scientific inaccuracies used to state a valid idea or observation.

How about we just let this go, and learn from and enjoy each other’s company?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Those are some nice tanks! I love the angels
Thank you VeiltailKing

I am fond of angels.
Considering that crystals arent 100% clear too i reckon we can say thunders water is crystal clear. But just to prove it we need more pic.
I am in the semi (taking lunch) I will put up some more shots tonight I have been meaning to try and get some guppy shots.

Briggs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That's not really how air works. In a controlled lab environment it's completely possible to keep contaminants out of things you're working on. It's kinda what labs are for. But I was just being a little pedantic to show that I thought the argument was silly. Regardless, these tanks (which are very lovely!) have the appearance of totally clear water, which is what everyone was actually talking about and is usually talking about when it comes to aquariums. Hopefully. Because pure H2O really will kill fish.

cichlid4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
i was not arguing i was only telling the truth of what you were all saying improperly, you seem to be the one that is angry though.

That's not really how air works. In a controlled lab environment it's completely possible to keep contaminants out of things you're working on. It's kinda what labs are for. But I was just being a little pedantic to show that I thought the argument was silly. Regardless, these tanks (which are very lovely!) have the appearance of totally clear water, which is what everyone was actually talking about and is usually talking about when it comes to aquariums. Hopefully. Because pure H2O really will kill fish.
i see algae all over the glass and i see some thing else in the water that is not H2O but instead is some sort of debris, and even in a lab water is in a vile with air that will mean it can mix and it will as they are closing up the vile with a rubber cap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Water (and pics!) look crystal clear to me. Always a pleasure to see your tanks and fish.

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Stunning photos! I can’t even see the water, but the bubbles tell me there must be some in there!

Briggs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
i see algae all over the glass and i see some thing else in the water that is not H2O but instead is some sort of debris, and even in a lab water is in a vile with air that will mean it can mix and it will as they are closing up the vile with a rubber cap.
Air suspended in water is called a bubble, and doesn't change the chemical composition of the water. What in the atmosphere of a sterile lab do you think is contaminating this theoretical water? Do you think glass and rubber are water soluble? I mean, some rubber probably is, but not the kind used in chemistry labs.

This is all very silly and still not the point. Yes, there are living things in these tanks, but I don't see any suspended algae or mulm in the water. You're ether so stuck on precise language that the OP didn't even use ('crystal clear' is not a scientific term), or you're trolling. Either way this is going no where. Have a nice day and try to enjoy these lovely pictures!

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i was not arguing i was only telling the truth of what you were all saying improperly, you seem to be the one that is angry though.

There is no algae on the glass. Now you are reaching. There may be reflected glare on streaks from less than prefect wiping. But let’s just say there was, algae on solid objects is not a clarity issue. I also use UV sterilizers. Each of these aquariums have at least 10x the water column in filtration. The guppy aquarium has 800 GPH.

Just let it go.

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom