The bestest thread on fishlore. - Page 143

Do you put cheese in soup?

• Total voters

StarGirl

Roll call on all the southern peeps! Rose of Sharon did you guys make it ok? Anyone else South?

erinw347

StarGirl said:
Roll call on all the southern peeps! Rose of Sharon did you guys make it ok? Anyone else South?
I’m southern, what’s going on?

StarGirl

erinw347

StarGirl said:
Hurricane.
Hurricane Laura? I’ll have to follow that, not sure where it is rn.

By the way they didn’t have black angels and the ones with koi had ick, so I got two that were black and white.

StarGirl

Hurricane was in Louisiana and Texas area.

erinw347

StarGirl said:
Gotcha. I’m on the east coast

FishBoy101

StarGirl said:
Heard it was gonna hit MD!

GouramisAreSuperior

They closed online school in my area for the hurricane, but on the 2 days school was closed it was literally the nicest weather we've had in a couple of weeks

fishlover357

GouramisAreSuperior said:
They closed online school in my area for the hurricane, but on the 2 days school was closed it was literally the nicest weather we've had in a couple of weeks
Well, the weather was so bad in our area that we went swimming in our pool and sat in the sun all day.

erinw347

How are they gonna close online school..... when it’s online.....

I swear every single year in september school gets closed for a hurricane and all we get is some rain and 20mph wind.

Mii

david1978 said:
Warning. Content has graphic detail.

Risks, benefits, outcomes, and expected complications, were explained in detail to the patient who expressed understanding and freely signed consent for. Patient was taken to the procedure room on a AGC6. A time-out was held and the procedure was verified. Patient was placed in the prone position. The area of fluctuance and abscess in the mid lower back measured 10 x 6 cm. 10 ml of 1% lidocaine with epinephrine was used for local anesthetics. An elliptical incision was made at the lower aspect of the pocket. Copious amounts of purulence fluid or pus expressed. The pocket was probed to ensure no septations. Strip gauze packing was placed in the cavity. Dressing was applied. Patient tolerated procedure well.

Hows that for an update. That was my day.
Oof

GouramisAreSuperior

My day was trying to take a look at some new (estimated 3.5 month old) platies I got, while they were trying to avoid the mysterious gargantuan creature that was apparently trying to eat them.

Basil

FishBoy101 said:
Heard it was gonna hit MD!
We are just getting thunderstorms as far as I know.

FishBoy101

Basil said:
We are just getting thunderstorms as far as I know.
Same here, but prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Basil

FishBoy101 said:
Same here, but prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
Well we need the rain! Could do without any heavy wind though.

julifhy

Why does 2020 just keep getting worse...
Chadwick Boseman died today

I was literally talking about how I can’t wait for new Marvel movies to come out yesterday, especially Black Panther 2, Black Widow, and a couple other movies... this really sucks. RIP

FishBoy101

julifhy said:
Why does 2020 just keep getting worse...
Chadwick Boseman died today

I was literally talking about how I can’t wait for new Marvel movies to come out yesterday, especially Black Panther 2, Black Widow, and a couple other movies... this really sucks. RIP
Heard bout it. 2020 sucks

May he rest in peace.

Basil

Dinner call! Whatcha all eating?
Since it is 2020, where nothing should surprise any of us, I’ve decided it is perfectly acceptable to have champagne with pizza and watermelon! hilarious
37FCABD5-889E-4B31-8FC5-D9403E7A6987.jpeg

erinw347

Basil said:
Since it is 2020, where nothing should surprise any of us, I’ve decided it is perfectly acceptable to have champagne with pizza and watermelon! hilarious
Fresh corydoras
image.jpg

I’m just kidding, I would never do that! They’re far too small to eat.

I had a baked potato.

StarGirl

I think we may have Pizza too. I don't think I have anything....

david1978

Update......update

Nothing to update.

Dunk2

david1978 said:
Update......update

Nothing to update.
Who’s the new guy?

Basil said:
Your pizza looks awesome Basil!

But why’d you hide it behind the watermelon?

Anyone other than me like anchovies on their pizza?

StarGirl

Never had it actually

Dunk2

erinw347

Update....... School starts monday and I haven’t started my summer reading book. That’s it I think?

Basil

Dunk2 said:
Your pizza looks awesome Basil!

But why’d you hide it behind the watermelon?
Dunno. I was hungry so didn’t play around with the food arrangement!
Dunk2 said:
Anyone other than me like anchovies on their pizza?
My dad always got anchovies and pepperoni on his pizza. I never liked it though. But I do like them (or preferably sardines) in a salad with feta cheese, tomatoes, and vinaigrette dressing.

Dunk2

Basil said:
Dunno. I was hungry so didn’t play around with the food arrangement!

My dad always got anchovies and pepperoni on his pizza. I never liked it though. But I do like them (or preferably sardines) in a salad with feta cheese, tomatoes, and vinaigrette dressing.
I don’t know many people who like anchovies. But most who don’t like them say they don’t like the way they look or smell, and they haven’t actually tried them.

ElysiumPlants

Pariah said:
Nooooooo!!!! I was eating and my food was COVERED in Bhut Jolokia and Scotch Bonnet hot sauce and I sneezed! I now have hot sauce in my nose and it kills!!!
I once snorted Moruga Scorpion dust to make people laugh. There may or may not have been a girl involved as well. Ah, to be young and stupid again.

Thank gawd that’s out of my system.

Dunk2 said:
I don’t know many people who like anchovies. But most who don’t like them say they don’t like the way they look or smell, and they haven’t actually tried them.
Yeah, you can add me to the group that absolutely despises them, but I don’t eat any seafood (or any other sort of cold-blooded, scaly, slimy, creepy-crawlies, though I’ll keep ‘em as pets).

StarGirl

Back in the day when Little Caesars Pizza was good I used to make all kinds of different pizzas. My favorites that I remember were Baby Pan Pan's with Mushrooms and Banana Pepper rings. The BEST one though was my BLT pizza. You cook the pizza with extra sauce, cheese and tomatoes and bacon when its done put shredded lettuce on the top. It was so good when Caesars made their own sauce. The sandwiches were fab too when the buns were made of pizza dough with pan sauce on em. Little Caesars is not good anymore. I want to say I probably did try anchovies at some point, but we couldn't open a can unless someone ordered them. Then more than likely threw the rest away.

ElysiumPlants

StarGirl said:
Back in the day when Little Caesars Pizza was good I used to make all kinds of different pizzas. My favorites that I remember were Baby Pan Pan's with Mushrooms and Banana Pepper rings. The BEST one though was my BLT pizza. You cook the pizza with extra sauce, cheese and tomatoes and bacon when its done put shredded lettuce on the top. It was so good when Caesars made their own sauce. The sandwiches were fab too when the buns were made of pizza dough with pan sauce on em. Little Caesars is not good anymore. I want to say I probably did try anchovies at some point, but we couldn't open a can unless someone ordered them. Then more than likely threw the rest away.
Man, I thought I was the only one! When I was in high school, we’d go get Little Caesar’s and talk about fish, snakes, grunge/punk bands, and plants, play some video games, and eat pizza.

What in blazes happened to their pizza? It’s been garbage for decades now.

StarGirl

ElysiumPlants said:
Man, I thought I was the only one! When I was in high school, we’d go get Little Caesar’s and talk about fish, snakes, grunge/punk bands, and plants, play some video games, and eat pizza.

What in blazes happened to their pizza? It’s been garbage for decades now.
Canned sauce and bagged cheese. Frozen dough. You know the normal bad things.

ElysiumPlants

StarGirl said:
Canned sauce and bagged cheese. Frozen dough. You know the normal bad things.
Just sent a PM, but yeah, that sounds about right. By which I mean to say, completely wrong.

FishGirl115

Haha. For some reason the notifications always turn off for this thread (for me). It's funny to see every time I come back what new totally random topic you're on now

StarGirl

FishGirl115 said:
Haha. For some reason the notifications always turn off for this thread (for me). It's funny to see every time I come back what new totally random topic you're on now
After a few days no one gets alerts anymore. You have to search it out...

Basil

Dunk2 said:
When my sis and I last visited the UK, we went to a seafood restaurant in Oxford. We ordered this amazing seafood selection entree. It came on a three tiered tray!! One of the selections was fresh caught sardines. Wow! Definitely not out of a tin! I bet fresh anchovies world be equally as good.

david1978

ElysiumPlants said:
I once snorted Moruga Scorpion dust to make people laugh. There may or may not have been a girl involved as well. Ah, to be young and stupid again.

Thank gawd that’s out of my system.
Now were just stupid. Lol

kanzekatores

What is you guys’ (your guys?) favorite tank you have right now? Just curious because I’m debating what to do with a new one

david1978

kanzekatores said:
What is you guys’ (your guys?) favorite tank you have right now? Just curious because I’m debating what to do with a new one
I have a 75 gallon with a little red tail shark in it. Well I think hes in there some were.

SeaMonkey06

Oh wow, I really need to stop disappearing. This thread is so long! Over 7,000 posts Can't even remember what conversation was going on before I left. Anyone care to summarise?

SeaMonkey06

On a completely unrelated note, it's so crazy how you don't notice changes happening to things when you see them everyday! Look at my three derpy babies now, and when I first got them 7 months ago

inCollage_20200901_184102243.jpg

Ochre, my only boy

inCollage_20200901_182943896.jpg

Peppermint, my calm baby girl

inCollage_20200901_182258760.jpg

Oreo, my photogenic little girl

I'm actually so proud at how healthy they look now :cat:

Carmen79

I got 5 snails (bumblebee) yesterday, to accompany my lonely bettas. I put one in each tank.
At first I could see them clearly, roaming around the leaf I had placed them on.
Today they being so tiny, have all disappeared! I feel a bit stupid, how could I not have thought about this before. They are all gone somewhere in the tanks.. Never to be found again! Ugh.

jinjerJOSH22

At 5:30pm today(currently 9:30am) I get on a plane to start my life in a new country with the person I can barely tolerate a day without..... hmmmn

Originally we planned to do this in a month but the night she left I asked her to give me a reason not to book a ticket for the week later.... she couldn’t, in fact she encouraged me to come.... so.... errr she is also at fault for this love!

Basil

jinjerJOSH22 said:
At 5:30pm today(currently 9:30am) I get on a plane to start my life in a new country with the person I can barely tolerate a day without..... hmmmn

Originally we planned to do this in a month but the night she left I asked her to give me a reason not to book a ticket for the week later.... she couldn’t, in fact she encouraged me to come.... so.... errr she is also at fault for this love!
I’m pretty sure this is the best thing I’m going to hear all day!

kanzekatores

jinjerJOSH22 said:

That is so sweet and I’m excited for you! Where are you moving to?

jinjerJOSH22

kanzekatores said:
That is so sweet and I’m excited for you! Where are you moving to?
The Netherlands, really excited
Just waiting to board.

david1978

jinjerJOSH22 yea. I wish you well.

Quick question. 60 grit sanding belts on a belt sander. How long should they last. It seens the first 15 minutes are great then its all down hill from there. Is that normal. Im sanding the floor.

Cheesecake

1598995534219.png

julifhy

Cheesecake said:
Is this you’re art? It looks amazing

I need double reactions for this post smh

NBettas83

Irrelevant, but I made a not-so-accurate map of Italia last night (please excuse the handwriting).

IMG-1980.JPG

At least I know all the Regions, and most region capitals. (although I'm very satisfied with how the Calabria region came out, and the Trentino Alto-Adige area too).

Someone fill me in on what's happened, it seems Josh is moving. Idk what else.

Cheesecake

julifhy said:
Is this you’re art? It looks amazing

I need double reactions for this post smh
No I wish. I just wanted to post some art of him as tribute .
I will do one for him though.

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom