The bestest thread on fishlore. - Page 142

Do you put cheese in soup?


  • Total voters
    356

Cheesecake

Member
I found a bat on the ground today. It was really cute .
I put it in a tree and it was gone this evening.
 

Utar

Member
Somewhere deep inside my lazy boy recliner there is a hidden canister of sleeping gas. It activates every time I set in my chair.
 

Rose of Sharon

Member
Hi everyone,

Looks like we are in for it for the next 3 to 5 days!!!! Don't know how we are going to keep the bettas warm if we lose electricity, which we always do. If anyone has an idea, I would love to hear it!

Hurricanes and covid..... ....and a sick betta....


1598224639409.png
 

StarGirl

Member
Blankets around and over your tank. Leave it to 2020 to have dual hurricanes
 

Rose of Sharon

Member
StarGirl said:
Blankets around and over your tank. Leave it to 2020 to have dual hurricanes
Thanks! That's about all I could think of, too....
What a mess!

And yes, just add it to the growing list for 2020!
 

julifhy

Member
Rose of Sharon said:
Hi everyone,

Looks like we are in for it for the next 3 to 5 days!!!! Don't know how we are going to keep the bettas warm if we lose electricity, which we always do. If anyone has an idea, I would love to hear it!

Hurricanes and covid..... ....and a sick betta....


1598224639409.png
I don’t know if this would work, and I guess it also depends how long the power would be out, but maybe putting hand warmers around the tank might work temporarily??
 

Rose of Sharon

Member
julifhy said:
I don’t know if this would work, and I guess it also depends how long the power would be out, but maybe putting hand warmers around the tank might work temporarily??
I have heard of that, but do you know where I could get those? I really need to stock up because stuff like this always happens here....
 

StarGirl

Member
We have hand warmers in every store here in Michigan...lol Are you in Texas? My guess would probably be a sporting goods store maybe?
 

Rose of Sharon

Member
StarGirl said:
We have hand warmers in every store here in Michigan...lol Are you in Texas? My guess would probably be a sporting goods store maybe?
I'm Louisiana.....I can definitely go looking for some, if the weather permits, that is. Six to 8 inches of rain predicted with 75 mph winds...

Keep us in your thoughts! The fun starts tomorrow!
 

StarGirl

Member
Good luck lady! I will be thinking of you watching the weather channel!
 

jake37

Member
Not to be the bearer of bad news but even if you don't believe in climate change you should expect these storms to become more frequent and far worse in the next decade. If you plan on keep betta that long you might look for backup power source or a safe place to live. I will say having spent 18 years on the water front in the northeast - we never lost power no matter how severe the storm - one of the advantages to having buried power lines.
 

Mii

Member
Yeet
 

julifhy

Member
Rose of Sharon said:
I have heard of that, but do you know where I could get those? I really need to stock up because stuff like this always happens here....
You can get them at target or any sporting store
Another idea is a backup generator. Maybe a solar power one for a really long term situation? Idk if solar powered ones exist though lol. They can also be pretty expensive though.
Also, a usb air pump for filters would work well. They should make usb heaters too lol.
 

Dunk2

Member
Rose of Sharon said:
Hi everyone,

Looks like we are in for it for the next 3 to 5 days!!!! Don't know how we are going to keep the bettas warm if we lose electricity, which we always do. If anyone has an idea, I would love to hear it!

Hurricanes and covid..... ....and a sick betta....


1598224639409.png
Be safe!

Probably too late for you to get it now, but I bought one of these a few years ago. Works awesome to keep the tanks going in a power outage.


33931B5B-C419-496C-B37A-1200583FD56C.jpeg
 
  • Thread Starter

david1978

Member
Eh I lost power for 4 days in the winter. House dropped to 40. The big betta tank to 50. I just quit feeding them. Other then lethargic till itcwas over no harm done.
 

Utar

Member
Rose of Sharon said:
Hi everyone,

Looks like we are in for it for the next 3 to 5 days!!!! Don't know how we are going to keep the bettas warm if we lose electricity, which we always do. If anyone has an idea, I would love to hear it!

Hurricanes and covid..... ....and a sick betta....


1598224639409.png
I live in Texas an hour and a half northeast of Houston. It is a rural area and the power grid goes out all the time. If a cloud even sneezes over us the power goes out. So I do am getting prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.
 

Basil

Member
Rose of Sharon said:
I'm Louisiana.....I can definitely go looking for some, if the weather permits, that is. Six to 8 inches of rain predicted with 75 mph winds...

Keep us in your thoughts! The fun starts tomorrow!
Good luck to you! Stay safe! I have to check in with our nephew in New Orleans. In the French Quarter actually. Wonder if they are evacuating?
 

julifhy

Member
I need name ideas

47A0BA40-8C35-4796-8771-2D80AE8D9579.jpeg

So far these are the ideas I have:
Lychee, Cocoa, Marshmallow, Cookie, or maybe M&M?
Her mom was a rescue and I got to adopt her yesterday. She’s pretty scared being in a new place I’m setting her cage up today, so hopefully she’ll feel better then. I’m kind of worried she won’t feel at home without another guinea pig though. I guess I’ll see how it goes.
 

StarGirl

Member
Marshmallow
 

Mii

Member
julifhy said:
I need name ideas

47A0BA40-8C35-4796-8771-2D80AE8D9579.jpeg

So far these are the ideas I have:
Lychee, Cocoa, Marshmallow, Cookie, or maybe M&M?
Her mom was a rescue and I got to adopt her yesterday. She’s pretty scared being in a new place I’m setting her cage up today, so hopefully she’ll feel better then. I’m kind of worried she won’t feel at home without another guinea pig though. I guess I’ll see how it goes.
You could name her Potato
 

Rose of Sharon

Member
julifhy said:
You can get them at target or any sporting store
Another idea is a backup generator. Maybe a solar power one for a really long term situation? Idk if solar powered ones exist though lol. They can also be pretty expensive though.
Also, a usb air pump for filters would work well. They should make usb heaters too lol.
We did get a heavy duty battery back up, but it won't last a long time. Luckily, today was not so bad. The first storm, Marco, isn't so bad....just rain. It's the next one, Laura, that is supposed to be rough.

We have a gas powered generator, but it's a mess! But I like the thought of hand warmers, especially the ones that last 10 hours (I took a look at Amazon last night).

Thanks!

Dunk2 said:
Be safe!

Probably too late for you to get it now, but I bought one of these a few years ago. Works awesome to keep the tanks going in a power outage.


33931B5B-C419-496C-B37A-1200583FD56C.jpeg
Thanks, looks better than the one we have, which is a broken down piece of junk!!!

david1978 said:
Eh I lost power for 4 days in the winter. House dropped to 40. The big betta tank to 50. I just quit feeding them. Other then lethargic till itcwas over no harm done.
Thanks! That's good to know!

Basil said:
Good luck to you! Stay safe! I have to check in with our nephew in New Orleans. In the French Quarter actually. Wonder if they are evacuating?
They evacuated a few of the lower parishes, but not N.O. I don't know if that will be the case with Laura, though....

If anyone has a chance to look at my post about my sick betta, and you can help, I would appreciate it! Been trying to dose her with meds, but some of you might have a better idea. I just uploaded some new pics.

Please help me diagnose and treat my little girl! | 469714 | Freshwater Fish Disease and Fish Health


Thanks!
 

StarGirl

Member
jinjerJOSH22 Is holding out on us......And is being absent like david1978 Where you at?
 

Dunk2

Member
StarGirl said:
jinjerJOSH22 Is holding out on us......And is being absent like david1978 Where you at?
If I wasn’t so darn good looking, I’d say they found better looking company.
 
  • Thread Starter

david1978

Member
StarGirl said:
jinjerJOSH22 Is holding out on us......And is being absent like david1978 Where you at?
I'm still around. Yesterday I was even helpful. I gotta finish getting the place ready so she can move in.
 

Basil

Member
david1978 said:
I'm still around. Yesterday I was even helpful. I gotta finish getting the place ready so she can move in.
Umm, we need many reaction emojis for that statement!
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
I guess I’ve been delaying long enough
here it is, finally the picture of us together

8413F701-8866-45EE-B4ED-6D464969BD6A.jpeg
 
  • Thread Starter

david1978

Member
Well I guess I let that cat out of the bag. Oops.
 

Mii

Member
jinjerJOSH22 said:
I guess I’ve been delaying long enough
here it is, finally the picture of us together

8413F701-8866-45EE-B4ED-6D464969BD6A.jpeg
Whozzagooddog?

Hey how 'bout everyone here join "would you rather, fish edition" it's a fun thread and more people would be nice.
 

Utar

Member
david1978 said:
Well I guess I let that cat out of the bag. Oops.
Well I should hope so, that poooor kitty.
 

Basil

Member
david1978 said:
Well I guess I let that cat out of the bag. Oops.
And speaking of cats.....how is the Demon? Does she approve of the lady friend?
 

Lilthuglet

Member
Was wondering how the heck I could loose a fish in a 10 gallon...

hiding.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter

david1978

Member
Basil said:
And speaking of cats.....how is the Demon? Does she approve of the lady friend?
Hes shy. Lol. The dogs like her though. Who's this lady friend you speak of? Shes much more then that now.
 

Basil

Member
david1978 said:
Hes shy. Lol. The dogs like her though. Who's this lady friend you speak of? Shes much more then that now.
Yes, I gathered that Glad the dogs approve!
 
  • Thread Starter

david1978

Member

0726202206.jpg

Demon doesn't like much. He doesnt even like his pic taken. Lol.
 

Rose of Sharon

Member
Hi guys,

Just an update on the storm:

Laura is soon to be a cat 5 hurricane. We are in the middle of the state, and were not given an evacuation order. By the time it gets to us, the winds may still be going around 100 mph or more. Coastal surge will be unreal. The storm apparently is stronger than any one anticipated.

For any of you in the path of this storm, we are praying for all of you.
 

StarGirl

Member
Stay safe you peeps down south! So scary!
 
  • Thread Starter

david1978

Member
Warning. Content has graphic detail.

Risks, benefits, outcomes, and expected complications, were explained in detail to the patient who expressed understanding and freely signed consent for. Patient was taken to the procedure room on a AGC6. A time-out was held and the procedure was verified. Patient was placed in the prone position. The area of fluctuance and abscess in the mid lower back measured 10 x 6 cm. 10 ml of 1% lidocaine with epinephrine was used for local anesthetics. An elliptical incision was made at the lower aspect of the pocket. Copious amounts of purulence fluid or pus expressed. The pocket was probed to ensure no septations. Strip gauze packing was placed in the cavity. Dressing was applied. Patient tolerated procedure well.

Hows that for an update. That was my day.
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
I know how you feel I stubbed my toe..
 

StarGirl

Member
david1978 said:
Warning. Content has graphic detail.

Risks, benefits, outcomes, and expected complications, were explained in detail to the patient who expressed understanding and freely signed consent for. Patient was taken to the procedure room on a AGC6. A time-out was held and the procedure was verified. Patient was placed in the prone position. The area of fluctuance and abscess in the mid lower back measured 10 x 6 cm. 10 ml of 1% lidocaine with epinephrine was used for local anesthetics. An elliptical incision was made at the lower aspect of the pocket. Copious amounts of purulence fluid or pus expressed. The pocket was probed to ensure no septations. Strip gauze packing was placed in the cavity. Dressing was applied. Patient tolerated procedure well.

Hows that for an update. That was my day.
EEK now thats a bad day. My husband had a hematoma on his thigh they packed with gauze it was so nasty.
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
I guess update of my own...
I'm going to the Netherlands on Tuesday.
Where we'll wait for my Dog to get his passport and then pick him up in hopefully a months time. Things move fast, but being apart from her is unbearable. Originally I was going to wait that month and travel with Haru but we could barely go a few hours apart let alone a month. Most fish will be taken to the store but we'll set a few aside and pick them up with Harum since her Dad will likely drive to Wales in a van...
Anyway, things went well.....
 

StarGirl

Member
jinjerJOSH22 said:
I guess update of my own...
I'm going to the Netherlands on Tuesday.
Where we'll wait for my Dog to get his passport and then pick him up in hopefully a months time. Things move fast, but being apart from her is unbearable. Originally I was going to wait that month and travel with Haru but we could barely go a few hours apart let alone a month. Most fish will be taken to the store but we'll set a few aside and pick them up with Harum since her Dad will likely drive to Wales in a van...
Anyway, things went well.....
Im so happy for you guys! Even though you severely cheated on your picture.
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
StarGirl said:
Im so happy for you guys! Even though you severely cheated on your picture.
Here you go, hopefully this makes up for it

325E982A-D644-4E2D-80FF-8F28C323671E.jpeg
 

julifhy

Member
It’s only the second day of online classes and I was not expecting it to suck this much :inpain:
 

StarGirl

Member
Best thing ever to not have to worry about that stuff anymore.
 

erinw347

Member
It’s been awhile guys and you’ve barely gotten 30 pages???? Pathetic.

Anyways my own update: virtual school starts monday and I’m NOT excited, my friends and my boyfriend hate me, and I’m losing weight and I don’t know why. Oh well, I get to go to my LFS today.
 

Basil

Member
erinw347 said:
It’s been awhile guys and you’ve barely gotten 30 pages???? Pathetic.

Anyways my own update: virtual school starts monday and I’m NOT excited, my friends and my boyfriend hate me, and I’m losing weight and I don’t know why. Oh well, I get to go to my LFS today.
Take care of yourself. It’s a strange world we’re living in right now.
 

erinw347

Member
Okay. I’m going to get 3 more angels today. I’ll have 7 total. I realllllly want a black angel and another koi. What other color should I look for? I already have plenty stripes.
 

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom