The bestest thread on fishlore. 2.0 - Page 9

erinw347

Angel babies!

Momma didn’t like me too close to the tank
CF056BC6-F7DC-44D9-B59B-BDCD4DBCC4CD.jpeg

Prest12

I just discovered my grandparents have a bunch of old records. So many artists, stories, musicals, and I’ve never heard of most of them. I counted about 240 records. Some of them are over 75 years old.

Dippiedee

Partner said they'd fed my betta...

Gee, thanks. Now I have to gravel vac

20201221_153515.jpg

(I did a water change and vac yesterday)

Betta'sAnonymous

A lady at work gave me these this morning...evil temptress!!

20201221_082512.jpg

V1K

Betta'sAnonymous said:
A lady at work gave me these this morning...evil temptress!!

20201221_082512.jpg
We used to have a security guy like that, he would bring loads of snacks (mostly something as sweet as this) for everyone whenever it was his shift, to the point of some girls actually scolding him because there would be way too much of that stuff and it would end up going stale and being thrown out. I'm not a fan of things that heavy on sugar, that's why I prefer to bake my own desserts, shop-bought are always way too sweet.

AcornTheBetta

Dippiedee said:
Partner said they'd fed my betta...

Gee, thanks. Now I have to gravel vac

20201221_153515.jpg

(I did a water change and vac yesterday)
Oh god! How many pellets is that?

Dippiedee

AcornTheBetta said:
Oh god! How many pellets is that?
I have no idea far too many in any case

AcornTheBetta

I'm not sure if I am allowed to say this here, but today I got cussed out. So, my team and I just got off the lift and headed to the top of that park run to wait for the rest of the group. When we were all there, we were planning out what we were going to do. All of a sudden this lady (probably 50 something years old) screams that we are blocking the entrance which we weren't. At this point we all move to the side as far as we can to let her through and there is a 7' across path for her to ride down (more than enough room). She proceeds to ride down the path and then hits this fence with a pole in it. Though this fence is pretty strong and made of like this plasticish mesh, she ripped through it. At this point she is halfway through this fence and using some colorful language while trying to free herself from the fence. Once she is free, she yells at my coach that first we blocked her and now we cut her off (both of these statements are untrue). All the while she is using all the words she knows in front of 7 year olds so my coach askes her to "Please stop swearing ma'am". At this point my whole team is on the verge of dying with laughter between her stupid accusations and her ripping through the fence, but we somehow contain ourselves. She then gestures and rides away. What a nice day to be on the mountain.

Pythia

Remember how I said my betta died? Now two of my fish have jumped out of the tank! This is getting weird.

Rose of Sharon

Pythia said:
Remember how I said my betta died? Now two of my fish have jumped out of the tank! This is getting weird.
So sorry!!! I have lost 2 bettas this month as well. One had fish tb, and the other was old and started having serious breathing issues. I euthanized the one with tb 2 weeks ago. I had euthanize my little boy yesterday. He was my abslolute favorite. It broke my heart. He was the greatest little guy. I do feel your pain!

I hope you figure out what is going on soon!!!

kanzekatores

I got a guitar for Christmas! I just wanted to contribute to this thread again What did you guys get

Dippiedee

My toddler got dinosaurs that roar and a kitchen that makes fire sounds when the hob is on and a teddy that tells stories she has them all turned on at once

So I got a headache

kanzekatores

Dippiedee said:
My toddler got dinosaurs that roar and a kitchen that makes fire sounds when the hob is on and a teddy that tells stories she has them all turned on at once

So I got a headache
Is the bear the one that reads ‘twas the night before Christmas, because we have that one too

erinw347

I got a python (the siphon) and the R2 fish school!!

V1K

Dippiedee said:
a kitchen that makes fire sounds when the hob is on
For a second my brain went "Why does a kitched has a hang-on-back filter?".

Prest12

I got a book and a hat. Apparently most of my presents are stuck in the mail somewhere.

Betta'sAnonymous

I got a few hundred in cash for Christmas. So i bet some of that will go to fish stuff.

Prest12

Third time spilling an entire thing of food. At least this time it was pellets.

Mii

Was holding a cookie in one hand and a Ph buffer in the other, finished cookie, almost absentmindedly took a bite out of the Ph buffer. twice.

kanzekatores

Mii said:
Was holding a cookie in one hand and a Ph buffer in the other, finished cookie, almost absentmindedly took a bite out of the Ph buffer. twice.
I’ve done that with dog treats

Mii

If I ever find the surgeon that screwed up my limb transplant, I'll kill them with my bear hands.

Prest12

Mii said:
If I ever find the surgeon that screwed up my limb transplant, I'll kill them with my bear hands.
Reminds me of this poem.

I don’t think it’s difficult to read like it says, but it is fun to see how weird English is.

Kribensis27

Prest12 said:
Reminds me of this poem.

I don’t think it’s difficult to read like it says, but it is fun to see how weird English is.
The comments there are so confused

V1K

It has a number of words I don't know and therefore don't know how to pronounce. There were also some that were implied by the poem to be different yet I pronounce them the same (e.g. doll and roll?).

Lakefish

That poem is fairly dependent on geography. We on the west coast of Canada like to make fun of the east coasters. For us, "aunt" sounds like "ant", whereas for them it rhymes with "font." We say "roof," like "hoof," they pronounce it "ruff." "Doll" typically rhymes with "all." "Roll" sounds like "role." I love language
Always have to turn on the subtitles when watching British TV. Can't understand half what they say. My father told me once that during combined operations in the world wars, Canadians were often used as radio operators because we could be easily understood by all English speakers. Any of you think that we have a terrible, unintelligible accent? I'm curious

AcornTheBetta

HELP! I am planning to buy 4 WCMM to increase my school size to 6. Do you guys think I should just risk it and just try to pick healthy fish or redo my Salvinia minima grow out bin so it's a qt tank? The bin is just under 5g and I have a filter, light, and some plants for it.

Prest12

I just had to sit outside in the cold at 3:30am for a while because I drank too much tap water. This can’t be normal.

Edit: The pain is coming back. Time to go freeze again.

V1K

What's wrong with your tap water? And how does going outside help? None of this makes sense to me :confused:

Prest12

V1K said:
What's wrong with your tap water? And how does going outside help? None of this makes sense to me :confused:
For whatever reason, drinking more than a few ounces of tap water makes my whole top half so incredibly itchy and painful to the point that I want to tear my skin off. Cold weather prevents it from getting quite as bad if I can get out there soon enough. No idea why it helps, though.

V1K

Prest12 said:
For whatever reason, drinking more than a few ounces of tap water makes my whole top half so incredibly itchy and painful to the point that I want to tear my skin off. Cold weather prevents it from getting quite as bad if I can get out there soon enough. No idea why it helps, though.
Maybe you should have that water professionally tested, that's not how water is supposed to work :eek:

Prest12

V1K said:
Maybe you should have that water professionally tested, that's not how water is supposed to work :eek:
Nobody else in my family has any problems with it. They don’t believe me when I tell them what happens. They think I just prefer bottled water because it tastes better.

Dippiedee

Prest12 said:
Sounds like an allergic reaction? To some of the chemicals in the water perhaps?

Prest12

Dippiedee said:
Sounds like an allergic reaction? To some of the chemicals in the water perhaps?
I’ve thought about it. I get strange reactions from showers too. It didn’t even cross my mind that they could be related until a couple months ago. If it is an allergy I have no idea how I’d go about figuring out what I’m allergic to.

V1K

Prest12 said:
I’ve thought about it. I get strange reactions from showers too. It didn’t even cross my mind that they could be related until a couple months ago. If it is an allergy I have no idea how I’d go about figuring out what I’m allergic to.
That's why I said maybe your water needs a professional testing, not something you can check with your aquarium tests. Maybe there are some organic pollutants that you're allergic to.

Kribensis27

Yeah that water thing doesn’t sound very normal. I’m super curious now. You should definitely get your water tested.

Prest12

I certainly should. I am curious why this doesn’t affect anybody else, though.

V1K

Prest12 said:
I certainly should. I am curious why this doesn’t affect anybody else, though.
Probably it's something that isn't really toxic and you're just allergic to it.

Mii

Prest12 You should probably talk to your doctor.

Prest12

Mii said:
Prest12 You should probably talk to your doctor.
Probably, but its been happening for years, and I’m not dead yet.

SeaMonkey06

Wow, another one? I was part of the original FL thread but haven't been active on the forum for so many months :confused: and I forgot how much I enjoyed my discussions with like minded people. So yeah I guess this is just me saying hi?

AcornTheBetta

SeaMonkey06 said:
Wow, another one? I was part of the original FL thread but haven't been active on the forum for so many months :confused: and I forgot how much I enjoyed my discussions with like minded people. So yeah I guess this is just me saying hi?
Hi and welcome back!

erinw347

Wanted to share this silly lobster I saw at Petco today

julifhy

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
I do, when I want to. I have to work up. Not do screens before bed (yeah thanks a lot FL :rolleyes. Think about dreaming actively during the day. Write down my dreams. I'll sometimes use WBTB as well. Sometimes it's just random. Oh and never get scared in a lucid dream, it's BAD. Like really really horrible. They say you shouldn't look it a mirror either, but I've done it and just saw my reflection. I was having a good hair day lol. I can control it to a certain degree, but it depends. Sometimes I can us the door strategy and go to different places, sometimes I can add in things (though it's wonky, sometimes I'll get random stuff I didn't want), but sometimes all I can control is my self.
What techniques have you tried?
Whenever I see a door in my dream, I'm told not to go through it lol :confused:
I usually try writing down my dreams and looking at people's faces when I'm dreaming. Apparently people's facial features in dreams will look out of place and once you notice that, you might be able to lucid dream... unfortunately for me, people's faces look normal??

I'm also curious, can you read or are you able to use your phone in your dreams?

V1K

julifhy said:
I'm also curious, can you read or are you able to use your phone in your dreams?
Nope. The devices in my dreams malfunction, and the more complicated device, the more they malfunction, making phones and computers pretty much unusable. Then there's a whole theme of devices being sort of haunted and out of control, those are creepy as heck.

julifhy

V1K said:
Nope. The devices in my dreams malfunction, and the more complicated device, the more they malfunction, making phones and computers pretty much unusable. Then there's a whole theme of devices being sort of haunted and out of control, those are creepy as heck.
I can usually use my phone, unless I want to look at the time or use google lol. I’ve never had any haunted devices in my dream though except for the one time I had a dream my phone was hacked

erinw347

I rarely see my phone in my dreams but if i do, it’s distorted (but still usable)

Betta'sAnonymous

Wait....am i the only one that has dreams of getting stuck in quicksand and my unit gets ambushed from eneny gunfire while we are stuck?

erinw347

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Wait....am i the only one that has dreams of getting stuck in quicksand and my unit gets ambushed from eneny gunfire while we are stuck?
Not exactly, but I have a lot of dreams about running out of time for something

Betta'sAnonymous

erinw347 said:
Not exactly, but I have a lot of dreams about running out of time for something
That was the only dream a remember a pho e even being in. And thats cuz my twisted mind made me call my wife to tell her i love her but was about to die. My subconcious hates me i think. Or maybe supressed memories as flashbacks.

AcornTheBetta

What'd you guys have for dinner? I had nachos!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom