The bestest thread on fishlore. 2.0 - Page 8

kanzekatores

Kribensis27 said:
Wait, dreaming in color is rare?
I heard that somewhere. Now I'm looking it up and certain sites say most people dream in color, and another says that only 25-29% of people dream in color. idk do you guys dream in color

Kribensis27

Hmmmmm.... that’s weird. Well, whatever. I know at least I dream in color. If that’s rare, then yay me.

julifhy

kanzekatores said:
I heard that somewhere. Now I'm looking it up and certain sites say most people dream in color, and another says that only 25-29% of people dream in color. idk do you guys dream in color
I heard the opposite. I thought it’s rare for people to dream in black and white, but I’ll have to double check that.
My dreams are really colorful. Colors are brighter and more vivid in my dreams than in real life.
Can any of you lucid dream? I’ve been trying to do it for years, but even when I know I’m dreaming, I can’t control anything

kanzekatores

I can kind of. I realize that I'm in a dream quite often, but I'm still not my conscious self in them. Like in one lucid dream my mom was in it, and I was thinking "Will my mom remember me in this dream when she wakes up?"

NevermindIgnoreMe

julifhy said:
I heard the opposite. I thought it’s rare for people to dream in black and white, but I’ll have to double check that.
My dreams are really colorful. Colors are brighter and more vivid in my dreams than in real life.
Can any of you lucid dream? I’ve been trying to do it for years, but even when I know I’m dreaming, I can’t control anything
I do, when I want to. I have to work up. Not do screens before bed (yeah thanks a lot FL :rolleyes. Think about dreaming actively during the day. Write down my dreams. I'll sometimes use WBTB as well. Sometimes it's just random. Oh and never get scared in a lucid dream, it's BAD. Like really really horrible. They say you shouldn't look it a mirror either, but I've done it and just saw my reflection. I was having a good hair day lol. I can control it to a certain degree, but it depends. Sometimes I can us the door strategy and go to different places, sometimes I can add in things (though it's wonky, sometimes I'll get random stuff I didn't want), but sometimes all I can control is my self.
What techniques have you tried?

Kribensis27

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
I do, when I want to. I have to work up. Not do screens before bed (yeah thanks a lot FL :rolleyes. Think about dreaming actively during the day. Write down my dreams. I'll sometimes use WBTB as well. Sometimes it's just random. Oh and never get scared in a lucid dream, it's BAD. Like really really horrible. They say you shouldn't look it a mirror either, but I've done it and just saw my reflection. I was having a good hair day lol. I can control it to a certain degree, but it depends. Sometimes I can us the door strategy and go to different places, sometimes I can add in things (though it's wonky, sometimes I'll get random stuff I didn't want), but sometimes all I can control is my self.
That’s so cool. Sometimes, I’ll know that it’s a dream, but I can only control it with my anxious thoughts. I just keep thinking, “It’s going well now, don’t ruin it.”, which ends up making it utterly horrifying. As someone above said, you know your worst fears better than anyone, which means your brain can make the most horrible things up that hit you the hardest. Some of my dreams make fully rational, awake me, afraid, even though the concept is ridiculous. While I’m awake, I refuse to think of these dreams, but I can’t control it while I’m asleep. My brain goes to every inch of graphic detail, and I often wake up completely and utterly terrified. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it’s bad. The dreams start out fairly normal, but things start to warp. The timeline doesn’t make sense anymore, the people who weren’t in the dream all of a sudden are, people who were there disappear, my surroundings change, and it makes me all nervous. That nervous feeling is what causes it to escalate to not so fishlore friendly levels. There’s also usually something horrifying I made up in my sleep following me through it. It’s awful, but it doesn’t happen often, and the coping method for me is fairly straightforward. It’s just basically that it’s totally crazy and can’t possibly happen in real life, and I just tend to think of it as more of an incredibly intense horror movie.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Yep!!! Same! Yeah, ik I'm the one that said that.
It's AWFUL. I've been chased by murder bent demon dolls, trapped in a room filling with water while relatives who could save me watch, and desperately tried to convince adults of the evident danger only for my pleas to be ignored. The worst part is I can never vanquish the bad things, I can get away but I can't erase them.
The best kind of dream is lucid with cool adventures IMO what about you?
Kribensis27 said:
That’s so cool. Sometimes, I’ll know that it’s a dream, but I can only control it with my anxious thoughts. I just keep thinking, “It’s going well now, don’t ruin it.”, which ends up making it utterly horrifying. As someone above said, you know your worst fears better than anyone, which means your brain can make the most horrible things up that hit you the hardest. Some of my dreams make fully rational, awake me, afraid, even though the concept is ridiculous. While I’m awake, I refuse to think of these dreams, but I can’t control it while I’m asleep. My brain goes to every inch of graphic detail, and I often wake up completely and utterly terrified. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it’s bad. The dreams start out fairly normal, but things start to warp. The timeline doesn’t make sense anymore, the people who weren’t in the dream all of a sudden are, people who were there disappear, my surroundings change, and it makes me all nervous. That nervous feeling is what causes it to escalate to not so fishlore friendly levels. There’s also usually something horrifying I made up in my sleep following me through it. It’s awful, but it doesn’t happen often, and the coping method for me is fairly straightforward. It’s just basically that it’s totally crazy and can’t possibly happen in real life, and I just tend to think of it as more of an incredibly intense horror movie.

V1K

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Sometimes I can us the door strategy and go to different places, sometimes I can add in things (though it's wonky, sometimes I'll get random stuff I didn't want), but sometimes all I can control is my self.
I too figured out I can use the doors to get to different places. The first time I thought "this is boring, I should go out and see what's there" I woke up before I could do it, but the last time I went through a number of doors to a lot of different places. None of them were particularly interesting, BUT I found I could walk through the doors without opening them, just phase through them like a ghost and THAT was something.
I've never had a lucid dream go wrong, they're usually chill and relatively uneventful.
The technique that induces lucid dreaming for me the best is waking up after 4-5 hours of sleep, not falling asleep right away, and then using mindfulness to fall asleep. You're supposed to stay mindful through the hypnogogic state and go straight to dreaming while retaining consciousness, but I always lose focus, simply fall asleep, and yet lucid dream anyway. Since staying awake for a while costs sleep time which I value, I don't usually do it on purpose, only when I'm having a hard time falling back to sleep anyway.

kanzekatores

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
I agree, I had a dream about a month ago that I realized I was dreaming in. I was in this neighborhood so I tried to explore it by going in a house. In the house my dad was there, married to a different woman than my mom, with a kid. I had a picture of my mom with me, and I showed it to him and said, "in my world, this is your spouse." It was wierd. But the wierdest thing is that my dad and mom have also had dreams about him with someone else. Maybe in the "dream world" he is...

Kribensis27

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Yep!!! Same! Yeah, ik I'm the one that said that.
It's AWFUL. I've been chased by murder bent demon dolls, trapped in a room filling with water while relatives who could save me watch, and desperately tried to convince adults of the evident danger only for my pleas to be ignored. The worst part is I can never vanquish the bad things, I can get away but I can't erase them.
I love the dreams where I’m just blissfully unaware of whatever’s happening. It’s all blurry and I can’t tell what’s going on but it’s just happy. Then I wake up and feel just kinda nice. The things in my bad dreams are usually something relatively hidden. They talk to me, and I see parts of them, or they conceal themselves but I see them move things in the dreams. The way they talk to me is terrible. I know exactly what the most terrifying scenario is, so it happens every time. The most recent thing following me was always hiding behind a doorway, but it used this mask looking thing attached to a stick that would poke around the corner and watch me. The mask seemed worse than the thing itself. Whenever I saw the mask, it had this sudden, extreme burst of laughter. Imagine the sound of a man screaming suddenly and quickly right into a microphone, but with the pattern of laughter. It followed me through every single part of that dream, into different places and with different people. I saw it almost all night, until I finally woke up from the utter panic of hearing the laugh. Now, I can hardly stand to look at empty doorways at night. I don’t even know if I would call the mask a mask, as it didn’t quite look like one, but knowing my brain, I have no idea what it was supposed to be.

V1K

Wow, that sounds creepy. The scariest type of my dreams (common ones, not lucid) is when electrical devices malfunction. Lights won't switch on/off properly and just glow in this creepy half-light. Computer/TV/radio/phone will start playing something full sound in a middle of the night and I can't switch it off even if I unplug it/take a battery out. No other type of nightmare has that psychological horror movie vibe for me, even when I'm chased by mutant dogs or killers or whatever, that fear for my life is more comfortable than that chill when I just can't get the lights on and turn a TV off.
One thing about my dreams I think is unusual when compared to other people's dreams that they tell me is that there's very little communication in them. In most of my dreams I don't talk to anyone at all. There's rarely any interpersonal dramma going on. People mostly serve as extras, not as important characters. It's just me vs the circumstances.

NevermindIgnoreMe

My least favorite kind is when I'm living in the same world as something horrible I can't kill that is always chasing me, and will cause me a slow painful death. Death isn't the scary part, you don't die in dreams, it's the pain, because in my dreams I can still feel strong pain.
But as I said generally, they are just neutral or good. But then every once in a while I'll have my favorite kind where it's an adventure or in peaceful beautiful place, or when I can interact with a person. Like you, my dream characters are usually of little importance, unrealistic, hating me for some reason, and majorly lacking in personality. But there are ones who are interesting, engaging and kind once in a blue moon, and they are really cool.
Also, in my dreams sometimes I choose not to be lucid. I have a good internal clock, I know how close to awakeness I am, and being lucid can really destroy the dream, and then I'm just imagining instead of dreaming. My lucid dreaming, while more frequent than some others is severely lacking in stability. It's like going from a pawn in circumstances you can't control and enjoying the challenge, to being a player playing be yourself just making everything how you want it and then it's boring.

Dippiedee

My latest creation

Prest12

This is going to be long, but I feel like I have to say something.

My neighborhood just had a small Christmas activity thing where we walked around the block, and stopped at a few houses for food and crafts. I didn’t want to go because I’m very bad around people, especially adults, and they’re the ones who will try to talk to me. I tried to explain to my mom that people take almost everything I say the wrong way. I’m very good at accidentally getting into arguments, and/or offending people. Everything I try to say is taken personally. Not to mention I’m super awkward, so I’m not going to participate in the activities anyway. I just got the usual “oh, everybody’s awkward”, “you don’t offend anybody”, “you’re just imagining things”. I ended up being dragged along with the rest of my family.

Things started off fine. I did my usual: stare at the ground, speak only when spoken to, answer in as few words as possible, etc. People often see it as rude, but it’s better than the other option. On our way to the last house, I got into an argument with my mom for what is basically me being good with emotions. Don’t ask me how, but even though I don’t have emotions, I can always tell how somebody feels, or what they think about something. No matter how much they try to hide it. She told me that that people probably didn’t like what I did, and I said it was fine, and told her what they really thought. She started yelling about how she is older, and she must know better than me. That I don’t have emotions, so how could I possibly know about other people. She was also accusing me of all sorts of unrelated things. I kept my distance for the rest of the time to avoid making things worse.

Now I’m sitting at home, fingers freezing cold and purple because my hands have bad circulation (some of you probably saw my picture of them). I smell like smoke, and I won’t be able to take a shower for another two days (remember how I get bad rashes), and all that came out of it was an argument.

My mom is mad at me, and so is the rest of my family for making her sad. She’s probably expecting me to apologize, but I don’t even understand why what I did was wrong. I have not no emotion, so my thought process is purely logical. If I’m wrong about something, I would love to be corrected. I don’t understand why people get so defensive. I guess what bothers me is that I told her all about this not two hours earlier, and she still got offended by many of the things I said.

I don’t need anybody to feel sorry, or try to comfort me. Remember, I don’t have emotion. I can’t be sad. I’m not even capable of caring how sad my mom is (as horrible as that sounds). No matter what you say, my feelings aren’t going to change because they weren’t there to begin with.

Edit: you know I think I finally have a signature, because I know I’ve offended people on here.

Mii

one has not truly loved until they've experienced the glorious sound known as eurobeat. and not just the really overused songs in memes. I would *strongly* recommend to check out this mix
it is very well put together as well as the song "crazy on emotion" by Ace. this song is MAGICAL. you MUST listen to it. but be warned eurobeat is highly addictive.

V1K

Prest12 said:
This is going to be long, but I feel like I have to say something.

My neighborhood just had a small Christmas activity thing where we walked around the block, and stopped at a few houses for food and crafts. I didn’t want to go because I’m very bad around people, especially adults, and they’re the ones who will try to talk to me. I tried to explain to my mom that people take almost everything I say the wrong way. I’m very good at accidentally getting into arguments, and/or offending people. Everything I try to say is taken personally. Not to mention I’m super awkward, so I’m not going to participate in the activities anyway. I just got the usual “oh, everybody’s awkward”, “you don’t offend anybody”, “you’re just imagining things”. I ended up being dragged along with the rest of my family.

Things started off fine. I did my usual: stare at the ground, speak only when spoken to, answer in as few words as possible, etc. People often see it as rude, but it’s better than the other option. On our way to the last house, I got into an argument with my mom for what is basically me being good with emotions. Don’t ask me how, but even though I don’t have emotions, I can always tell how somebody feels, or what they think about something. No matter how much they try to hide it. She told me that that people probably didn’t like what I did, and I said it was fine, and told her what they really thought. She started yelling about how she is older, and she must know better than me. That I don’t have emotions, so how could I possibly know about other people. She was also accusing me of all sorts of unrelated things. I kept my distance for the rest of the time to avoid making things worse.

Now I’m sitting at home, fingers freezing cold and purple because my hands have bad circulation (some of you probably saw my picture of them). I smell like smoke, and I won’t be able to take a shower for another two days (remember how I get bad rashes), and all that came out of it was an argument.

My mom is mad at me, and so is the rest of my family for making her sad. She’s probably expecting me to apologize, but I don’t even understand why what I did was wrong. I have not no emotion, so my thought process is purely logical. If I’m wrong about something, I would love to be corrected. I don’t understand why people get so defensive. I guess what bothers me is that I told her all about this not two hours earlier, and she still got offended by many of the things I said.

I don’t need anybody to feel sorry, or try to comfort me. Remember, I don’t have emotion. I can’t be sad. I’m not even capable of caring how sad my mom is (as horrible as that sounds). No matter what you say, my feelings aren’t going to change because they weren’t there to begin with.

Edit: you know I think I finally have a signature, because I know I’ve offended people on here.
Nobody is entirely without emotions, there are just different ways people experience them and just as many ways they express them, different intensities and durations. Someone without emotions wouldn't be uncomfortable or concerned about any of the things you described. And you wouldn't bother describing them if you weren't concerned. At least that's what MY logic says about it. Anyway, it's pity your mom drags you into things you neither want nor are good at, and then gets mad for you not being good at it (at least by her subjective standards).

On an unrelated note, why are you people visiting other people in a middle of a pandemic? Are you insane (I mean not you personally, but the adults who organized it)?

Prest12

V1K said:
Nobody is entirely without emotions, there are just different ways people experience them and just as many ways they express them, different intensities and durations. Someone without emotions wouldn't be uncomfortable or concerned about any of the things you described. And you wouldn't bother describing them if you weren't concerned. At least that's what MY logic says about it. Anyway, it's pity your mom drags you into things you neither want nor are good at, and then gets mad for you not being good at it (at least by her subjective standards).
You’re probably right that I’m not entirely without emotion, but the things I do feel aren’t really the same things that I described in the post. That’s just me trying to act human. I’m not sure why I felt the need to post it. It’s not that different from everything else in my life, and I don’t post that stuff.

V1K said:
On an unrelated note, why are you people visiting other people in a middle of a pandemic? Are you insane (I mean not you personally, but the adults who organized it)?
Another reason I didn’t want to go, but I knew my family wouldn’t care about that one. The email that I got about the activity was worded like they were trying to break the law without actually, technically doing so. “Imagine if we all just happened to leave our houses, and take a walk around the block at the same time...” I was surprised by the amount of masks and hand sanitizer. Anything that people touched for an activity, such as pens, were put into a dirty pile after they were touched. That said, all of that doesn’t help much when people are crowding around you, taking in your face. In other words, yes they are crazy.

V1K

Prest12 said:
You’re probably right that I’m not entirely without emotion, but the things I do feel aren’t really the same things that I described in the post. That’s just me trying to act human. I’m not sure why I felt the need to post it. It’s not that different from everything else in my life, and I don’t post that stuff.
Have you ever watched Star Trek or Star Trek: The Next Generation? I wonder whether you'd relate more to Spock or Data. Somehow I guess Data... Strongly recommend both.

Prest12

V1K said:
Have you ever watched Star Trek or Star Trek: The Next Generation? I wonder whether you'd relate more to Spock or Data. Somehow I guess Data... Strongly recommend both.
I haven’t. It’s one of the things I avoid for no reason in particular. I kind of plan on watching it sometime because I keep hearing about how similar they are to me.

Dippiedee

Bump.

Has anyone else got their phone screen light turned up full at midnight desperately trying to stay awake while they feed an infant? No? Must just be me then

Betta'sAnonymous

Nooooo....phone light BAD!!

Dippiedee

I'm at the sleep deprivation stage where I'm having to read everything at least twice because my brain can't make sense of it the first time

Betta'sAnonymous

Dippiedee said:
I'm at the sleep deprivation stage where I'm having to read everything at least twice because my brain can't make sense of it the first time
That's my favorite state of lucidity....and somehiw i always seem to have to end up driving whenever i reach that state.

StarGirl

Im watching Christmas movies. Just finished Holidate and now watching California Christmas. lol

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
Im watching Christmas movies. Just finished Holidate and now watching California Christmas. lol
Up next: Die Hard

StarGirl

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Up next: Die Hard
THAT IS NOT A CHRISTMAS MOVIE!!!!!!! There let the debates begin. I say NAY.

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
THAT IS NOT A CHRISTMAS MOVIE!!!!!!! There let the debates begin. I say NAY.
Well, there are those who think Die Hard is a Christmas movie. The other group is just wrong.

StarGirl

Well there is the wrong group that think it is a Christmas movie......... and then sane people.

goldface

StarGirl said:
You didn't tell us how bad the movie is.

StarGirl

goldface said:
You didn't tell us how bad the movie is.
Holidate was good. I like Emma Roberts...lol This next one looks like a Hallmark movie. May or may not finish it.

Betta'sAnonymous

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is on now

StarGirl

One of my favorites. I don't watch A Christmas Story until. 24 hours of A Christmas Story on TBS.......lol

Prest12

On the topic of movies.. would you say the nightmare before Christmas a Halloween or Christmas movie?

StarGirl

Prest12 said:
On the topic of movies.. would you say the nightmare before Christmas a Halloween or Christmas movie?
Ummmmm BOTH!

Kribensis27

Prest12 said:
It's a multi-holiday type movie.

Hugooo

Betta'sAnonymous said:
That's my favorite state of lucidity....and somehiw i always seem to have to end up driving whenever i reach that state.
If you ever suddenly disappear, we'll know why!
Kribensis27 said:
It's a multi-holiday type movie.
Agreed. Probably one of the few made ever. It's a fantastic movie, too.

AquaBaby

Dippiedee said:
Oh, I remember those times. You're at the point of being physically in pain because of how exhausted you are ....... and then, a little smile with long intense eye contact, a tiny hand grasping your finger ........ *sighs* and it's all worth it.

(Of course, I'm assuming you're talking about a human infant; but with any baby, there's that special moment and your heart just swells.)

Mii

Dippiedee said:
Bump.

Has anyone else got their phone screen light turned up full at midnight desperately trying to stay awake while they feed an infant? No? Must just be me then
If I somehow got stuck with a baby I'd just leave it in another room where I can't hear is cry in the night. But maybe that's just because I don't want a baby and the only reason I'd bother keeping it alive is because it would be cruel not to.

Dippiedee

AquaBaby said:
Oh, I remember those times. You're at the point of being physically in pain because of how exhausted you are ....... and then, a little smile with long intense eye contact, a tiny hand grasping your finger ........ *sighs* and it's all worth it.

(Of course, I'm assuming you're talking about a human infant; but with any baby, there's that special moment and your heart just swells.)
After making that post she slept for 4 hours ironically. So I no longer feel on the verge of hallucinations lol

A human infant yes aha

Mii said:
If I somehow got stuck with a baby I'd just leave it in another room where I can't hear is cry in the night. But maybe that's just because I don't want a baby and the only reason I'd bother keeping it alive is because it would be cruel not to.
Well the simple answer to that would be to just not have children.

Mii

Dippiedee said:
After making that post she slept for 4 hours ironically. So I no longer feel on the verge of hallucinations lol

A human infant yes aha

Well the simple answer to that would be to just not have children.
note that in the day I'd still try my best to keep it happy and healthy even though I'm 14 year old kid who doesn't want a baby. ever. but I'm not gonna deal with it at night. I'm not saying that you should do that as I know nothing about parenting and if that's a good idea or a terrible idea, and I feel that when you choose to have a baby you should commit to taking the best care of it you can, but I would never choose to acquire a baby in any way, and infact when I grow up any get marry someone, one of my requirements is that she's ok with not having babies.

Dippiedee

Mii said:
note that in the day I'd still try my best to keep it happy and healthy even though I'm 14 year old kid who doesn't want a baby. ever. but I'm not gonna deal with it at night. I'm not saying that you should do that as I know nothing about parenting and if that's a good idea or a terrible idea, and I feel that when you choose to have a baby you should commit to taking the best care of it you can, but I would never choose to acquire a baby in any way, and infact when I grow up any get marry someone, one of my requirements is that she's ok with not having babies.
This stuff is all way off in the future and doesn't bare thinking about at your age, but finding a partner who also wants to stay childfree should not be a problem. There are plenty of folk who don't want children and that's perfectly fine. Its not for everyone.

Infact I'd strongly discourage having them if your not 100% sure you want to do it. Its very hard and you have to make a lot of sacrifices. If you're doing that for something you don't really want thats a sure fire way to nurture resentment.

Mii

grabbed my phone while listening to headphones. finger just happened to land on the volume up button. I think I just reduced my ears's lifespan but half.

Mii

Mii said:
grabbed my phone while listening to headphones. finger just happened to land on the volume up button. I think I just reduced my ears's lifespan but half.
UPDATE: "Have a holly jolly Christmas" is still ringing in my ear.

Mii

whenever I'm having a hard time making a decision, I just let RNG decide for me. I then change my mind and do the opposite of what it decides.

Dippiedee

One thing I have learnt from this forum is what I consider to be 'curse words' or 'inappropriate language' is very different to what other people might consider to be

For example, I don't think the more extreme version of lol inwhich one laughs so much that their buttocks detaches from their body is inappropriate and so warrants a censoring.

I have plenty more examples but there's no way to express them without using the words but you get the picture anyway.

Mii

Dippiedee said:
One thing I have learnt from this forum is what I consider to be 'curse words' or 'inappropriate language' is very different to what other people might consider to be

For example, I don't think the more extreme version of lol inwhich one laughs so much that their buttocks detaches from their body is inappropriate and so warrants a censoring.

I have plenty more examples but there's no way to express them without using the words but you get the picture anyway.
I don't think most people think that the words fishlore sensors are not considered offensive by most people, but it likes to be extra cautious just incase.

Betta'sAnonymous

One thing i learned yesterday is they make Hershey's Kisses in the flavor of sugar cookie now.

Hugooo

Mii said:
I don't think most people think that the words fishlore sensors are not considered offensive by most people, but it likes to be extra cautious just incase.
Agreed. Anyone on the internet can view these threads.

Pythia

Oof...I'm not feeling too good right now. My betta just died a few days ago.

StarGirl

Aw Im sorry. Hugs!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom