The bestest thread on fishlore. 2.0 - Page 7

Prest12

All the time. I either have bad dreams, or don’t dream at all. Never anything good. Every single night, for about a week, I dreamed that I walked up to my tank to find half my fish dead or dying.

StarGirl

Nobody started the Emoji game? Im shocked actually!

Mii

hey can someone go reply to my post on The User Below Me?

Kribensis27

StarGirl said:
Nobody started the Emoji game? Im shocked actually!
You should start it. I just assumed somebody would. That’s kind C R A Z Y :;banana1:;bananared:;bananacool:;bananamask

kanzekatores

Only 7 pages? We must do better

Hugooo

kanzekatores said:
Well, Kanze, you haven't been too active yourself. You're not one to talk!!

kanzekatores

Hugooo said:
Well, Kanze, you haven't been too active yourself. You're not one to talk!!
Sorry. I am contributing now

erinw347

Angelfish are something else. My male is trying to fight his reflection. He’s also harassing the other angels that are on the other side of the tank, but don’t seem to notice the bristlenose sitting in the plant that they’re gonna lay eggs in...

Kribensis27

erinw347 said:
Angelfish are something else. My male is trying to fight his reflection. He’s also harassing the other angels that are on the other side of the tank, but don’t seem to notice the bristlenose sitting in the plant that they’re gonna lay eggs in...
Angels are crazy. Mine thinks he’s a tiger barb. He’s been with that school since he was the size of a dime, and he still schools with them to this day. There’s a bit of nipping, but it’s more of the affectionate nipping schooling fish tend to do with each other. They’re mostly peaceful with each other, and love to terrorize their tank mates together .

Betta'sAnonymous

Kribensis27 said:
Angels are crazy. Mine thinks he’s a tiger barb. He’s been with that school since he was the size of a dime, and he still schools with them to this day. There’s a bit of nipping, but it’s more of the affectionate nipping schooling fish tend to do with each other. They’re mostly peaceful with each other, and love to terrorize their tank mates together .
I am the BLACK DEATH for angel fish. Or at least used to be, lije 15 years ago. Haven't worked up the nerve to try them again just yet. Or interest.

AcornTheBetta

Ok, by show of agrees, who thinks this new drop-down thing is annoying?

StarGirl

Im sure it will be fixed.....everyone chill. Something might have glitched or something.
He didnt just make these new badges and stuff just to take them off. lol

kanzekatores

I didn't notice it until you guys said something about it. I felt like something was off...

Betta'sAnonymous

I still dont understand there is a problem here

AcornTheBetta

Betta'sAnonymous said:
There's a drop down arrow thing to see people's details.

StarGirl

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Why are you so basic? lol You don't like seeing where someone is from or whatever without clicking a extra step? Its been, like it been, ever since I been ............here.

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
Why are you so basic? lol You don't like seeing where someone is from or whatever without clicking a extra step? Its been, like it been, ever since I been ............here.
Me no stalker!!! Lol

StarGirl

I dont like it either but im sure it will get fixed.

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
I dont like it either but im sure it will get fixed.
*eats my Runza in peace....drop downs are none of MY business*

Betta'sAnonymous

Which upcoming is a football saturday...so probably a Runza saturday!! Always better on a cold day

StarGirl

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Which upcoming is a football saturday...so probably a Runza saturday!! Always better on a cold day
I've got recipes, don't need no Nebraska. I have to drive thru Iowa to get there anyway.

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
I've got recipes, don't need no Nebraska. I have to drive thru Iowa to get there anyway.
I don't wish that on my worst enemy

StarGirl

I hate driving though Iowa and Kansas.

erinw347

i’m not seeing it on my phone. maybe it’s not on mobile

StarGirl

erinw347 said:
i’m not seeing it on my phone. maybe it’s not on mobile
The badges didnt show up on mobile anyway. So yeah I think you are right.

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
I hate driving though Iowa and Kansas.
I usually take backroads in Kansas, since i used to live near the border. Unless we going to Kansas City. Great place to scout for eagles this time of year, the backroads. I even have one that visits me at work. Flew about 25-30 ft right above my head yesterday

Mii

what is the drop down thing and what's wrong with it?

NevermindIgnoreMe

Mii said:
Now to see how many messages, reactions, and experience someone has and the area they live in, you have to click a drop down thing. It's super annoying. Say you are on a cool thread and notice a member you aren't familiar with, or you want too see how long someone has been dealing with fish, you look over and you can't see it. You have to do an extra click.

Edit: OH MY CARP I JUST HIT 800 MESSAGES
Edit 2.0: I don't want to post anything anymore. I just want it to be perfect. Alas, I have advice to give, comments to post, and friends to talk to. (Aka I can't keep my mouth shut or er fingers still?)

Mii

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
OH MY CARP I JUST HIT 800 MESSAGES
congratulations.

TheFISH12

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Now to see how many messages, reactions, and experience someone has and the area they live in, you have to click a drop down thing. It's super annoying. Say you are on a cool thread and notice a member you aren't familiar with, or you want too see how long someone has been dealing with fish, you look over and you can't see it. You have to do an extra click.

Edit: OH MY CARP I JUST HIT 800 MESSAGES
Edit 2.0: I don't want to post anything anymore. I just want it to be perfect. Alas, I have advice to give, comments to post, and friends to talk to. (Aka I can't keep my mouth shut or er fingers still?)
And you had 685 reactions. Which I guess isn't even a landmark number. (is that what its called?) Well you did til I ruined it by liking your post.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Mii said:
congratulations.
Thx, you'll be there soon too it looks like. I just realized you only joined in July, I feel like that's wrong, I could've sworn you were here since like winter.

A RANDOM OBSEVATION
I feel like the member are either a) 13-14 or b) adults. There is only one in between I can think of. (Cheesecake)
Edit: (My self also) Btw do you agree? Why is there this gap? Maybe bc later teens are busier?

AcornTheBetta

Mii said:
Just looks weird. That's all.

Prest12

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
A RANDOM OBSEVATION
I feel like the member are either a) 13-14 or b) adults. There is only one in between I can think of. (Cheesecake)
Edit: (My self also) Btw do you agree? Why is there this gap? Maybe bc later teens are busier?
I see in between people all the time, such as CosmoTheMolly, MaximumRide14, and... My memory doesn’t work when I need it, but they are here.

Basil

Prest12 said:
All the time. I either have bad dreams, or don’t dream at all. Never anything good. Every single night, for about a week, I dreamed that I walked up to my tank to find half my fish dead or dying.
Same here! Luckily, the bad dreams I do remember are few. And my tank dreams are of all my plants dying.
kanzekatores said:
I have to say that some of us got the wind knocked out of us. But we can persevere! And reminiscent of the old thread, I haven’t gotten any notification!

Prest12

It’s 4am

V1K

AcornTheBetta said:
Ok, by show of agrees, who thinks this new drop-down thing is annoying?
Not as much annoying as just... uninformative, because I'm unlikely to click it and will go around not knowing who I'm dealing with.

MaximumRide14

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Thx, you'll be there soon too it looks like. I just realized you only joined in July, I feel like that's wrong, I could've sworn you were here since like winter.

A RANDOM OBSEVATION
Prest12 said:
I see in between people all the time, such as CosmoTheMolly, MaximumRide14, and... My memory doesn’t work when I need it, but they are here.
Yep, I'm 16. However, I did just go from 8 tanks down to 2, so I definitely haven't been on as much as I'm used to. It's mostly bc I'd like to spend more time on work and school. However, I'm still around sometimes

V1K

Mii said:
do you ever have fish tank nightmares?
Tonight I had a dream I had 2 crucian carps in my tank, and I took one out to clip its claws (yep, it had claws like a cat, just a bit more flat). I looked away for a second and my cat took a big bite of its belly. I evaluated it's a lost cause and let the cat eat the rest, thinking that I'll need to go fishing to get a replacement. I guess my brain is trying to sort through cognitive dissonance of the role of fish in my life before the tank, when they were prey, and the role of fish now, when they are pets.

Then I had a dream I accidentally mentioned my fishtank in front of my mom (IRL I haven't told my parents about it because I'm a wuss, I'm 32 and still afraid of my mother's judgement on financial decisions ops. When she didn't react, I was like, my tank is in their yard, of course they knew. Then I went to it, and was surprised it looked kind of ugly, and then I was like, wait, I also have one in my flat, and THAT one is the beautiful one that my mom doesn't know about. Then I noticed that I have yet another tank beneath it, and it was WAY overstocked with something looking like pancake-sized stingrays, they were so out of space they were lying around in two layers. I thought I need to sell some ASAP. This one not as much scary as confusing.

MartinXIX

MaximumRide14 said:
Yep, I'm 16. However, I did just go from 8 tanks down to 2, so I definitely haven't been on as much as I'm used to. It's mostly bc I'd like to spend more time on work and school. However, I'm still around sometimes
Random question: Is your username inspired by the James Patterson books by chance?

MaximumRide14

MartinXIX said:
Random question: Is your username inspired by the James Patterson books by chance?
Hehe maybeeee, I made my Fishlore account when I was 13, and those books were my favorite book series at the time. I was tempted to change my user to Nataquatics because that's what I've been using to sell things on other platforms, but I've had MaximumRide14 for too long lol

Mii

V1K said:
Tonight I had a dream I had 2 crucian carps in my tank, and I took one out to clip its claws (yep, it had claws like a cat, just a bit more flat). I looked away for a second and my cat took a big bite of its belly. I evaluated it's a lost cause and let the cat eat the rest, thinking that I'll need to go fishing to get a replacement. I guess my brain is trying to sort through cognitive dissonance of the role of fish in my life before the tank, when they were prey, and the role of fish now, when they are pets.

Then I had a dream I accidentally mentioned my fishtank in front of my mom (IRL I haven't told my parents about it because I'm a wuss, I'm 32 and still afraid of my mother's judgement on financial decisions ops. When she didn't react, I was like, my tank is in their yard, of course they knew. Then I went to it, and was surprised it looked kind of ugly, and then I was like, wait, I also have one in my flat, and THAT one is the beautiful one that my mom doesn't know about. Then I noticed that I have yet another tank beneath it, and it was WAY overstocked with something looking like pancake-sized stingrays, they were so out of space they were lying around in two layers. I thought I need to sell some ASAP. This one not as much scary as confusing.
dreams. are. freaking. weird.
From ages 5-12 I had this recurring dream about falling down a laundry shoot. Yes, laundry shoot. A literally endless laundry shoot. At first it was terrifying, but after I got used to it, it was sort of peaceful. No idea why.

For me, fish are kind of both food and pets depending on what kind of fish. I don't really feel bad about it because when I eat a big fish, that big fish eats fish all the time, and was going to eat lots more little fish, so I'm not actually increasing the number of fish that die.

I've always had a very "like I care" approach to other people judging me, so I haven't encountered this problem.

V1K

Mii said:
For me, fish are kind of both food and pets depending on what kind of fish. I don't really feel bad about it because when I eat a big fish, that big fish eats fish all the time, and was going to eat lots more little fish, so I'm not actually increasing the number of fish that die.
It is a logical approach. E.g. I eat mammal meat, yet I have a pet cat which is also a mammal, not to mention that all my best friends and myself are mammals, and there's nothing weird about it. It just seems that my subconscious needs some time to catch up with that logic . In general I have a complicated emotional relationship with pets, because I grew up in a farm and my parents had this view of pets that they have to be convenient, and if they're not serving their purpose or get really sick or require too much care you just put them down, they're not worth the trouble. They're nice with animals that are healthy, pretty, and well behaved, but if that changes – RIP. So I've learned to detach myself, form this "oh well, they killed a cat again, whatever" coping mechanism. With fish that's kind of useful as they're more prone to dying. With my cat, the concept that can live up to 15 or even 20 years, and I can afford getting attached to him, seemed wild at first. I had dreams about my parents harming or mistreating him several times.

Sorry for going so dark here. But you know, therapy is too expensive.

Prest12

Mii said:
From ages 5-12 I had this recurring dream about falling down a laundry shoot. Yes, laundry shoot. A literally endless laundry shoot. At first it was terrifying, but after I got used to it, it was sort of peaceful. No idea why.
When I was around that age, I would always sleep facing the wall. Each time I had a dream, it was tarantulas crawling across said wall. Just endless tarantulas, so many that I couldn’t see the wall underneath, crawling from one side to the other. It never bothered me, but a lot of people were annoyed when I didn’t have any interesting dreams to share.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Ever since I can remember I've dreamed nearly ever night (very few exceptions). I don't always remember them super well, but usually I do, and then I choose to write them down or forget them. I even lucid dream when I put some effort into it. Usually they aren't nightmares, and when they are I have either one of two types
A) Insanely creepy horror show (What happens when I'm afraid in a dream and can't quell it, it just gets worse and worse. After all, who knows your deepest fears better than your own mind?)
B) A bit creepy, or just stressful (For example, insanely overstocked tanks that I can't fix, or just a creepy scene or character.)scene
But most of the time they are just neutral, or good. Ever had a good dream about fish? I had one that all of mine could swim through the air and communicate and my biggest goldfish was super sassy lol.

V1K

95% of my dreams are anxiety dreams, that aren't that scary, just highly uncomfortable, like toilets without doors, squeezing through tight entrances, going to an exam unprepared, you know, the classics. But once in a while I'd have some weird and interesting dream with impressive visuals, like some cosmic stuff going on in the sky (which is sometimes simultaneously scary), etc. And I sometimes lucid dream, but cannot control the circumstances of the dream, and they tend to be quite boring and mundane, except the first one ever, when I became aware I'm dreaming while being chased by zombies.

kanzekatores

I think im a rare dreamer because I remember my dreams almost every day and I dream in color. Apparently that's rare. Ive also learned to control them which is pretty fun

Mii

V1K said:
It is a logical approach. E.g. I eat mammal meat, yet I have a pet cat which is also a mammal, not to mention that all my best friends and myself are mammals, and there's nothing weird about it. It just seems that my subconscious needs some time to catch up with that logic . In general I have a complicated emotional relationship with pets, because I grew up in a farm and my parents had this view of pets that they have to be convenient, and if they're not serving their purpose or get really sick or require too much care you just put them down, they're not worth the trouble. They're nice with animals that are healthy, pretty, and well behaved, but if that changes – RIP. So I've learned to detach myself, form this "oh well, they killed a cat again, whatever" coping mechanism. With fish that's kind of useful as they're more prone to dying. With my cat, the concept that can live up to 15 or even 20 years, and I can afford getting attached to him, seemed wild at first. I had dreams about my parents harming or mistreating him several times.

Sorry for going so dark here. But you know, therapy is too expensive.
I don't want to offend you, but I really hate your parents. Honestly I was in charge it would be illegal to put down a healthy animal just because it's inconvenient, and I honestly think people should go to prison for doing that. that is absolutely horrible.

V1K

Mii said:
I don't want to offend you, but I really hate your parents. Honestly I was in charge it would be illegal to put down a healthy animal just because it's inconvenient, and I honestly think people should go to prison for doing that. that is absolutely horrible.
I'm pretty sure it is illegal (not prison-illegal but you'd get a fine), but in villages people rarely go to professionals for that sort of thing and do it discretely enough not to disturb the neighbours... Their view of animals are very utilitarian, and if a cat don't hunt and a dog don't bark, they're of no use. It's pretty messed up, and the most surprising part is that there were a couple of dogs that my mom legit loved and and was upset for a long time when they got hit by a car. That level of compartmentalization is so weird.

Kribensis27

kanzekatores said:
I think im a rare dreamer because I remember my dreams almost every day and I dream in color. Apparently that's rare. Ive also learned to control them which is pretty fun
Wait, dreaming in color is rare?

Mii

wait, you're telling me some people don't dream in color?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom