The bestest thread on fishlore. 2.0 - Page 6

Mii

Dippiedee said:
Well, its 5am again
Why u keep staying up till 5 am?

Prest12

AcornTheBetta said:
Sleet is the devil.
It’s super fun to slide on, but horrifying when it inevitably ends up in your shoe.

Basil

AcornTheBetta said:
Sleet is the devil.
Sleet is just a demon. Freezing rain is Satan himself!

V1K

Aesthetical advantage alone is significant enough to put snow way above rain. It snowed here for the first time this year yesterday evening. I don't know if there's anything left of it, haven't gotten out of bed yet.

Dippiedee

Mii said:
Why u keep staying up till 5 am?
I'm not staying up I have to wake up every 3 hours to feed the baby

Mii

Dippiedee said:
Another reason I don't plan on having kids when I grow up.

AcornTheBetta

Dippiedee said:
Ahh! Finally a good reason to wake up and check fishlore other than my go to reason of "Maybe someone PMed me or replied to my thread" lol

Dippiedee

AcornTheBetta said:
Ahh! Finally a good reason to wake up and check fishlore other than my go to reason of "Maybe someone PMed me or replied to my thread" lol
Browsing fishlore is the only thing that stops me falling asleep sitting upright lol

AcornTheBetta

Mii said:
Another reason I don't plan on having kids when I grow up.
Wouldn't exactly be your job unless the milk is bottled....

Mii

AcornTheBetta said:
Wouldn't exactly be your job unless the milk is bottled....
Yeah but I'd still have to change diapers and help out with all the other baby maintenance.

Coradee

Lucy said:
But BOOTS!!!!
And coats! I bought a coat last winter that feels like you’re wrapped up in your duvet & we had a mild winter. I Want Snow!!

Mii

Looks like the mods are just joining in on the fun, but am I the only person who thinks "oh no we're in trouble" when I get a notification that a mod replied to a thread I'm on?

Coradee

Mii said:
Looks like the mods are just joining in on the fun, but am I the only person who thinks "oh no we're in trouble" when I get a notification that a mod replied to a thread I'm on?
Guilty conscience much? Haha j/k we mods do have a sense of humour you know

V1K

Still snowing. The result so far is a bit underwhelming, but it's something!

Mii

V1K said:
Still snowing. The result so far is a bit underwhelming, but it's something!
I'm jealous. Wish it snowed around here

Prest12

It’s past 3am. I spent hours shampooing the carpet, and it looks just as gross as it did before.

Dippiedee

I wonder if you can report someone for being annoying...

Lucy

Dippiedee said:
I wonder if you can report someone for being annoying...
You could, but if rules aren't broken it'd be most likely be rejected. To many reports like that, then who becomes the annoying one.

Dippiedee

Have any of you ever worked out how much you've spent in total on the hobby?

Mii

Dippiedee said:
Have any of you ever worked out how much you've spent in total on the hobby?
I don't want to know.

Dippiedee

Its 12:30am and I'm sewing dinosaurs on to my jacket. Really living it up here in quarentine

Cowardlyslimeball

Dippiedee said:
Its 12:30am and I'm sewing dinosaurs on to my jacket. Really living it up here in quarentine
That must be a pretty cool jacket, do you have a picture by chance?

StarGirl

I gotta go dig up plants....Im procrastinating.

Dippiedee

Cowardlyslimeball said:
That must be a pretty cool jacket, do you have a picture by chance?

Cowardlyslimeball

Dippiedee said:
Wow I would kill for that jacket!! not killing you of course!!

Dippiedee

Cowardlyslimeball said:
Wow I would kill for that jacket!! not killing you of course!!
Jacket was £3 secondhand and I bleached the sleeves then the patches were all £2.30 each all off Ebay

Edit: sorry I do this thing where I don't know how to take a compliment about things I own so I panic and unnecessarily explain where it's from and what it cost even though nobody asked a simple thank you would probably have sufficed

Betta'sAnonymous

Dippiedee said:
"Party On, Garth!!"

Fae

Mii said:
Yeah but I'd still have to change diapers and help out with all the other baby maintenance.
Put this on a business card with your number and give it to ladies after you hit on them XD

Betta'sAnonymous

Fae said:
Put this on a business card with your number and give it to ladies after you hit on them XD
Also tell them you wash the dishes after a meal.

StarGirl

And make me a turkey pot pie!

Fae

I tried to buy some waterproof winter boots this weekend, but it's impossible to find ACTUAL waterproof winter boots aka made for the temperate rainforest >.< Well not cute ones anyways

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
And make me a turkey pot pie!
"No kitteh, this is my POT PIE!!!!!"

Dippiedee

Ladies and gentlemen its 5am again

Betta'sAnonymous

Had to deal with a firecracker of a person this morning at work. He was yelling, ranting and raving at me. Then he recognized me. Used to be married to my dad's cousin, kids are like my 2nd cousins or something. Started yelling at me, ended up inviring me over for a beer. Lol

Hugooo

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Had to deal with a firecracker of a person this morning at work. He was yelling, ranting and raving at me. Then he recognized me. Used to be married to my dad's cousin, kids are like my 2nd cousins or something. Started yelling at me, ended up inviring me over for a beer. Lol
What a small world

Betta'sAnonymous

Hugooo said:
What a small world
I knew he had property out here somewhere, didn't realize it was right around the corner lol! Has a big pond-like 50 or 100 acres, something like that-that i used to fish as a kid. Also realized he is usually the hunter i hear shooting put here.

Dippiedee

Partner is looking at ANOTHER 425 litre tank on ebay. Send professional help we clearly need it

Betta'sAnonymous

Dippiedee said:
Partner is looking at ANOTHER 425 litre tank on ebay. Send professional help we clearly need it
I don't see the issue here.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Kribensis27

I have a problem... I keep staying up until 3AM knowing COMPLETELY that I have to be up at 7AM for a school zoom meeting. Do I go to bed earlier? NO. Am I being irrational? YES. Do I plan to stop? NO WAY. Do I wish I could? YESSSSSS

Dippiedee

Ha join the tired club we have unlimited caffeine in multiple formats

Betta'sAnonymous

Quote of the year...from 11 yr old daughter, speaking about the 20 yr old daughters boyfriend: why doesn't she know he's a mooooore onnnnn?

Dippiedee

I'm just sayin'

Betta'sAnonymous

Arvil

Mii said:
i've spray-painted rc car bodies before but haven't made any super complex art with it. if i'm doing a 2-tone paintjob i use masking tape to mask off the parts you want to stay the first color before you put the second color, but i don't know how to really do artwork. i always just painted them outside with some newspapers or a cardboard box to stop the deck from getting painted.
Ooohhhh! Thought maybe you were gonna artwork that guy’s truck!

minervalong

julifhy said:
They would probably be like butterflies lol. Bettas are also pretty easy to train and I think they’ll stick around as long as you give them food hilarious
I love bettas. Bought myself a new 3g just for him by the sink. This one's name is Marly and he's an idiot. Stays hidden a lot, which I'm gonna fix when I get the big tank up and running. He doesn't even come when I give the "Munchies are here" tap. Used to have a crown tail that was brilliant though. He'd do loop the loops lol.

Mii

do you ever have fish tank nightmares? A couple nights ago I dreamed that I woke up and the water in my 20g planted was this murky brown, and I could only see a few inches into the tank. The only fish I could see was my favorite cory lying quite thoroughly dead up against the glass.

V1K

Yes. One time I dreamt that a friend of mine was also my roommate, and she took out my driftwood to clean it and killed all the moss on it; I was so angry I woke up hissing. Another time I dreamt my parents did something to my tank, again, woke up angry. This weekend I had nightmares both about my fish and my cat, because I went to visit my parents leaving my cat with a mysterious rash and a sick hillstream loach (it died today); cannot remember the details, but it was something about the fish getting sick and/or dying.

Interestingly enough, I had fish tank nightmares way before I considered getting one. I had a nightmare that I accidentally poured hot water into a fish tank, that placed a fish tank over a fireplace, etc. Killing live things by accident or by not taking good care of them was a frequent theme in my dreams, I'd even have dreams like that about babies.

TheFISH12

That reminds me of my reoccurring nightmares that my brothers will knock over my tank.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom