The bestest thread on fishlore. 2.0 - Page 4

Kribensis27

Ugh, I can’t stand those things. Hope it gets better soon.

Betta'sAnonymous

So i had a very "not nice person" moment a little earlier. Was at the laundromat doing laundry. We have a mask mandate in town since about july or so. Anyway, i was the only one wearing a mask in the laundromat, so i took it off, walked over to the people without masks, started coughing, then said "oh yeah, i tested positive for covid a couple days ago". Their faces were priceless!! I win again.

Yes, i was grumpy they thought they couldn't put a mask on for an hour after i spent 11 hrs with a mask on...8 of it with no break from the mask.

Hugooo

Betta'sAnonymous said:
So i had a very "not nice person" moment a little earlier. Was at the laundromat doing laundry. We have a mask mandate in town since about july or so. Anyway, i was the only one wearing a mask in the laundromat, so i took it off, walked over to the people without masks, started coughing, then said "oh yeah, i tested positive for covid a couple days ago". Their faces were priceless!! I win again.

Yes, i was grumpy they thought they couldn't put a mask on for an hour after i spent 11 hrs with a mask on...8 of it with no break from the mask.
I love that. But in all seriousness, thank you so much for wearing a mask, even if you are the only one wearing it. I'm on vacation right now in Florida from Illinois, and not everyone is wearing a mask here! We went to a grocery store, and they didn't even have a sign about wearing masks

Betta'sAnonymous

Doing water changes earlier, all i could thing while vaccing the gravel was "wow, they weren't joking, snails really DO poop a lot."

Pythia

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Doing water changes earlier, all i could thing while vaccing the gravel was "wow, they weren't joking, snails really DO poop a lot."
I can relate to that lol. When I do water changes, some of my snails' poo stick on the side of my aquarium and I have to scrub it off.

Kribensis27

Pythia said:
I can relate to that lol. When I do water changes, some of my snails' poo stick on the side of my aquarium and I have to scrub it off.
Ugh, I hate that. It happens every. single. water change.

Betta'sAnonymous

I am so far ahead of the Christmas game that not only do i have most presents already bought, i have some of them wrapped!

Pythia

Betta'sAnonymous said:
I am so far ahead of the Christmas game that not only do i have most presents already bought, i have some of them wrapped!
I received some Christmas gifts from my relatives only weeks ago lol, I was like: Um...isn't it a bit early?

AquaBaby

Betta'sAnonymous said:
I have everything purchased but nothing wrapped.

Pythia

AquaBaby said:
I have everything purchased but nothing wrapped.
I'm rubbish at wrapping gifts lol. Once I had to go through an entire roll of wrapping paper just to wrap a few gifts.

Betta'sAnonymous

What can i say...the tree was empty! Maybe they will scare this one off.

Pythia

I just noticed that PascalKrypt is on right now, I haven't seen her online in a while.

PascalKrypt

Pythia said:
I just noticed that PascalKrypt is on right now, I haven't seen her online in a while.
Hello! I've been on by proxy, haha.

Pythia

PascalKrypt said:
Hello! I've been on by proxy, haha.
Oh, ok! Sounds nice!

PascalKrypt

Pythia said:
Oh, ok! Sounds nice!
How have you been the last few months?

Pythia

PascalKrypt said:
How have you been the last few months?
Pretty good, although I have a stupid algae problem, you?
I'm going to be signing off for the night, goodbye!

Betta'sAnonymous

Enough wrapping for now. Looks like i will need more tape and wrapping paper though...good to know these things before last minute

Mii

Just got some red line rasboras! So far they seem kinda similar to tetras. Also their mouths get really big when they open them.

Pythia

Mii said:
Just got some red line rasboras! So far they seem kinda similar to tetras. Also their mouths get really big when they open them.
Cool! When I first saw juvenile harlequin rasboras, I actually thought they were some kind of tetra until I read the label lol.

Pythia

This thread is kind of quiet today.

Mii

PSA: If you have RC cars and value clean pants, don't stand behind then while driving in the mud.

Pythia

Mii said:
PSA: If you have RC cars and value clean pants, don't stand behind then while driving in the mud.
Yikes! That looks nasty. :nailbiting:

Mii

Pythia said:
Yikes! That looks nasty. :nailbiting:
This isn't even that bad. My bigger rc car just hurls globs of mud at you. This one just sprays you a bit.

PascalKrypt

Pythia said:
Pretty good, although I have a stupid algae problem, you?
I'm going to be signing off for the night, goodbye!
Oh, what's been bothering you there? BBA or just regular stuff?
We have algae plaguing one tank but it's due to strongly overpowered lighting, haha.

Pythia

PascalKrypt said:
We have algae plaguing one tank but it's due to strongly overpowered lighting, haha.
I have no idea, lol, I've tried everything, reducing the lighting, cutting the feeding diet, getting nerite snails, etc., but there's still a lot of algae. I think it's just regular stuff.

PascalKrypt

Pythia said:
I have no idea, lol, I've tried everything, reducing the lighting, cutting the feeding diet, getting nerite snails, etc., but there's still a lot of algae. I think it's just regular stuff.
Got a picture?

AcornTheBetta

Mii said:
LEG REVEAL!

Mii

AcornTheBetta said:
LEG REVEAL!
But I'm wearing slightly-too-big jeans and a sock so not really.

AllAboutAngelfish

Look whos getting a new 20 gallon ( THIS GUY )

Mii

AllAboutAngelfish said:
Look whos getting a new 20 gallon ( THIS GUY )
Why is your username "all about angelfish" but your profile picture is a ram?

julifhy

Betta'sAnonymous said:

This honestly made me laugh lol. I would of loved to see their expressions
On a more sad note though, my mom’s friend refused to wear a mask, was feeling sick, still decided it was a good idea to TRAVEL TO ANOTHER COUNTRY because her dad was having a major surgery and she wanted to be there for him. She also didn’t follow the 2 week quarantine (and she even showed off how she managed to avoid the 2 week quarantine... :facepalm
Now her family, including her dad who just had the surgery, all tested positive for Covid... Her dad’s in pretty bad condition and he can’t go to the hospital because if he does, he might not make it back...

PascalKrypt said:
I’ve got brown algae It was gone for a while, but came back and is now worse than before. I haven’t figured out what’s causing it yet

AllAboutAngelfish

Betta'sAnonymous

julifhy said:
This honestly made me laugh lol. I would of loved to see their expressions
On a more sad note though, my mom’s friend refused to wear a mask, was feeling sick, still decided it was a good idea to TRAVEL TO ANOTHER COUNTRY because her dad was having a major surgery and she wanted to be there for him. She also didn’t follow the 2 week quarantine (and she even showed off how she managed to avoid the 2 week quarantine... :facepalm
Now her family, including her dad who just had the surgery, all tested positive for Covid... Her dad’s in pretty bad condition and he can’t go to the hospital because if he does, he might not make it back...

I’ve got brown algae It was gone for a while, but came back and is now worse than before. I haven’t figured out what’s causing it yet
Algae? You mean food for snails?

Pythia

PascalKrypt said:
Got a picture?
No, sorry But pretty much, it's covering the bottom of the tank and parts of the side of the tanks, and the algae on the bottom is gets so long that it looks like seaweed sometimes.

PascalKrypt

Pythia said:
No, sorry But pretty much, it's covering the bottom of the tank and parts of the side of the tanks, and the algae on the bottom is gets so long that it looks like seaweed sometimes.
What kind of plants do you have in there? How strong is the light and how long do you have it on? Sounds like you might be overblowing it with either lights or nutrients, or both.

Pythia

PascalKrypt said:
What kind of plants do you have in there? How strong is the light and how long do you have it on? Sounds like you might be overblowing it with either lights or nutrients, or both.
I have the lights on for a bit more than 12 hours and for the plants, I used to have a kind of floating plant but now I don't have any, and I'm planning to get some mossballs and some other plants

julifhy

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Algae? You mean food for snails?
Yeah... pest snails
The snails eat the algae, the algae keeps growing, and the snails keep reproducing lol. I also have that weird slime growing on my driftwood again and my betta is lethargic now I have no idea what’s going on with my tank.

Betta'sAnonymous

Ventured out to the garage today to take a look at my 45g and formulate a prep plan. Think i am going to clean off the sides this weekend(old dried out algae) and put some water in the tank to double check for leaks and get the gravel a good vac again. Just need to go get a heater for it and start soaking driftwood. Getting closer to GO time!

Dippiedee

So is there a topic for this thread or does 'off topic' not exist here?

Betta'sAnonymous

Exactly.

Dippiedee

Hmm, so what happens when you reach well known; ceremony I assume? Submergable plaque?

Betta'sAnonymous

Total pomp & circumstance. Think military marching with swords and band and all that!

Kribensis27

Yay! 500th post!

Mii

Thawed out a cube of frozen bloodworms and split it among my 3 tanks and my fish's Thanksgiving dinner. I think they look and smell quite revolting, my fish think they're the best thing in the world.

Betta'sAnonymous

Mii

Basil

Mii said:
Are they rasbora borapetensis? I have them in a 40 b with dwarf chain loaches. My LFS calls them brilliant rasboras. I really like them.

Betta'sAnonymous

Just ordered me an Eheim jager 200w heater on a Black Friday sale...wasn't a huge discount, but hey...a decent heater for under $30?

Dippiedee

So its 2:30AM I wonder if I'll be allowed to sleep any time soon

Betta'sAnonymous

Dippiedee said:
So its 2:30AM I wonder if I'll be allowed to sleep any time soon
You're fun So i say NOOOOOOO!!!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom