The bestest thread on fishlore. 2.0 - Page 3

Betta'sAnonymous
It would seem from the stories i have been hearing, that my dad has been haunting his old house.

Rose of Sharon
Betta'sAnonymous said:
It would seem from the stories i have been hearing, that my dad has been haunting his old house.
Hi,
Very glad to see this thread....

What kind of stories? I am interested in the paranormal.

Betta'sAnonymous
Rose of Sharon said:
Hi,
Very glad to see this thread....

What kind of stories? I am interested in the paranormal.
Seems he randomly turns the kitchen or bedroom lights on randomly and then people hear laughing when they go to turn it off

erinw347
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Seems he randomly turns the kitchen or bedroom lights on randomly and then people hear laughing when they go to turn it off
My late cat definitely likes to hang out with me. Sometimes I see him on top of things in my house, or he will rub up against my leg when I’m not looking.

Rose of Sharon
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Wow....
I hope that these stories don't upset you. It's a very delicate subject for some.

Betta'sAnonymous
Rose of Sharon said:
Wow....
I hope that these stories don't upset you. It's a very delicate subject for some.
Not really. I wanna go see if he tries to contact me.

Rose of Sharon
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Not really. I wanna go see if he tries to contact me.
If you go, make sure to bring someone with you! And post the details...

Hugooo
Rose of Sharon said:
If you go, make sure to bring someone with you! And post the details...
That would be cool, but make sure to put a Trigger Warning (TW)!

AggressiveAquatics
Well since were talking about ghosts now at my old school my librarian randomly died at the school day. And my mom was in the PTA so sometimes we stayed late after school and one time she asked me to pick something up from the library and I was already creeped out because the lights were off in there and my school was an old hospital. So I went in there and then as I grabbed the papers from the printer and three books fell off the table randomly and I can’t tell you how fast I ran out of there and never went back lol. Maybe I should get an ouija board and go back. I’ll record it “Trying to contact my dead librarian gone wrong, she showed up “

Cowardlyslimeball
I'm rescaping my 40gal!
Rescaping and planting my 40gal!! | Cloudy Aquarium Water Forum | 478196

AquaticQueen said:
I guess this is a place for random thoughts? Here's my random thought: I have a sudden burst of motivation to learn French. Do any of you guys speak other languages?
I do, I am learning japanese, sign language (my sister is hard of hearing, which is really hard because of the masks, she can't lip read people) and of course fish language!

Betta'sAnonymous
My boss wants to sell me some of these. Think he said 163 babies.

FishBoy101
Betta'sAnonymous said:
My boss wants to sell me some of these. Think he said 163 babies.
If you have tank space maybe, boss discount?

Betta'sAnonymous
FishBoy101 said:
If you have tank space maybe, boss discount?
Price he told me was $5 each. Still debating on getting a 20 long while they still on sale.

NBettas83
I always let my notifications go for too long, now I have to look through 70.

Kribensis27
I’m switching one of my oldest and favorite swords to emersed growth. I’m gonna grow it in my dart frog vivarium so it has a chance to do both parts of its life cycle, aquatic and terrestrial.

AcornTheBetta
Kribensis27 said:
I’m switching one of my oldest and favorite swords to emersed growth. I’m gonna grow it in my dart frog vivarium so it has a chance to do both parts of its life cycle, aquatic and terrestrial.
Nice! Is it possible to grow aquatic plants in a medium such as sphagnum moss and keep it moist constantly and have success? I was going to try this with dwarf sag. I could just do a tray with the roots in substrate and the lower parts of the stem submerged and the rest emersed...

AcornTheBetta
Today I learned how to turn on alerts for a sub forum so how I get alerts when a new thread pops up in the subforums that I watch.

Kribensis27
AcornTheBetta said:
Nice! Is it possible to grow aquatic plants in a medium such as sphagnum moss and keep it moist constantly and have success? I was going to try this with dwarf sag. I could just do a tray with the roots in substrate and the lower parts of the stem submerged and the rest emersed...
It is for some. I have Java fern, bolbitis, anubias, and crypts growing on sphagnum right now and they’re doing great. I think for a sword, a better option would be to simply grow it in a pot with some sand or planted tank substrate and no drainage hole. That’s how I grow mine. Never let it dry out, and it’ll do great. Make sure that it’s always “muddy” or soggy in the pot.

AcornTheBetta
Kribensis27 said:
It is for some. I have Java fern, bolbitis, anubias, and crypts growing on sphagnum right now and they’re doing great. I think for a sword, a better option would be to simply grow it in a pot with some sand or planted tank substrate and no drainage hole. That’s how I grow mine. Never let it dry out, and it’ll do great. Make sure that it’s always “muddy” or soggy in the pot.
Which method would work best for Dwarf Sag? I would assume the sword one since that is what it most resembles IMO

Kribensis27
Yes, I would do dwarf sag with the sword method. I would go with the tray like you mentioned, and it would work great. You just gave me an idea to try dwarf sag as a vivarium carpet! That would look so cool!

AcornTheBetta
Kribensis27 said:
Yes, I would do dwarf sag with the sword method. I would go with the tray like you mentioned, and it would work great. You just gave me an idea to try dwarf sag as a vivarium carpet! That would look so cool!
Do you think it would work with a bit of water in it? I was going to do dirt, sand small layer of water, air.

Kribensis27
I think that the water would be necessary for proper humidity. Dwarf sag has thin leaves, and as such it would get brown tips easily from lack of humidity.

AcornTheBetta
Kribensis27 said:
I think that the water would be necessary for proper humidity. Dwarf sag has thin leaves, and as such it would get brown tips easily from lack of humidity.
Would a daily spray keep the leaves wet enough?

Kribensis27
Once established, yes, but for the first few months of new growth I would keep the small layer of water.

AcornTheBetta
Kribensis27 said:
Once established, yes, but for the first few months of new growth I would keep the small layer of water.
Will do since it will be transferring from submersed growth to emersed.

Betta'sAnonymous
Must have lost my mind today. Just spent 20 minutes looking for my coffee mig, which was sitting right in plain sight on the back of my truck.

Kribensis27
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Must have lost my mind today. Just spent 20 minutes looking for my coffee mig, which was sitting right in plain sight on the back of my truck.
I once spent a half hour looking for my phone, which was in my hand.

Rose of Sharon
I blame things like that on the masks that we have to wear...

Betta'sAnonymous
Rose of Sharon said:
I blame things like that on the masks that we have to wear...
I am typically outside and a couple hundred yards away from people at work so i usually don't have a mask on there. However, i do have a tendency to drink too much coffee.

AcornTheBetta
To all my fellow males out there, HAPPY MEN'S DAY!

Kribensis27
AcornTheBetta said:
To all my fellow males out there, HAPPY MEN'S DAY!
Wait I just looked that up and that’s a thing??

AcornTheBetta
Kribensis27 said:
Yeah. It is.
Screenshot 2020-11-19 142617.png

julifhy
Kribensis27 said:
Yup lol. My dad always jokes around on Women's day saying, "but what about Men's day??!" then he doesn't even know or care today is Men's day lol

Kribensis27
Well I am in fact male, so ok then.

AcornTheBetta
julifhy said:
Yup lol. My dad always jokes around on Women's day saying, "but what about Men's day??!" then he doesn't even know or care today is Men's day lol
You should let him know lol

julifhy
AcornTheBetta said:
You should let him know lol
I will lol

Also, happy men’s day!

Mii
Do gender-fluid people get to have men's day and woman's day?(I'm not gender-fluid I was just wondering)

SouthAmericanCichlids
Probably like marte gras (Probably butchered that) or pride month is when they celebrate.

Mii
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
Probably like marte gras (Probably butchered that) or pride month is when they celebrate.
If I was gender-fluid I would celebrate all of those because more excuses to party.

Kribensis27
Exactly

fishbreeeder
My male platy follows one girl not chasing her not mating her just being a friend! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THAT!?!? lol!

Mii
fishbreeeder said:
My male platy follows one girl not chasing her not mating her just being a friend! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THAT!?!? lol!
I don't have platies so no I have not seen that.

Betta'sAnonymous
fishbreeeder said:
Maybe he can't move fast enough so he has no choice

NBettas83
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Maybe he can't move fast enough so he has no choice
No, he got friendzoned.

Mii
Betta'sAnonymous
Maybe he will be the first male ever to escape that zone...

fishbreeeder
LOL! You are so funny

Betta'sAnonymous
Great...one kid with a nasty ear infection. Gonna be a FUN weekend.

NBettas83
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Great...one kid with a nasty ear infection. Gonna be a FUN weekend.
Those things suck.

Betta'sAnonymous
I know. Can't blame him one bit for being cranky the last couple of days. They drive me up-and through-a wall.

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom