The bestest thread on fishlore. 2.0 - Page 2

SouthAmericanCichlids

Just continued reading the first bestest thread on Fishlore, because I'm sick today. From page 55, and I got to 65, took me 2 hours so statistically it should take me another 18 more hours. Yeah!

Hugooo

I just noticed that there is a "Cool" emoji ! Thanks Mike !

AcornTheBetta

Hugooo said:
I just noticed that there is a "Cool" emoji ! Thanks Mike !

Basil

I now *totally* understand why y’all are so attached to your bettas. I’m completely in love with Eddie. Which also makes me completely paranoid that I’m going to do something wrong!

AcornTheBetta

Basil said:
I now *totally* understand why y’all are so attached to your bettas. I’m completely in love with Eddie. Which also makes me completely paranoid that I’m going to do something wrong!
My heart just died. I am never getting a long fin betta again. Imma always opt HMPK bettas. They are just stunning!

Basil

AcornTheBetta said:
My heart just died. I am never getting a long fin betta again. Imma always opt HMPK bettas. They are just stunning!
To me, the long fins just seam to have so many issues.
I consider it an “extreme” in breeding just like the really slopey and severely angled legs of the German Shepherd, and the extreme dished face of the Arabian horse. Extremes that are to the detriment of the animal make me angry and incredibly sad.

AcornTheBetta

Basil said:
To me, the long fins just seam to have so many issues.
I consider it an “extreme” in breeding just like the really slopey and severely angled legs of the German Shepherd, and the extreme dished face of the Arabian horse. Extremes that are to the detriment of the animal make me angry and incredibly sad.
Agreed. And HMPK have better colors like koi HMPK.

Mii

Basil said:
Wow that's a really good looking one.

AcornTheBetta said:
Did something happen to your longfin betta?

erinw347

I just realized guys, today is my 1 year anniversary of joining fishlore!!!

AcornTheBetta

erinw347 said:
I just realized guys, today is my 1 year anniversary of joining fishlore!!!
Lol. I need to see your plecos cuddle.

erinw347

AcornTheBetta said:
Lol. I need to see your plecos cuddle.
I promise I’ll try my best to get a pic

AcornTheBetta

erinw347 said:
I promise I’ll try my best to get a pic
Ok. Mii's patience is running out.

Mii

AcornTheBetta said:
Ok. Mii's patience is running out.
YES IT IS. I WANNA PIC OF CUDDLY PLECOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AquaticQueen

I've been pretty active lately. Is that a good thing? Lol.

AcornTheBetta

AquaticQueen said:

I've been pretty active lately. Is that a good thing? Lol.
Lol. I always have that happen to me.

cowplanet

So, back in August when I started this journey, my husband was somewhat upset that we were getting a 10-gallon tank instead of a fish in a bowl. A few days into cycling on the 10g, he said, "You know, we could get a bigger tank for Christmas or something."

He agreed to fish for our daughters' pets only if he had nothing to do with them. But our platies & minnows are fun to watch and they're charming him.

By mid-September, he agreed we could get a 20g in October. Last night after he installed extra support for the 20g long's spot in our built in, solid wood bookcase, he got out the measuring tape and said, "You know, we could go bigger. Taller."

Y'all, the man who wanted a fish in a bowl already has MTS. hilarious Or is it BTS? Bigger tank syndrome.

AcornTheBetta

cowplanet said:
So, back in August when I started this journey, my husband was somewhat upset that we were getting a 10-gallon tank instead of a fish in a bowl. A few days into cycling on the 10g, he said, "You know, we could get a bigger tank for Christmas or something."

He agreed to fish for our daughters' pets only if he had nothing to do with them. But our platies & minnows are fun to watch and they're charming him.

By mid-September, he agreed we could get a 20g in October. Last night after he installed extra support for the 20g long's spot in our built in, solid wood bookcase, he got out the measuring tape and said, "You know, we could go bigger. Taller."

Y'all, the man who wanted a fish in a bowl already has MTS. hilarious Or is it BTS? Bigger tank syndrome.
Lol. I wish my parents were like this. I think you husbands going to suggest a pond next.

erinw347

cowplanet said:

GET A 29!!

AcornTheBetta

Basil

AcornTheBetta said:
Agreed. Then go for a 55!
Expose him to canister filters AKA my favorite!
Forget the 55, just go to a 75. That’s what I did: 29, and then a 40, and then a 75. I then took the 29 down after I moved the fish to the 75
Hubby bought the 75 for my birthday.

cowplanet

We need to dub over that Howard Dean speech with these tank numbers!

I’m considering the 29/30, but I also don’t want to push the limits of our case, either. Lol @ the pond. Winterizing would stop him in his tracks, plus I bet the neighbor’s Houdini dog would eat them

ghostdawg

AcornTheBetta said:
Lol. I wish my parents were like this. I think you husbands going to suggest a pond next.
Or will suggest moving near a lake...

AcornTheBetta

ghostdawg said:
Or will suggest moving near a lake...
I mean, not a bad idea.

cowplanet

Already live a block from a lake It has mutant zebra mussels

erinw347

Random, but I feel like announcing the fact that the only reason I have an A in physical science is because I memorized the periodic table song 5 years ago for a talent show. Me as a ten year old really woke up and thought “yeah, my entire grade will be impressed with me and think I’m cool if I sing the PERIODIC TABLE in the talent show” but I suppose it pays off now. I forgot the rest of the song after like 89 though so i do need a refresh.

Prest12

erinw347 said:
Random, but I feel like announcing the fact that the only reason I have an A in physical science is because I memorized the periodic table song 5 years ago for a talent show. Me as a ten year old really woke up and thought “yeah, my entire grade will be impressed with me and think I’m cool if I sing the PERIODIC TABLE in the talent show” but I suppose it pays off now. I forgot the rest of the song after like 89 though so i do need a refresh.
Wow. You’re able to memorize useful things. That must be nice. 89 elements is certainly better than 89 digits of pi.

erinw347

Prest12 said:
Wow. You’re able to memorize useful things. That must be nice. 89 elements is certainly better than 89 digits of pi.
Oh if you don’t think I’ve memorized pi too. I can remember copious amounts of song lyrics but I cannot remember what I had for dinner last night. My brain is weird.

Prest12

erinw347 said:
Oh if you don’t think I’ve memorized pi too. I can remember copious amounts of song lyrics but I cannot remember what I had for dinner last night. My brain is weird.
In the exact same way, and now I’m going to spend the next few hours trying to figure out what I had for dinner. Thanks.

AcornTheBetta

Lol. You guys sound like one of my friends.

AquaticQueen

I guess this is a place for random thoughts? Here's my random thought: I have a sudden burst of motivation to learn French. Do any of you guys speak other languages?

erinw347

AquaticQueen said:
I guess this is a place for random thoughts? Here's my random thought: I have a sudden burst of motivation to learn French. Do any of you guys speak other languages?
I dont speak any other actual languages, but me and my sister have this thing where we can communicate strictly by humming.

AquaticQueen

erinw347 said:
I dont speak any other actual languages, but me and my sister have this thing where we can communicate strictly by humming.
Pretty cool.

Betta'sAnonymous

AquaticQueen said:
On the rare occasions i drink i tend to speak in English, German, Japanese, Spanish, Italian and southern redneck.

Prest12

AquaticQueen said:
I know a fair amount of German, and a few words in French. Learning new languages can be difficult, but it’s also super fun. It’s also amazing how much you see and hear, but ignore because it’s in another language. When you know the language, you start to notice and understand a lot more of what’s happening around you.

julifhy

AquaticQueen said:
Polish is my first language. I remember having to learn English in kindergarten and that I hated reading lol.
I'm currently learning Spanish. I really hope I'll be able to be fluent one day.

AcornTheBetta

AquaticQueen said:
I speak Mandarin and Italian.

erinw347

Not me citing everything from fishlore for a school project

Prest12

Pumpkin is starting to disintegrate in the water, but i really don’t want to get my arm wet to retrieve it.

erinw347

Prest12 said:
Pumpkin is starting to disintegrate in the water, but i really don’t want to get my arm wet to retrieve it.
I use nets to remove stuff. Dont fowl your water!

Prest12

erinw347 said:
I use nets to remove stuff. Dont fowl your water!
I ended up using tongs. The pumpkin fell apart everywhere, and I had to do a water change. So much for not getting wet.

Mii

I like airplanes. do you like airplanes? why or why not?

Betta'sAnonymous

Mii said:
I love airplanes. Used to fix them. Have flown all over the world on the planes i fixed. Haven't flown since i stopped working on them.

AcornTheBetta

Mii said:
Hate them. For some reason they make me sick and give me anxiety.

Prest12

Mii said:
I love them. Flying is amazing. Takeoff and landing are the best parts. Talking about it makes me want to fly on one right now, but I don’t have money or a place to go.

Hugooo

Prest12 said:
I love them. Flying is amazing. Takeoff and landing are the best parts. Talking about it makes me want to fly on one right now, but I don’t have money or a place to go.
Me too! I feel like I'm in another world. And I'm going on vacation to Florida soon!

Prest12

Anyone doing anything exciting? I’m watching glue dry on a new piece of driftwood.

AcornTheBetta

Prest12 said:
Anyone doing anything exciting? I’m watching glue dry on a new piece of driftwood.
I'm watching CNN election coverage so no.

Betta'sAnonymous

Chappelle Show is now streaming on HBOMax, so watching that.

Greenfungaloo

I havent been on here in too long and saw the old thread closed!!! Thank you for starting this!!!

Betta'sAnonymous

What a spit show at work today. Concrete trucks are blocking my traffic so now i get to play traffic cop on top of my other duties.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom