The bestest thread on fishlore. 2.0 - Page 10

Prest12

AcornTheBetta said:
What'd you guys have for dinner? I had nachos!
Nothing! I tend to forget food is a thing. I had nachos for dinner last night (at 5:30am).

AcornTheBetta

Prest12 said:
Nothing! I tend to forget food is a thing. I had nachos for dinner last night (at 5:30am).
Lol. 5:30 AM?! That's my bed time!

V1K

AcornTheBetta said:
What'd you guys have for dinner? I had nachos!
I had spagetti a la putanesca. Somehow it wasn't as delicious as previous times I cooked it, I think there was something off about the olives.

AcornTheBetta

V1K said:
I had spagetti a la putanesca. Somehow it wasn't as delicious as previous times I cooked it, I think there was something off about the olives.
Yummy!

Prest12

AcornTheBetta said:
Lol. 5:30 AM?! That's my bed time!
I usually remember food sometime in the middle of the night. I’m starting to lose weight from eating so little. If I have to make food at 5am to stay alive, so be it.

V1K

Prest12 said:
I usually remember food sometime in the middle of the night. I’m starting to lose weight from eating so little. If I have to make food at 5am to stay alive, so be it.
Wow, your schedule is a mess. Why are you even awake at 5 am? Is everything all right?

Prest12

V1K said:
Wow, your schedule is a mess. Why are you even awake at 5 am? Is everything all right?
I’ve never been able to keep a schedule. I go to sleep when it happens. All my life, people have told me to just lay down, close my eyes, I’ll be asleep in a few minutes if I really try. Well, I can lay down for hours and nothing happens. It doesn’t bother me though. I quite like the quiet of night, and the lack of sleep doesn’t seem to have any negative effects unless it goes on for a long time. As for everything being okay, I honestly have no idea.

V1K

Today's dinner was highly satisfying, I randomly remembered a recipe from university times, that's just fried potatoes with a small chopped onion, tomato sauce, good pinch of chilli pepper and a handful of grated cheese. It was perfect. I'm in bliss.

Quiche

Hey, check out today's featured Wikipedia article ;)

julifhy

Quiche said:
Hey, check out today's featured Wikipedia article ;)
Pacific blue eye rainbowfish! I didn't know they were native to Australia!
Rainbow fish are definitely a fish I really want to own some day

AcornTheBetta

I got a COVID test today! Let's hope I'm negative!

StarGirl

AcornTheBetta said:
How was it?

minervalong

AcornTheBetta said:
Did they, as my hubs and dau. said, stab your brain?

Betta'sAnonymous

minervalong said:
Acorn may be safe from having his brain stabbed the same as me....gotta have the brain TO stab!

AcornTheBetta

StarGirl said:
How was it?
It was good! I highly doubt I have it...
minervalong said:
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Acorn may be safe from having his brain stabbed the same as me....gotta have the brain TO stab!
Lol. I didn't get a brain stab. I got the mouth swab one.

Betta'sAnonymous

AcornTheBetta said:

Not even sure if they offer the anything other than the mouth swab under a certain age. I ha e had a lot of contact-less screenings, no testings. But i am the only one that leaves the house in my family and keep most of my contact with others to outdoors and 30 secs or less. My job has always been set up PERFECT for a pandemic!!

Kribensis27

Oh yeah, I got a COVID test a while ago too. My sisters made it sound way worse than it was (we were all tested on different days). They didn’t stick it too far up, and it didn’t last very long at all. Honestly, I forgot about it in like an hour. I got the brain stab.

AcornTheBetta

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Not even sure if they offer the anything other than the mouth swab under a certain age. I ha e had a lot of contact-less screenings, no testings. But i am the only one that leaves the house in my family and keep most of my contact with others to outdoors and 30 secs or less. My job has always been set up PERFECT for a pandemic!!
Hmm. I think they do I just go to the mouth swab place.

Betta'sAnonymous

Kribensis27 said:
Oh yeah, I got a COVID test a while ago too. My sisters made it sound way worse than it was (we were all tested on different days). They didn’t stick it too far up, and it didn’t last very long at all. Honestly, I forgot about it in like an hour.
Apparently your doctors aren't sadists like mine...

AcornTheBetta

Kribensis27 said:
Oh yeah, I got a COVID test a while ago too. My sisters made it sound way worse than it was (we were all tested on different days). They didn’t stick it too far up, and it didn’t last very long at all. Honestly, I forgot about it in like an hour. I got the brain stab.
Did u get the results?

Kribensis27

AcornTheBetta said:
Did u get the results?
Yeah, it was a while ago. COVID free!

Betta'sAnonymous

Free COVID? Where?

SouthAmericanCichlids

minervalong said:
My mom calls it the brain digger lol!
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Not even sure if they offer the anything other than the mouth swab under a certain age.
Nah, I know people who are pretty young and get the brain digger.

Prest12

AcornTheBetta

Pythia

I just got this beauty Recently (he's called Dionysus):

Dionysus.jpg

Kribensis27

Pythia said:
I just got this beauty Recently (he's called Dionysus):

Dionysus.jpg
Nice! are the black fin edges natural? I would think it was fin rot, but I don't see any ragged parts. If it's not fin rot, they look amazing!

Pythia

It's not fin rot lol, I think it's natural. Either that, or he's had fin rot before but he got cured.

erinw347

I was using a medicine dropper in my fry tank today. My mom was like “wow, that’s really smart! Did you learn that from somewhere?” Oh boy lemme tell you about my fishlore friends.

AcornTheBetta

erinw347 said:
I was using a medicine dropper in my fry tank today. My mom was like “wow, that’s really smart! Did you learn that from somewhere?” Oh boy lemme tell you about my fishlore friends.
The internet weirdos who know more about fish than they do about themselves.

erinw347

AcornTheBetta said:
The internet weirdos who know more about fish than they do about themselves.
“What do I do for fun? *brain shuts down* ....fish?”

AcornTheBetta

erinw347 said:
“What do I do for fun? *brain shuts down* ....fish?”
Sounds about right...

Kribensis27

Pretty much

SeaMonkey06

AcornTheBetta said:

I was unfortunate enough to get "the brain stab one" :confused: Wasn't too bad after though, I think it's the over thinking that makes it worse.

Also not fish related but today I got my hands on some succulents that I repotted and they're beautiful

AcornTheBetta

SeaMonkey06 said:
I was unfortunate enough to get "the brain stab one" :confused: Wasn't too bad after though, I think it's the over thinking that makes it worse.

Also not fish related but today I got my hands on some succulents that I repotted and they're beautiful
Yeah. Overthinking makes everything worse. BTW, I am negative for COVID! YAY!

Nice! I'm propagating some of mine...

Kribensis27

SeaMonkey06 said:
What types?

SeaMonkey06

Kribensis27 said:
What types?
Huernia zebrina, sedum dendroideum and sedum rupestre

goldface

Whatever happened to our Dear Leader, David? Did he finally meet someone? I hope so.

AcornTheBetta

goldface said:
Whatever happened to our Dear Leader, David? Did he finally meet someone? I hope so.
I just asked him...

StarGirl

goldface said:
....... :cool: He still has his girl Heather.

bettalover101

Mii said:
do you ever have fish tank nightmares? A couple nights ago I dreamed that I woke up and the water in my 20g planted was this murky brown, and I could only see a few inches into the tank. The only fish I could see was my favorite cory lying quite thoroughly dead up against the glass.
i dreamed about when i didnt see me fish for the whole weekend and wehen i checked on them during the weekdays my betta was floating and my corys were upside down floating so all my fish were dead happy that dream didnt come true.
Mii said:
wait, you're telling me some people don't dream in color?
i dream in color all the time.

Mii

I used to immediately off the game music and play my own music whenever I played video games, but I now think that it's important to give the in game soundtrack a chance before you turn it off. I still turn off the game music more than half the time, after I've heard it and decided I didn't like it. But I've also found some great music that I would have never found if it wasn't in the game.

Kribensis27

Mii said:
I used to immediately off the game music and play my own music whenever I played video games, but I now think that it's important to give the in game soundtrack a chance before you turn it off. I still turn off the game music more than half the time, after I've heard it and decided I didn't like it. But I've also found some great music that I would have never found if it wasn't in the game.
Minecraft music hit different tho

Prest12

First decent snail picture! Of course it had to choose one of my worst looking plants to hang out on.
FAB19E2D-5E32-4913-BBCB-66AF25B4000E.jpeg

cowplanet

Rather annoyed. Today I was supposed to be WFH, so I had planned to sneak our 10gal out of storage and set it up, because I want more fishies but the 20 gal is stocked enough. Ask forgiveness from hubs later. But my on-duty staff member called in with car troubles, so I guess that’s out the door. I fell in love with some blue guppies at the store yesterday while grabbing some plants, so obviously I need them.

Sigh. I refuse to interpret this as a sign from the universe.

V1K

cowplanet said:
Sigh. I refuse to interpret this as a sign from the universe.
Definitely not a sign. It's just challenging you to prove you want them bad enough. Just like it challenged me when I went to an LFS on their day off and got stuck in their driveway a couple of days ago. All this hardship is to prove we're worthy .

AcornTheBetta

Yay I turn 14 tomorrow!

Betta'sAnonymous

AcornTheBetta

Kribensis27

AcornTheBetta said:
Yay I turn 14 tomorrow!
Yay, time to join the cult!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests