The bestest thread on fishlore. 2.0

AcornTheBetta

Yay! The bestest thread is back! Just don't discuss bans and start a new one when this thread gets too long!

Hugooo

Thank you so much for starting this! I'd say at about 50 pages, we start a new thread, and title it, "The bestest thread on fishlore. 2.1" That way we have a good name every time (2.2, 2.3, etc.) and it doesn't get complicated.

Always keep in mind that these threads are accessible by anyone in the world. But other than that... let's get to it!

AcornTheBetta

Hugooo said:
Thank you so much for starting this! I'd say at about 50 pages, we start a new thread, and title it, "The bestest thread on fishlore. 2.1" That way we have a good name every time (2.2, 2.3, etc.) and it doesn't get complicated.

Always keep in mind that these threads are accessible by anyone in the world. But other than that... let's get to it!
Yeah 50 is the max.

FishBoy101

50 pages later.......

AquaticQueen

Thanks for starting this AcornTheBetta! I missed the Bestest thread on Fishlore (1.0) even though I didn't participate in it much, I still enjoyed reading other members' posts.
The plan to start a new thread at 50 pages sounds great!

AcornTheBetta

AquaticQueen said:
Thanks for starting this AcornTheBetta! I missed the Bestest thread on Fishlore (1.0) even though I didn't participate in it much, I still enjoyed reading other members' posts.
The plan to start a new thread at 50 pages sounds great!
Your welcome! Now let's get this party started. Whos getting new tank(s) soon? I know I am

NBettas83

I want to, but space is an issue. (I haven't used the FL emojis in like months wow)

Hugooo

I actually am! I'm planning for a 20 long, and it is super exciting so far!

AquaticQueen

I plan to set up 2 or 3 in the next 4-5 months when I start my betta breeding project. They'll all be breeding tanks so nothing fancy, but they're still tanks.

AcornTheBetta

AquaticQueen said:
I plan to set up 2 or 3 in the next 4-5 months when I start my betta breeding project. They'll all be breeding tanks so nothing fancy, but they're still tanks.
Im going to start breeding sterbai corys. soooooooo excited

Hugooo

AquaticQueen said:
AcornTheBetta said:
Im going to start breeding sterbai corys. soooooooo excited
Woah, cool! You guys are definitely gonna have to make threads for me to see your progress.

Basil

AcornTheBetta said:
Your welcome! Now let's get this party started. Whos getting new tank(s) soon? I know I am
Setting up the new 10 g for my betta who is being shipped in 9 days! Yikes! Better get moving.

AcornTheBetta

Basil said:
Setting up the new 10 g for my betta who is being shipped in 9 days! Yikes! Better get moving.
I'd say! Lol what does he/she look like?

Basil

AcornTheBetta said:
I'd say! Lol what does he/she look like?
Should be this boy from philam. I’m very excited. My first betta.
ETA I’ll start a thread later in tank builds so y’all can help me set up the perfect betta tank.

julifhy

Soooo the guinea pig I adopted 3 weeks ago is definitely not a month and half old and she's pregnant! I can feel the baby guinea pigs kicking in her stomach lol. I was definitely not prepared for this though She's most likely going to give birth next week since I can hear the baby's (or babies' :eek teeth gnashing!

AcornTheBetta

julifhy said:
Soooo the guinea pig I adopted 3 weeks ago is definitely not a month and half old and she's pregnant! I can feel the baby guinea pigs kicking in her stomach lol. I was definitely not prepared for this though She's most likely going to give birth next week since I can hear the baby's (or babies' :eek teeth gnashing!
Hmmm. That's cute/cool. Are you prepared to have them? Pics plz.

julifhy

AcornTheBetta said:
Hmmm. That's cute/cool. Are you prepared to have them? Pics plz.
Yeah I guess I am technically prepared. I was not expecting it though lol. She doesn’t look that pregnant, but she definitely is.

The first picture is from yesterday and the second one is from just now.
The pups are definitely going to be adorable though

AcornTheBetta

julifhy said:
Yeah I guess I am technically prepared. I was not expecting it though lol. She doesn’t look that pregnant, but she definitely is.

Yes I will require many pictures.

Just why Petco, why?

Hugooo

AcornTheBetta said:
Just why Petco, why?
Ikr, yet they have fish that are 2x smaller than bettas and say they need 10 gallons minimum. The higher temp is actually good, but... the lower temp is really bad.

AcornTheBetta

Hugooo said:
Ikr, yet they have fish that are 2x smaller than bettas and say they need 10 gallons minimum. The higher temp is actually good, but... the lower temp is really bad.
As you said, Exhibit A:
EDIT: Mod remove photo, says that guppies need at least a 20g.

Hugooo said:
The life span is also half what it should be (5 years). Ok. Not half but you get the point. Yeah the bottom temp is um..... yeah

NBettas83

Hello, I don't have anything to say, but I need notifications.

AcornTheBetta

NBettas83 said:
Hello, I don't have anything to say, but I need notifications.
Lol. My Nerite is on a leaf of my anubias which is a could 8 inches off the floor of the tank. He might fall lol

NBettas83

AcornTheBetta said:
Lol. My Nerite is on a leaf of my anubias which is a could 8 inches off the floor of the tank. He might fall lol
Welcome to the Nerite life.

AcornTheBetta

NBettas83

AcornTheBetta said:
That as sure as day is a Nerite snail, reckless behaviour and all.

AcornTheBetta

NBettas83 said:
That as sure as day is a Nerite snail, reckless behaviour and all.
Lol. Every second he gets closer and closer to the edge.

Cheesecake

Remember the days of the great Fishlore elections? LOL that was so much fun.

Mii

i have nothing to say but need notifications

AcornTheBetta

Mii said:
i have nothing to say but need notifications
Lol. I need 29g scape ideas:

Also, can you use the dry start method on midground and background plants like java fern and crypt wentii?

Prest12

The only family member who really cares about the fish.

julifhy

julifhy said:

She gave birth to 2 female pups earlier this morning. Unfortunately, both of them didn’t make it. I don’t think Coco realized she was pregnant. She killed both pups
My dad found them when he was giving Coco food. I decided to name them Mocha and Mochi. R.I.P.

Edit:
She didn’t kill them. They were most likely stillborn. She would of been such a good mom Even though they most likely died during birth, she still cleaned them

GouramisAreSuperior

Random thing: What if bettas could fly and live just as long as us? I think it would be really fun, though I would constantly be scared my bettas would just leave.

julifhy

GouramisAreSuperior said:
Random thing: What if bettas could fly and live just as long as us? I think it would be really fun, though I would constantly be scared my bettas would just leave.
They would probably be like butterflies lol. Bettas are also pretty easy to train and I think they’ll stick around as long as you give them food hilarious

AcornTheBetta

julifhy said:
They would probably be like butterflies lol. Bettas are also pretty easy to train and I think they’ll stick around as long as you give them food hilarious
Lol. So true.

FishGirl115

back to who's getting new tank... I'm setting up a 29g!

AcornTheBetta

FishGirl115 said:
back to who's getting new tank... I'm setting up a 29g!
Same. What r u using for a stand?

FishGirl115

AcornTheBetta said:
Same. What r u using for a stand?
Just a random table we had sitting around.

opalEssence

I also use tables for all of my aquariums. Its over my budjet to buy any stands

anyone here know about aqueon filters that stay in the aquarium? Im thinking of getting some of those because they don't have a risk of overflowing and stuff

FinalFins

Hmm. One year on fishlore. Can't exactly say im proud of my 6k posts.

Mhamilton0911

opalEssence said:
I also use tables for all of my aquariums. Its over my budjet to buy any stands

anyone here know about aqueon filters that stay in the aquarium? Im thinking of getting some of those because they don't have a risk of overflowing and stuff

bah, they do still overflow. I thought I was safe, but the filter clogged and overflowed while I wasn't home, backing up over the cord and flowing down. I lost only about a 1/2" of water from a 10 gallon, but on my floor it looked disastrous, and ruined the wood stand.

Hugooo

FinalFins said:
Congrats! I remember I used to be so jealous of you because you joined a month later than me but you posted so much more than me and you were super professional and stuff... here I am, two posts away from being a Well Known Member!

FinalFins

Hugooo said:
Congrats! I remember I used to be so jealous of you because you joined a month later than me but you posted so much more than me and you were super professional and stuff... here I am, two posts away from being a Well Known Member!
Eh, dont be jealous. All 6k posts mean is that I have no life

Prest12

FinalFins said:
Wow. I’ve been here almost two years, and I’m just over 150 posts. Sad thing is, I’m much more social on here than in person.

I guess these threads don’t count, so I have a few more than I thought. I’m sure it’s still not many.

AcornTheBetta

FinalFins said:
Eh, dont be jealous. All 6k posts mean is that I have no life
Same lol. I've been here since April and I have 1k posts and like 0 reactions

Mii

the other day when i was in a crosswalk this guy with a truck drove really close to me and leaned on the horn for no reason at all. wasn't trying to hit me, just had to make sure me and my mom knew he could. what a jerk

AcornTheBetta

Mii said:
the other day when i was in a crosswalk this guy with a truck drove really close to me and leaned on the horn for no reason at all. wasn't trying to hit me, just had to make sure me and my mom knew he could. what a jerk
Just, I am quoting my mom here lol "Take the high road" No pun intended.

Mii

AcornTheBetta said:
Just, I am quoting my mom here lol "Take the high road" No pun intended.
wouldn't be surprised if the trucker was high on something.

AcornTheBetta

Mii said:
wouldn't be surprised if the trucker was high on something.
Lol. Maybe. You never know. When I was going to the LFS this idiot decided he was in the wrong lane right when the light turned and he tried to merge with the lane next to use. The only problem was that we were on a very busy street and now me and my dad are stuck behind this idiot with a whole line of cars behind us trying to merge onto a super busy street.

Does anyone do spray paint art? If so could you recommend some supplies and a good setup? Also, what do you think a reasonable price for spray paint art is? Thanks! Lol I feel like I'm just talking to no one.

julifhy

AcornTheBetta said:
Lol. Maybe. You never know. When I was going to the LFS this idiot decided he was in the wrong lane right when the light turned and he tried to merge with the lane next to use. The only problem was that we were on a very busy street and now me and my dad are stuck behind this idiot with a whole line of cars behind us trying to merge onto a super busy street.

Does anyone do spray paint art? If so could you recommend some supplies and a good setup? Also, what do you think a reasonable price for spray paint art is? Thanks! Lol I feel like I'm just talking to no one.
I’ve spray painted things before, but I’ve never really made art with it. I usually get the spray paint from Walmart, but Micheals has a bigger color selection.

Mii

AcornTheBetta said:

i've spray-painted rc car bodies before but haven't made any super complex art with it. if i'm doing a 2-tone paintjob i use masking tape to mask off the parts you want to stay the first color before you put the second color, but i don't know how to really do artwork. i always just painted them outside with some newspapers or a cardboard box to stop the deck from getting painted.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom