40 Gallon Tank The Best Way To Introduce Fresh Veggies To My Fish

Smallfish

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I wanted to start I using fresh veggies to feed my fish and snails I have a pleco to and I know they love it. I have goumris a blue ram couple of neon tetras and 3 guppies. Just wonder if I need to blanch them and the best way to sucure them in the tank

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I buy a frozen bag of zucchinI and every few days I take about 10 pieces put it in a cup and run it under hot water till they sink and drop them in then 24-36 hours later I remove it if there is any as to not foul the water. There are other veggies you can offer but all my fish snails and shrimps like zucchini. It may take a couple tries for them to realize it’s food. Good luck!!
Edit: Most plecos like driftwood Incase you don’t have any in there already

OP
Smallfish

Smallfish

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
kallililly1973 said:
I buy a frozen bag of zucchinI and every few days I take about 10 pieces put it in a cup and run it under hot water till they sink and drop them in then 24-36 hours later I remove it if there is any as to not foul the water. There are other veggies you can offer but all my fish snails and shrimps like zucchini. It may take a couple tries for them to realize it’s food. Good luck!!
Edit: Most plecos like driftwood Incase you don’t have any in there already
Yea I have a piece of driftwood in there fir my pleco thank you for the advice

New Threads