The best Marine tank already set up?

1. kymmy1 Initiate Member

Hello, I was wondering what the best marine tank is to buy that's already set up?
    I've been looking at Cleair, Juwel and Red Sea Reefers. The only thing I don't like about the Reefers is that they have no hood, the Cleair don't have much width and the edges are covered with thick black support (takes view away from tank), and the Jewel ones I'm not sure are the best for Marine? What's the best one to purchase? Any others I've missed? Personal opinions?

2. Slug Well Known Member Member

By already set up what exactly do you mean? Like an all in one tank where the filtration is attached and ready to use?

3. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

If you're talking all-in-one units, I'd seriously consider the Red Sea Max. The S series looks really well done, I haven't seen the others (E series, Reefer). All of the powerheads are rated adequately, the skimmer is suitable, the lighting appropriate for all types of coral. The sump is well configured, the cabinet well laid out, with separate area for chiller.

They did a really good job on the S series.

4. kymmy1 Initiate Member

Yea slug filter, heater lights ect.

Ryanr- yeah but they have no hood but they do sound amazing

5. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

That's actually a good thing... Helps the heat from the lights escape, without heating your tank ;)