The BEST Fish Store in America

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think Aquarium Adventure is the best fish store in America. Not only do they have a variety fish species and tank sizes, stands, all kinds of equipment ..., but they also have fish species sorted according to the region from which they come (isn't that cool?). They have marine and freshwater aquaria sorted separately as well. And what's absolutely best for me: they have the majority of aquatic plants (!!!) as well as anything a planted tank would ever need. I haven't gone to that store yet; all that I talk about comes from reading their website. They are located in very few places and I must say that I am very lucky to have the store quite near me. I think, before I buy anything online for my 75 gallon tank, I'll check Aquarium Adventure as well. Even if they won't have cheaper prices than products online, I won't have to pay for shipping when I buy locally - and I'd have to spend A LOT of money on shipping alone if I were buying online (especially for the shipping of plants and nutrient-rich substrate). Not to mention how careful one has to be with plants when they're shipped a long way off - too risky.

Here is the link to the website: https://www.aquariumadventure.com/index.htm. I think anyone who has this store nearby and who is a serious aquarist, absolutely SHOULD check this store out! I'm definitely going there! Just read their website and you'll know they're good. It's only enough that they DO promote cycling a tank to know they're a responsible and ethical fish store. It's rare for any local pet shop / fish store to tell you that you need to cycle the tank first before buying any fish.

LOL ... going to this fish store must be, for a crazed aquarist with MTS (myself included, lol), something like going to Six Flags (the Great Adventure rollercoaster park - anybody every been there? I love it ).

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Tell me if it'd be worth an hour and a half drive! ;D

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'v been there and so has fish r friend. If you search it you'l probably come up to a topic where we talked about it last spring. It's an amazing store. Largest tank they sold was 280 gallons for 2000$ I think. They had tons of equipment with many brands. One whole wall was full of different size tanks and hoods and then they have rows of tank stands and hoods together. They had 15 or more display tanks with so many different types of fish. They had a fair amount of plants too and the fish where grouped by livebearers, cichlids etc. The staff is very knowledgable too. Like you said there prices are high but it would probably be cheaper than buying online and it would be worth the drive Marc and if you go to one of the one's in Ohio then fish r friend or I could tell you about them because we both have been to one of them. They don't have as many fish as you would think but they keep them well maintained and in compatibility together so there's no aggresion. They even had a specific brackish section though rather small. I bet if you are going to decorate a 75 gallon then they would probably order stuff for you too Isabella if they didn't have something you needed. The staff again is very friendly my aunt and I talked to various staff and she happened to be sorta friends with one because he got fired for complaining about staff from a store abusing an animal so he went there and he said it's much better. They don't have everything but they have a LOT more than any normal store except one other by me. Any questions feel free to ask them. It's a GREAT STORE you can spend hours there looking at stuff even equipment, they have buying guides to those too so people can buy the proper things.

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
its well worth the drive marc just yesterday i picked up some drift wood for 2.88 they have morefreash water than salt and bracash but they are still awsome

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Marc, as far as I remember you're in CT, right? If you decide to take that long a drive, I DO hope it will be worthwile for you. I'll let you know how the store is after I've gone there. It must be pretty close to me because their zip code is not much different from mine. I am guessing they're around a 15 minute drive away from me, lol. I'm surprised I never saw this store and I must have driven close to it many many times.

If you decide to drive, choose a day and a time of day during which there is no traffic. I go to CT every once in a while, and when there is no traffic between CT and NY, it doesn't really take that long. But ... if there is traffic, be prepared for a much longer drive than 1.5 hrs. Also, choose a time when there'll be no traffic on LIE (Long Island Expressway) - this highway can be a real pain in the .... especially during morning and after-work rush hours ... just so you know!

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I joined an aquarium society on Long Island, so if I went to a meeting I could stop there first.

Please tell me how it is! I'm especially interested in the brackish section; specifically some of the smaller fish (that stay smaller) as inhabitants for my 15 gallon.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom