The Beginning of Fishlore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elodea, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

I mean, how did it all begin? Did Mike just get an idea of a fish forum and start it, or was it a group of people? How did you get people to go onto the forum? Does anyone have a history of Fishlore?

2. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  3. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Nice info there....MIKE is the man!!!

4. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Round of Applause for Mike

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks for making the site

CB

5. B

Borisbbadd Guest

+ 1 :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Many Thanks !!!

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Nice research, CB! I never knew that was here.

Once again Mike, we thank you and feel truly blessed to have found this forum:;hug2 Without you, none of this would be possible.

Another big thank you to all of the mods! You all do a fabulous job and we appreciate it very much:;hug2

7. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Good Work CB I've never seen that page before I don't think.
    Group hug to Mike for having the vision (and tech skills) to set up the site and keep it going.
    Yeah let's give the Mods a group hug too, just for being their awesome selves.

8. m

mcurtissdsu Well Known Member Member

I'm SO thankful for Fishlore! I knew NOTHING about this hobby when my boyfriend bought me a 10 gallon tank and some fish for Christmas. I've had some losses along the way but I honestly believe all of my fish would have died by now if I had never found this site.

9. FishVixen

FishVixen Valued Member Member

Mike rocks :;rocker great info on the moderator also lets not forget them. Thanks to all that oversee this great forum called FishLore. I can't forget all the wonderful members also. Everyone has been a great help.

10. w

wonton55912 Valued Member Member

mike is cool

11. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

Great research!!!!! I never knew that was there....Thanks Mike for all u do!!!!!! And thanks to all the Mods...

12. s

shadow2 Valued Member Member

As a newbie here, throwing in my 2 cents, everyone has made me feel welcome here and even tho i did my research, questions popped up and all I did was do a google search on your site and found most of my questions solved. A little frustrating getting the water levels correct. My ammonia went up a lot and scared the heck out of me, then my nitrate or nitrites went up, but started doing a gazillion water changes. Asked myself, "what the heck am I getting into here" but finally things are improving.

Getting off the track here, I don't think I would have learned as much without this website. Everyone has helped a great deal, especially since I have nevr owned a fish in my life and knew nothing about aquariums.

Oh, and I love all the pictures and joking around and great atmosphere here.

I join in with all the great members, and mods, and Mike for starting it all here.

13. Hussain

Hussain Valued Member Member

Without fishlore! I Will be spending tons of money on nothing. Thank you!.

14. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

You know I have been part of the forum for quite a bit and never knew about that.
    Kudos to Mike. :;toast

15. bubblynutter

bubblynutter Well Known Member Member

That was really insightful. I'm proud to be a member of Fishlore, and have in fact recently referred a couple of members here for information. Including my mum, who keeps two goldfish in a 1ft glass tank. :;smack

I think it's incredible the dedication the Mods and Mike have to keep this going, and ensure that as many fish keepers out there provide a comfortable and APPROPRIATE home for their livestock. I have learnt so much from being on here, and one day hope to be knowledgable enough to pass on some of my own advice to beginners out there.

We were all beginners with no clue at some point!

Big hugs to the team that keep Fishlore going. :;hug2:;hug2:;hug2

16. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Yes, many many many many (you get the idea!) thanks to all (but lets not let the mods heads get too big lol!).

I stumbled across the site while searching for answers, lurked for a while, then when I had a question joined the mayhem so to speak...

We WERE all beginners with no clue at some point bubblynutter, but slowly we're all learning together and sharing experiences, stories, opinions (and occassionally inflammatory discussions).

Thanks again all!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice