The beauty products thread!

1. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Conversations on recent threads have got me wondering what beauty products do the ladys( and men ifyou have any) swear by? My bathroom shelves look like a small drug store asile, but here are my favorites:

Hair:
    It depends on how I am keeping my hair currently useing:
    Organix coconut milk shampoo and conditioner
    TIGI Catwalk blow out balm
    TIGI Catwalk haute iron Spray
    Matrix Design Pulse Fiber Shuffle
    Last Call hair masque
    John Frieda Luminous glaze
    John Frieda Shine shock serum

Facial Skin Care:
    Mary Kay Timewise set
    Mary Kay clarifying mask
    Clean and Clear moring burst cleanser
    Mary Kay microdermabration set
    Clinque clarifying lotion #2
    Jergens natural glow facial mosturizer
    Clinque tinted mosterizer

Body skin care:
    Dove Cream oil bodywash
    Calgon ageless beauty milk bath/ bath beads
    Mary Kay Satin hands set
    Nivea creme
    Jergens natural Glow firming body lotion
    Nivea sun kissed beautiful legs
    Hawian tropic shimmering sunscreen

Makeup:
    Bare minerals
    Clinque eyeliner

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I've been using that new Biodegradable Fruictice (or however you spell it) shampoo and conditioner. I like it. I'd rather use Paul Mitchell hair products, but I'm just a poor college student :p

I like the lotions (and fancy hand soap) they sell at Bath andBody Works, too. I'd buy the body wash, too, but paying $12 for body wash I could pay $2-4 for a similar scent is silly >.<

That said, I really like SoftSoap's body wash (and hand soaps).

3. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I like how bath and body works lotions smell, but they don't make my skin any softer, so I gave them up.

I like the coconut body scrub softsoap makes. ( I really like coconut sented stuff)

4. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I get the triple moisture kind. Actually works LOL If I don't get that kind, then I get the little bottles of the regular kind, just to make my hands smell good =3 I actually find that the sanitizing hand lotion does make your hands soft. Soft AND clean hands? Yay! =D

I have the Cherry Blossom and Bamboo one right now. I'm almost out though. But I have this gingerbread stuff that I got over Christmas, so I guess I have to use that before I buy any more :p

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

I once heard a Minister say during a service (referring to women and making themselves attractive for their mate) "any old barn can use a coat of paint". :giggle:

I digress...

Ken

6. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

I found the beauty product that always worked best for me was alcohol. Once plastered many woman find me attractive (well one or two anyway).

7. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

I have entire suitcase full of make-up. I feel the need to match every outfit I have with the make-up I am wearing. Tones, Shades and all. I use the entire Fruitice Hair Care and Skin care product line, half the Oil of Olay product line, plumpers de-wriklers and every other skin care product imaginable. I pick what I use by my mood. I go from using nothing at all to staying in the bathroom for 3 hours at a time. Then there is my nails and toenails that is a whole differant paragraph.

8. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

:;laughing @ jdhef

I use whatever's cheapest...... I'm not a name brand kinda girl.... I'm a bargain basement kinda girl.

9. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

LOL john! nice.

great thread lexi :) this is what i have. my house is a beauty store haha.

hair:
    *shampoo, something from the DS, that is moisturizing. i have hair towards my lower back, and use a TON of shampoo...so it has to be cheaper stuff.
    *conditioner: usually Biolage, and also Oscar Blandi. i splurge on it.
    *styling: Ouidad leave-in, Ouidad serum, treseme frizz stuff, a strong, cheap gel...and a few others i'm sure i forgot. Ouidad is for curly/wavy hair. great stuff!

face: organic cold-pressed apricot oil to take makeup off. Josie Maran organic argan oil to moisturize. that's it. my face is very sensitive.

body: wow, just so many things! i think i have beauty product ADD lol. i like expensive bar soaps, DS shower stuff, BBW stuff. Lotion wise....i've tried every brand out there, i swear. i don't stick with one. or rarely finish one either. eucerin is good stuff though. i also like Philosophy wild blackberry blossom lotion :)

makeup:
    *physicians formula pressed mineral makeup
    *neutrogena multi color bronzer
    *clinique eye liner in smoky violet
    *NARS semi-matte lipstick in catfight. loooove this. on my 3rd tube. and that DEFINITELY says something...as this is the ONLY one i've ever finished. ever.
    *bare escentuals plumping gloss in baby doll i think.
    *clinique glosses
    *clinique high-impact lipstick in Nearly Violet
    *revlon concealer
    *i hate mascara and never wear it.

the ped-egg is great! i highly recommend to get nice feet :)

perfume: a few i like
    *hanae mori-butterfly
    *donna karen-cashmere mist
    *marc jacobs-the orginal one

10. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

For a second there, I thought you were admitting you had a hairy back..... :eek:

11. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I recentlly organized my bathroom and when I relized how much stuff I had accumulated, any product that I was not in love with went. I got rid of about 40 bottles of lotion from bath and body works and victoria's secret, they all smelled great, but didn't soften my skin. So I donated them to the bathroom pile at work, ( they got used up quick) and bought body sprays in the scents I liked the most. Juniper and the Cherry blossom from Bath and Body works, Sweet Temptation and Love Spell from Victorias secret. Then I set out to find a lotion that worked. The Jergens Natural glow Lotion makes my skin super soft, and it has the bit of sunless tanner in it( I am super fair complected and I don't tan, even if I tryed I just burn and freckle). The nivea creme I use on exrta dry areas (elbows, hands and feet). The Nivea sunkissed Beautiful Legs lotion makes my legs feel like silk, and it has a shave minimizer in it.

My purfume is Miracle by Lancome.
    Lol, I'm not trying to attract anyone though, this is all to make me feel pretty, pampered and put together.
    I go trough phases too, if I feel like getting all dolled up, I have plenty of eyeshadows to choose from, if not I just wear a tinted mosterizer with sunscreen, mascara, and a sunscreen lip balm.

I have not wore a foundtion other then Bare Minerals in 8years, I love that stuff and a Jar of it lasts forever, even when I wore makeup everyday when I was a waitress, a jar would last ayear and a half.

I didn't list nail products, I don't use many. For my hands I use a 4 way buffing block and I have a few polishes for my toes. The nails on my hands are so soft that my nails tear off while I am working before they get very long, and since they bend easily, polish won't stick. I paint my toenails, but that's about it, I keep them cut down to the quick because long ( a relitive term here, any white part at all seems long to me) toenails gross me out.

12. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I like it!!!!

13. trailblazer295 Well Known Member Member

I guess I'll be the first (maybe only guy) to admit to using something other than liquid courage. I can thank my mums side of the family for my skin.

Face: Basically the entire Nivea for Men line, which is really expensive but works.

Nivea soft
    Nivea for men Revitalizing Q10 moisturizer
    Nivea for men Anti-fatigue revitalizing Q10
    Nivea for men 24h moisturizer - rehydrating
    Nivea for men moisturizer - sensitive
    Nivea for men hyrdo gel - sensitive skin
    Nivea for men face wash - sensitive
    Nivea for men extreme comfort aftershave
    Nivea for men shaving gel - sensitive

Body

Winter: Vaseline cocoa butter smoothing body butter
    Summer: Vaseline extra strength lotion

14. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

wow, a guy who actually cares about being soft! way to go blazer. :)

15. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

My hubby uses my nivea creme on his hands, other than that he doesn't use too much its really unfair how soft his skin is naturally. I like his body wash he uses the Old Spice Afterhours body wash... it smells good..mmmm....

16. trailblazer295 Well Known Member Member

It has more to do with being a necessity than desire. Use what works and results speak for themselves. Told a friend once how many things I have to use and she had no idea I had to use anything. Beeswax lip balm is a choice and ladies seem to like that better than dry and cracked.

@ Lexi I've tried all those for men body washes and it just dries the out of my skin.

17. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

oooooh blazer....smoochin the ladies huh. lol. yeah generally cracked lips aren't too great. but if you kiss a lot...that's kind of unavoidable. hahaha.

18. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Beer makes a great shampoo. It really does! Beer is good for everything!

19. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Its liquid bread, its good for you. :whistling:

20. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

It's got vitamins and minerals in it. I should add a little to my fish tanks lol.