2. OP
    OP
    Nanologist

Nanologist Well Known Member Member

3. OP
    OP
    Nanologist

Well you'll hear from me in the morning...

4. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Ugh!!

5. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Every time I see that, I feel like grabbing the sledgehammer.

6. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah my husband is a programmer who works at home. The update completely ruined the programs he uses to program with. It was a huge mess for most of his work day.

7. Redshark1

Redshark1 Well Known Member Member

Repeat after me: Calm Blue Ocean, Calm Blue Ocean...

8. OP
    OP
    Nanologist

@clk89 yeah, I work from home also as a web designer/developer. What I did when Win. 10 came out was subscribed one of the virtual machines running on my desktop to their Windows 10 Insider Program and upgraded it first. The vm ran on an exact .iso image of my desktop so any issues could be reported to Microsoft accurately. Also, it wouldn't render my PC or it's programs useless if their were major incompatibilities.

During the launch of windows 10 I had very minor driver issues (as did many) and there were times when the updates themselves were failing and getting stuck or looping and it would render the virtual machine useless for a day or two, so I waited to upgrade my PC from 8.1 to 10 until these issues were fixed. It took about 6 months after the release date to become stable enough for me to upgrade my desktop.

I got too comfortable and stopped testing updates on my vm first and this is what I get for it... a stuck update screen.

It must have finished sometime last night because my PC is on again. Time to test my work environment. Hoping everything is fine and so glad it's the weekend and not a work day!

9. fish time

fish time Well Known Member Member

Hate update screen

10. NavigatorBlack

NavigatorBlack Fishlore VIP Member

My computer turned off in the middle of work a few times after that unwelcome update. Very annoying, and really a waste of time.
    It has been stable for a day or two now.

11. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

Windows 10 is a mess, I hate it, and wish I could get rid of it.