The Aquaclear 110 Filter

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by berri, Jun 22, 2018.

1. berri

berri New Member Member

It arrived today. Sure is a noisy thing. I will give it a bit before I unplug it. Let it work out any air bubbles or whatever it needs to work out cause it make a racket.

2. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

Well that's not good to hear. I'm thinking about switching over to Aquaclear :D

3. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah that impeller is quite noisy...I have a AC 70 that I'm using for a QT. The QT is in the garage but I can hear that thing running from upstairs.

4. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

Gosh darnit. Other people seem to adore this thing and I was excited to switch :D

5. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

Mines a little older, so I'm not sure if age has to do with it. But I think they are great HOB. I would test it out honestly and see if it's tolerable.

6. bitseriously

bitseriously Well Known Member Member

No way should a new one be that noisy. Is it new, or new-to-you?

Ps are u sure you got all the air out of the uptake tube?

7. JamieXPXP

JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

when i had one it quieted down after a bit but i wasnt a big fan of the filter

8. OP
    OP
    berri

berri New Member Member

It is now quiet. My fault for being stupid. I had the intake value right next to my air bubbler. Once I moved that, all was well on the home front.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice