The Air Force Thunderbirds And French Air Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This month has been interesting during the middle of the month the French Air Force Flight Demonstration Team was here in Pensacola, this week we had the Air Force Thunderbirds in town. To bad I sold my boat on Sunday or I would have been on the bay today. @TexasDomer you have to love the area.

ShaneG

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That's pretty awesome, I've gotten to see the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels while I was in Pensacola in 2012. Great shows put on by both!

yukondog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Before I retired I did a few jobs on base the work I did put us very close to the landing strip, you defiantly needed hearing protection, building condos on the beach during a show we got a birds eye view 14 story's up sitting on a slab with no walls. Living on my end of town we got Eglin AFB bombing range. Pretty cool when the MOAB was tested, they did two of them.

yukondog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The first one actually shook the house, wife was not happy when things started falling of the walls, the second one just rattled the windows pretty good.

ShaneG

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
****, I'm pretty jealous that you guys got to see that tested. I've seen a lot of air strike displays while on exercises but that would be truly amazing!

OP
max h

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
, I'm pretty jealous that you guys got to see that tested. I've seen a lot of air strike displays while on exercises but that would be truly amazing!
What's really impressive is seeing a Battleship fire a broadside with all it's 16" guns. On the world cruise I did on the Enterprise we had the Missouri and Iowa in trail a stern of us. They both launch the big guns at a target ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom