The Age Thread!

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm 32, still get carded for my smokes. (about the getting carded, not the smoking)

JoannaB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I will be 40 later this year. But that's ok. Already had my midlife crisis sort of about two years ago. Now if it were not for the fact that one of my coworkers who is 23 had the gall to call me old because I have two kids and a mortgage, I would really be ok.

Sometimes though I realize that I am still a kid at heart, and fish keeping kind of brings that out of me - I can relate to my son's plea "can we get a guppy. Please. Just one!" And I really look forward to getting a betta someday so I can play with it ... Err, I mean try to train it.

Tigress Hill

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
23!I remember being surprised to learn that Tigress Hill was female and Jaysee was male. I have NO idea why I assumed the opposite.. seems so funny now and their genders seem so obvious!
That happens to me all the time
Tigress is a female tiger....
Exactly!
I think the batman avatar may have thrown me off, despite the fact that I'm a female batman fan myself!
Fan? No my friend, I am the fourth Bat!
Youngest one so far!
Not any longer! For I recently turned 14

AlanGreene

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Age is always just a number and no one is old who still laughs loves cares and hugs!

I am a 24 year old male,

Jdcichlidlover I totally thought you were a guy just cos of the jd part! I now realize it refers to jack Dempsey

Bumble bat there is always ways of learning! Make a thread on here and I'm sure some people who have experience in this area can help with suggestions and going to the financial aid office is a good suggestion already.

I was interested to see so many young members on here, maybe just some of the more mature members don't want to post, but I definitely assumed I would have been a baby compared to most!

Great topic to read through

Quinn_Lamb98

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Not any longer! For I recently turned 14
you must have me beet by a few months. I turned 14 last march (15 next march). honestly through many comments I knew you were a teen, but being younger than me (by months) really did surprise me.

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Holy cow, I have the audacity to go to sleep for a few hours, and look what I miss

A few things:

1. I don't remember who differentiated between "college" and "university," but 'round these parts, they're synonyms So not sure which one you think I'm at haha.

2. Magoo, I thought you were way younger!! Like..my age

3. Matt, not getting carded for smokes explains the voice

4. Happy belated birthday, Tiggy!

5. Bumblebat, you can always go to college. I was fortunate that my parents had set up a savings account that paid for some of my school, but being that this is my sixth? seventh? year, I've blown through all of it. Now I get to learn of the lovely world of FAFSAs and loans. See the goal is to get my degree in engineering, have a job lined up when I graduate, and be making $60k out the door...to pay off all my loans

6. Also don't remember who said they were older than everyone, but there are plenty of older folks on here! I guess few of them were up at 2am though

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Holy cow, I have the audacity to go to sleep for a few hours, and look what I miss

I have a small child! At 7pm the computer gets turned off, she goes to bed, and I just slowly regain my sanity by vegging on the coach until I go to bed

My voice has been this way since I was like 10-12! My family would always tease me and call me "Barry White"! LOL! Are you saying Newports could be having some effect on my voice!?!?!!. :jawdrop:

aylad

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I've been alive through 5 presidential administrations, only missing the original inauguration of the first one by a little under 2 years.

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've been alive through 5 presidential administrations, only missing the original inauguration of the first one by a little under 2 years.
You can tell you're a teacher when.............you hide math problems in thread responses

amber0107

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Wow, I'm feeling quite old all of a sudden. High school and college were a long time ago....

MellyRu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
YAY! The "older" folks are arriving. I was afraid the youngens were gonna feed me to the fish!

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years

A few things:

1. I don't remember who differentiated between "college" and "university," but 'round these parts, they're synonyms So not sure which one you think I'm at haha.

2. Magoo, I thought you were way younger!! Like..my age

4. Happy belated birthday, Tiggy!

5. Bumblebat, you can always go to college. I was fortunate that my parents had set up a savings account that paid for some of my school, but being that this is my sixth? seventh? year, I've blown through all of it. Now I get to learn of the lovely world of FAFSAs and loans. See the goal is to get my degree in engineering, have a job lined up when I graduate, and be making $60k out the door...to pay off all my loans

6. Also don't remember who said they were older than everyone, but there are plenty of older folks on here! I guess few of them were up at 2am though
Thank you Zumi

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Wow, I'm feeling quite old all of a sudden. High school and college were a long time ago....
Really?? I totally thought you were younger too...like my age.. apparently I think everyone is my age

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom