The 44 project

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
This is like....the neatest, most coolest, most original setup I've seen in, since I can't remember. Seriously good job man. I'm in awe of how it's come along in the last few months!

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love the betta shots!
Thank you Lilibeth_Seasong

This is like....the neatest, most coolest, most original setup I've seen in, since I can't remember. Seriously good job man. I'm in awe of how it's come along in the last few months!
Thank you Gamer

I have had to make some unexpected changes but all in all it is working out.

Tonia

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your tank, the Madagascar lace, and oh wow, just EVERYTHING is absolutely incredible!!! I love the layout! Was showing my husband, I'm so jealous! I want a tank that looks like yours! Incredible job with the layout, the aquascaping and congrats with the Angels breeding for you!

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your tank, the Madagascar lace, and oh wow, just EVERYTHING is absolutely incredible!!! I love the layout! Was showing my husband, I'm so jealous! I want a tank that looks like yours! Incredible job with the layout, the aquascaping and congrats with the Angels breeding for you!
Thank you shayla

Your feedback is really appreciated.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just love this tank!

My tanks always look like a 5 year old designed it.
(No offence meant to 5 year old with creativity! lol)

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just love this tank!

My tanks always look like a 5 year old designed it.
(No offence meant to 5 year old with creativity! lol)
Thank you Lucy

The ottos are putting up a valiant fight with the algae.
I added a couple of new plants to the foreground. Sunhawk likes them, I am on the fence. I'll get some shots in a bit. I have a set of lifter to put in Stardust (my Harley) and three slabs of ribs to prep for sunday, it is an involved process….But boy, are they good. So it might be a few hrs before I post photos.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I decided to go ahead and get the shots. I did not put a lot of time into these shots. What do you think? Are the new plants a plus or not? I do like the splash of red they add.

These being available light, handheld during the day there are numerous flaws like you can see my ghost in there. The algae seems to be slowly retreating…Emphasis on slowly. The ottos are doing a good job in keeping the lace plants clean. A lot of the green was in the dragon when I bought it.

I put one to the left, and one to the right. I do not know what they are but they are runner propagators.

I.

2. Mr. betta always on the lookout for changes in "his" tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrHDpants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Still looks beautiful! I love your betta just going and inspecting all the new things.

There seems to be something about the tank that makes it look so much bigger than my 45g. Obviously since yours is a 44g, this is an optical illusion. But what causes that? Is it the angle at which you shoot your pics? Is it the hexagonal shape? Is it your choice of plants? Or am I just crazy?

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Still looks beautiful! I love your betta just going and inspecting all the new things.

There seems to be something about the tank that makes it look so much bigger than my 45g. Obviously since yours is a 44g, this is an optical illusion. But what causes that? Is it the angle at which you shoot your pics? Is it the hexagonal shape? Is it your choice of plants? Or am I just crazy?
You are not crazy. There is a very real effort at illusion in this tank. I incorporate the discipline of photography, and the rules of art into my aquascaping. The main viewing panel sits in the middle of the expanse of the tank. So to use this to my advantage I wrapped the interior around this. You will notice that the plants and drift wood, and rocks go right up to the glass on the left and the right but at the main viewing panel there is a large open space. This tricks the mind in to seeing greater volume than is really there. Also using the rule of thirds the dragon (the most promanent fixture) fills the left third of the picture, and then leads into the middle third drawing your eye into a large open area. This makes the mind happy with the proportions. I used background paper that is dark on the front sides but light in the back because it draws the eye through the drift wood and the large Anubis. The effect is even greater when you see it in person

EDIT: The placement of the dragon is of great importance. The panels of the tank divide the tank into thirds. The viewing panel is in the middle. This violates the rule of thirds. To fix this I placed the dragon to the left blending to the center left. A balancing act that satisfies the rule of thirds, and lets the main viewing still be dead center. This may be redundant but I wanted to be clear in this.

EDIT: It is a pentagon tank.

Last edited:

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your tank is just beautiful! I love your dragon. Kudos! How long did it take you to make this setup?
Thank you FishLover

Well lets see. I first added plants, and fish April 20 of this year. There was a month of planing, and purchasing before that. It has been evolving since then.

Lilibeth_Seasong

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
This is absolutely one of the MOST beautiful tanks I have ever seen! I am in love with your betta. I do believe I might try a betta in a community tank sometime (with back up plans of course). I love the splash of color they add.

That rule of thirds (I just recently learned about it) really comes into play a lot more than I realized.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This is absolutely one of the MOST beautiful tanks I have ever seen! I am in love with your betta. I do believe I might try a betta in a community tank sometime (with back up plans of course). I love the splash of color they add.

That rule of thirds (I just recently learned about it) really comes into play a lot more than I realized.
Thank you Lilibeth_Seasong

The rule of thirds governs how the human mind deals with what the eyes see, and what it is most happy with. It has to do with the brains wiring.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom