The 44 project

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
One of the blacks swam to the front of the tank long enough for me to get a shot. Not as pretty as the half banded but still kind of cute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randyk47

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I still have a bit, actually quite a bit, of tank envy. I'm even thinking that once I finish the renovation/redecorating of the main tank downstairs I'll change the upstairs office tank over to angels. I'd kind of forgotten how beautiful and almost majestic they can be. I also have to add my condolences at the loss of your black.

I did notice you have an airline running down the back left side of the tank. I'm guessing that's to provide the bubbles apparently coming from the dragon's mouth? Anyhow, one of the things I've gone to is using rigid pipe to run my airlines down the walls in my tanks. Really came about because my pleco in my old chiclid tank was kind of a bulldozer around the tank and was forever moving the flexible tubing around to the point of even pulling it out of the suction cup holders. Even with the rigid pipe she'd still dislodge it occasionally but I've found it easier to put back in place with the pipe. I've also discovered the rigid pipe is a lot easier to put under the gravel and have it stay put. The stuff is inexpensive, like $1.50 for three feet, so not a big investment and it cuts easily with a utility knife.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have some of those and love them They mix well with the banded ones too.
Carol
they are coming out more often. It is funny to watch them play in the air bubbles.

I still have a bit, actually quite a bit, of tank envy. I'm even thinking that once I finish the renovation/redecorating of the main tank downstairs I'll change the upstairs office tank over to angels. I'd kind of forgotten how beautiful and almost majestic they can be. I also have to add my condolences at the loss of your black.

I did notice you have an airline running down the back left side of the tank. I'm guessing that's to provide the bubbles apparently coming from the dragon's mouth? Anyhow, one of the things I've gone to is using rigid pipe to run my airlines down the walls in my tanks. Really came about because my pleco in my old chiclid tank was kind of a bulldozer around the tank and was forever moving the flexible tubing around to the point of even pulling it out of the suction cup holders. Even with the rigid pipe she'd still dislodge it occasionally but I've found it easier to put back in place with the pipe. I've also discovered the rigid pipe is a lot easier to put under the gravel and have it stay put. The stuff is inexpensive, like $1.50 for three feet, so not a big investment and it cuts easily with a utility knife.
Thank you randy, it was sad to loose the black. I was never able to get a good shot of him.

Good luck with your projects. Yes the blue air line is for the dragon. I am hoping that the java ferns will cover all the pluming when they have grown in.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, things seem to be moving at a snail's pace

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fred and Ginger have spawned again. It seems that it was Fred that was eating the eggs. This time Ginger won't let him near the eggs. There are a lot of un fertilized eggs. The good eggs should hatch in a day or two.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can't wait for you to get close shots of wigglers. They are extremely hard to get details of. Carol

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can't wait for you to get close shots of wigglers. They are extremely hard to get details of. Carol
Well, it happened again. I left the room for a few min and the eggs are all gone. There were a few that had hatched too. This is really getting to me. I never had a pair of angels that would eat every spawn with no real threat in the tank. This is the forth spawn (that I know of) that has been eaten.

I got this shot right before they were eaten. Not really a good shot. But you can see that the eggs have started to hatch.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mr. betta

1a. At rest in his Madagascar lace hammock.

1b. And you disturbed my nap why?

mrHDpants

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I am not sure how I just saw this thread for the first time today but I am in awe!!! What a beautiful tank you have created. Thank you for sharing the pictures with us so that we can drool over them (I'm pretty sure I'm not just speaking for myself here!). I hope you keep updating this thread!

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am not sure how I just saw this thread for the first time today but I am in awe!!! What a beautiful tank you have created. Thank you for sharing the pictures with us so that we can drool over them (I'm pretty sure I'm not just speaking for myself here!). I hope you keep updating this thread!
Thank you mrHDpants

It has been an interesting process.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom