The 44 project

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ive been to. And thats a pretty betta.
Thank you tropicalfishlover
It is the first one that I have has since I re-homed the betta in my avatar. We thought it was killing tank mates. Later it turned out it was the baby ghost knife. That was re-homed to a friends 120 gal.
words cannot express our amazement (AGAIN!) Thank you for sharing
Thank you petlorilea

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A little sooner than I expected, but Fred, and Ginger have spawned again. But this time they chose a leaf that is turned away from the glass. The plant was planted close so I could get good shots…So much for that plan. Well see how things develop, might get some good shots when they move the babies.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thought I would take some update shots last night. These are just quick grabs. I was too tired after work to do a proper setup. The proud parents and eggs are doing fine. the madagascar lace plants are growing at a fast pace, and it turns out I have one red, and one green. I was very happy to see this. You can see one of the remaining cambomba plants , the as usual fell apart. The ones in Sunhawks tank are doing fine. Very strange, as I tend both tanks and the parameters are the same. Had to turn up the air diffusers, the temp got higher than I would like. It has been warm here the last couple of days , and the AC has not been on.

1. Ginger watching the eggs, and Fred watching me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

Your M.Lace plants are looking good.

Does Sunhawk have as much water movement in her tank as you do? The reason I ask is that water will absorb CO2 from the air in an attempt to equalize CO2 levels between the water and air. Water agitation will cause it to out gas from the water causing the water to have less CO2. Which isn't a problem usually but that may be what's causing you to have a problem with the Cabomba.
Just a thought

Carol

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looking good. Pretty betta, and nice Angels.
Thank you Corine I did not notice Mr.betta peeking around the Madagascar lace until I post pros the shot
Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

Your M.Lace plants are looking good.

Does Sunhawk have as much water movement in her tank as you do? The reason I ask is that water will absorb CO2 from the air in an attempt to equalize CO2 levels between the water and air. Water agitation will cause it to out gas from the water causing the water to have less CO2. Which isn't a problem usually but that may be what's causing you to have a problem with the Cabomba.
Just a thought

Carol
Thank you Carol
There are two differences between the two tanks. Sunhawk's tank has single bright LED light where the 44 has two plant LEDs, the 44's under gravel has power heads where hers does not. I add Flourish excel everyday. I would have thought that would have made up for the loss do to the stronger current. I guess not. At least the Madagascars are doing well.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That stinks.
I'm sorry.
Thank you Lucy.

The whole purpose of setting up this tank was to give Fred, and Ginger a healthy,and safe place to rase their babies…And they eat them…Was a pretty unpleasant day behind the wheel, and then to come home to this is a bit much

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry Next time will be better

I don't know Thunder the water agitation was just an idea I thought I would throw out there. The excel should be enough I would think.

Glad the Madagascar Lace plants are doing well.

carol

cichlidmac

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thank you Lucy.

The whole purpose of setting up this tank was to give Fred, and Ginger a healthy,and safe place to rase their babies…And they eat them…Was a pretty unpleasant day behind the wheel, and then to come home to this is a bit much
They may not feel it's safe enough to raise fry in the tank? Do you have a private hideaway for them or did they spawn in the open?

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry Next time will be better

I don't know Thunder the water agitation was just an idea I thought I would throw out there. The excel should be enough I would think.

Glad the Madagascar Lace plants are doing well.

carol
That is the great thing about angels if they mate ones they will go it again. They are a young pair, this is only their second try at is.

I really think my not being able to keep bunch plants alive is a karma thing :yinyang:

I am so happy about the Lace plants. The lighting and substrate do seem to be to their liking.

They may not feel it's safe enough to raise fry in the tank? Do you have a private hideaway for them or did they spawn in the open?
They have a large spot in the back of the tank behind the drift wood. They first spawned in this tank with other angels and a discus, before it leaked and started this project. Who knows why fish do what they do

I'll just have to hope for better luck next time.

Last edited:

cichlidmac

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah fish are crazy My cockatoos always ate there eggs. I found out it was because the pot opening was too big and faced the open, they didn't feel it was suitable. After a I turned the pot upside down with a tiny crack to get it, boom! Babies.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah fish are crazy My cockatoos always ate there eggs. I found out it was because the pot opening was too big and faced the open, they didn't feel it was suitable. After a I turned the pot upside down with a tiny crack to get it, boom! Babies.
Good info to know

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
After Fred, and Ginger ate their eggs, we have decided to move the black vail and the two very young angels from the ram tank to the 44. This is one of the little ones safe in the arms of the dragon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randyk47

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I noticed you mentioned being concerned that maybe this thread was not interesting or worthwhile. I hadn't commented before, kind of like talking about somebody else's wife or girl friend, but I had a bit of "tank envy". So much so that it caused me to re-evaluate my main tank and do or at least start some interior decorating. Anyhow, thanks for sharing your tank....fantastic.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom