The 44 Pent Builds Over The Years.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
I have had this aquarium for at least 30 years. The glass is deeply scratched "Dad, can I put this rock in *SCRITCH* opps, sorry Dad."

It has been through a lot including springing a leak a few years ago. This was after sitting empty for a few years. So I stripped it out and resealed it.

I thought I would post some of the builds. All the plants are live.

1. The Dragons lair. I think it is one of the best builds I ever did. A pent is not easy to work with. This build is why I HATE Eco Complete and will never knowingly buy another product from that co. Within a couple of weeks there was pail green sheet slime over everything. It was not uncommon. People posted photographs of it in an unopened bag. It may be a problem that has been solved as we have several members here that use it and have no issues with it.

I had an interesting filter setup, an UG with power heads (500 GPH in pull) under a layer of gravel capped with the Echo Complete. Then there was also was a Penguin 350. So this aquarium had 850 GPH in filter flow.

I stopped using UG filters several years ago.
_MG_5758 copy.0.jpg

_MG_7934-Edit copy.0.jpg

_MG_7571-Edit.0.jpg

_MG_9052-Edit.0.jpg

The current build is not to the point that I am ready to post a shot of it. But when it is ready I will post it here.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
4 years
They all look wonderful, my favorite is probably the first or second.

New Threads