The 40g Show Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by SirShepherd, Oct 16, 2018.

1. SirShepherd

SirShepherdValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +18
    Just wanted to leave a post of my progress on this tank. I have many others but I think this is just a good main tank to talk about as I have had only guppies/bettas before this tank.

The day one set up allowing the tank to cycle and what not IMG_20180809_034647308_HDR.
    The tank was done cycling so I went and picked up a couple angelfish along with some more plants
    IMG_20180819_111558072.

This is the giant skip ahead, I was just excited about what was going on so I never really took pictures unless a family member wanted to see how the tank was doing. But I went and picked up 6 albino cherry barbs. About 2-3 weeks later I went and picked up 6 Harlequin Hets. Then maybe two weeks after that I picked up a RTBS(red tail black shark). As you can tell the angelfish were this skittish for this long, they became more and more social as I added the schooling fish but spent a lot of time hiding. P.S Also picked up some more plants like wisteria, java moss/Christmas moss mix.
    IMG_20180914_135600101_HDR.
    This is where the Angels started to realize they will be okay hanging out in the front. I absolutely am in love with this tank and enjoy looking back over the progress. I do end up rearranging the tank which I may add tomorrow or whenever I get the chance. I felt I was just kind of cramming things on top of each other. So wanted to keep everything in the tank but just clean it up some!
    update.

2. Claire Bear

Claire BearWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +111
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Very Nice! Love it!

3. OP
    OP
    SirShepherd

SirShepherdValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +18
    I kept everything in the tank for this one! Just moved it all around. I truly believe photos don't capture how beautiful a tank can look in person, but it at least tries!
    Rescape.