Thats the way the cookie crumbles...and kills my fish!

teddybear22482

Reaction score
My kids threw coconut cookies in my tank today and I'm at a loss as to what I should do...Should I just start completely over?? Or just try to clean it? My fish are doing OK right now and my pleco is LOVING the cookies (they have turned to mush). Ive tried to siphon most of it out, but there is still a lot in there...HELP! I don't want to lose these guys!

fish_r_friend

Well Known
Reaction score
lol a cookie roflol I would siphon out the cookies what was their excuse "I wanted to give the fishie a treat"lol

OP
T

teddybear22482

Reaction score
Well it was probably more along the lines of 3 cookies and his excuse was "the fish was hungry"..

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You may need to do extra water changes if the cookies start rotting in the tank. Maybe try putting in other food to take the catfish's attention away from the cookies.

OP
T

teddybear22482

Reaction score
It ended up not being cookies at all( it looked like it) but it was alfalfa horse treats! They had corn bits in them and they wouldnt siphon out...soooo I ended up moving my guys to another established tank and completely cleaning and re-cycling the tank they were in. It is cycled now, but the fish seem much happier in the bigger tank, so I'm going to leave them there. I have a mature female Gold GouramI and I'm thinking about getting a male and breeding them. Dunno yet. Might be neat, but I'm setting up a 75gal saltwater tank and have lots to do so might wanna just keep it empty for now. Thanks alot.

New Threads