That Place Where All Guppies Go...

1. JoeCamaro

JoeCamaro Well Known Member Member

Have you ever been ad the fish store and wondered where do all guppies & platies go to?
    I mean, there are always an awful lot of them, at any given time in every single store they sell fish. What drives the huge demand?

• Is it people getting into the hobby? If so, then there must be a WHOLE LOT of people getting into it on a daily basis.

• Are they just dying in the hands of inexperienced fishkeepers and being replaced by the same kind of fish over and over? If so, that's an awful lot of dead fish on a regular basis.

Most fish stores/pet stores in my area carry the same kind of fish, but none of them near the amount of live bearers and I am not talking about the feeders, I mean the ones meant to be taken care of.

Joe

2. S

Small Tanks Valued Member Member

Most people when they get into fish keeping either start with bettas or guppies.

And a lot of really experienced fish keepers tend to come around to getting what ever one of the two they started with again. Especially male guppies are a beautiful way to add a ton of color to a tank.

3. AJE

AJE Well Known Member Member

They are pretty and cheap

4. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

im always shook to were all the betta go. In my small town I wondered does everyone finally have a betta now? Or the feeder goldfish... Not many people have monster fish to feed them too.