That Fish Place

1. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Last night on the way home from Lancaster Pa., We stopped at "That Fish Place"

It is a gigantic warehouse of fish and pet supplies. They do probably have everything. I have not looked it up yet on internet so don't know if their prices are great?

Might be worth checking out if anyone needs supply's.

Their fresh water fish area was large but not well stocked for the odd things I always want (except Bettas of course), and it was saturday night after a black friday sale. All the fish they did have were in good shape except Dwarf Gouramis. They looked good, but it was the only tank with a couple of dead fish. I think it is worth an alert on FishLore not to buy them...it is so heartbreaking to lose such a beautiful fish, but is seems the odds are against any real success. and they are so striking it is hard not to buy them.

They had a wonderful saltwater fish area....omg...what beauties!!

That Fish Place, Lancaster Pa.....check it out online for suppleies.

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Thanks Ted. Don't they have an on line store also?
    I agree about DG's. Sad, they're beautiful fish with great personalities.

Edit: Whoops. I just saw your last sentence.
    I'm moving this thread to the review sections of the forum. )

3. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Just wanted to add that I bought plants from them online. They came quickly and packaged really well - they were green and vibrant on arrival and thriving now. I'd recommend them. :)

(It's really sad to hear about the dwarf gourami species suffering so much. :'()

4. DRock914 Member Member

I don't have a lot of experience with them but my dad has used them for 20 years. He used to mail order stuff before the internet from they. They are always the cheapest for everything. I guess I have been in the store when I was little but sadly I do not remember it.

5. Slug Well Known Member Member

I've bought supplies from them online before, would so again too.

I'd never buy fish from a place like this. Not that there would be anything wrong with them, but theres a greater chance for something to be wrong at a larger wholesale place like this. Also prices can be more expensive.

6. DRock914 Member Member

I think their fish prices are reasonable but I never bought fish from them. I have been looking for a Synodontis Angelicus and the only store near me who has one is asking for $79.99, which I think is insane but everything is expensive there ($19.99 for 1 1/2" Africans). They are selling the Synodontis for 39.99 but I agree that there is a greater chance for something to be wrong.

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Ted. I've ordered from www.thatfishplace.com many a time over the years. I also use www.drsfostersmith.com. Both have been great. I've only ordered supplies and nothing living.
    I highly recommend them both.
    Ken

8. kcarmartinez Member Member

This place is a bit of a drive for me but I am looking for some lowlight plants and I don't want to do shipping in this weather. Did anyone happen to notice if they had a good plant selection and reasonable prices? All the local places don't have what I want.

9. platyfish Member Member

I like foster and smith better, but they still have pretty good prices. Foster and smith has more of a family feel to it. idk

10. josh11551 Well Known Member Member

i have been to the store aswell about 5 times and it is AMAZING! And to clearup the actual size of this place it is about the size of somewher between 5-10 normal warehouses!!