thanks to whomever posted earlier information

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by broncosno1, Mar 20, 2010.

1. b

broncosno1 New Member Member

due to previosly posted information, i've identified ELWAY as a dalmation. here is another rescue from the super giants of the pet business

Attached Files:

2. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

He is gorgeous!

3. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Looks like the betta I had a few months back. He's gorgeous indeed! Thanks for sharing! :;hf

4. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Lovely boy!

5. Robin4

Robin4 Valued Member Member

What a gorgeous fish......

Robin

6. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

Elway is such a handsome boy! Thanks for sharing!
    Ken

7. hooxeii

hooxeii Well Known Member Member

Wow, I've never seen one like him! Glad to hear he's got a good home now.

8. OP
    OP
    b

any suggestions?

thanks for the compliments on my fish everyone. but he is the result of someone elses work. i just picked him out lol. any suggestions on what typr of female to breed him with?

9. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Orange or yellow probably. The orange may turn up with an extended red female (it's a mutation in the pathway of the red pigment) but with a female already showing the non-red you'd be safe to just focus on selecting for the spotted pattern if that's what you want to do...

10. OP
    OP
    b

is it possible to get the dalmation coloring pattern in conjunction with a rosetail halfmoon or crown tail?

11. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

yes and no... I'm not sure how dominant the coloring is so the first thing you'll want to do is fix the color, however if you could find a HM or CT that was orange or would help you get the color then it's do able. In the article it said it took the "founder" of the line to get the first HM dalmations only 18 months by crossing his vt line into an orange HM one. However it would be tricky to maintain BOTH the finnage and the color.

12. OP
    OP
    b

i dont have any hm or ct females as they are just not available in my area. elway has successfully mated with a beautiful cambodian red though. this is by far the largest spawn i have ever witnessed. im guestimating 3 possibly 400 babies. if you put a very fine air stone in the water and turned on the air flow thats what it would look like with the newly hatched fry. wow! = have some work ahead of me

13. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Congrats, hope it all goes well!

14. OP
    OP
    b

i tried the powdery substance for new born fry they eat it but it makes for a lot of cleanup and eventual fry loss. id like to explore a live food oppurtunity. perhaps this is a cleaner method and more nutricious as well? ive read about micro worms? can any body lend me some advice for the best food for newborn fry and least mess?

15. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

You bred this VT? A good idea before you breed any tail type is to be prepared as far as a food source...The only real suitable food for newly hatched Betta fry is microworms or walter worms...You can order cultures online but it takes several days after receiving it to get the culture started...

Good luck with the spawn and I hope it all works out for you..

16. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

Very nice :)

17. OP
    OP
    b

i have a food for fry that is not live. im not liking it i would like to move out of this powdery stuff and move to live food. how hard is it to maintain a culture of micro worms? ive never heard of walter worms

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice