Thanks Rose Moonlights

atmmachine816

Just wanted to say thanks to Rose for posting the pics of her moonlights. I now have one and plan on buying some more, they are pretty cool. Here's two pictures of what I did with one of mine so far, I'v also used it as a moonlight but will buy some more on saturday hopefully so I can have moonlights and the bubble effect.

Picture
1. during the day
2. at night

Thanks Rose

Butterfly

That's really cool looking ATM
Carol

boff

ATM is it true that the fish can't see the blue light or are they just not as jumpy where it is low level .They do look cool .

nmwierman1977

That does look really cool!! 8) Natalie

0morrokh

Yeah that is really awesome looking

Isabella

Very cool Which moonlight did you buy? Is it a white or a blue spectrum (looks blue on the pictures but I just want to make sure). I have also just ordered 2 of these moonlights: (the white ones). I hope they'll look nice.

chickadee

I think it looks really nice. I had heard that they could not see the red or the blue and mine do not seem at all bothered by them. They stay awake for a while but then when they see the food is over for the day they go off to bed.

Rose

atmmachine816

boff like Rose said I don't think they notice it that much, my guppies like playing in the bubbles at night and during day. I think they notice the light a little as my angels don't like it that much when they swim over the led light as it's a little bright, but the blue glow doesn't seem to bother them.

Isabella I have these same as Rose. You'l have to let us know how yours look. I like these as you can adjust them to have cool effects. tomorrow I might get two more to have the whole tank lit up.

Thanks for the nice comments

Isabella

I should receive my lights on Tuesday. I'll let you know if I like them (I ordered white light). If I don't like the white light, I may order the blue one. I'll see.

The reason I bought white lights is that in nature the Moon has a whitish glow, not a blue or a red one. So I thought maybe this will feel more natural, both to look at it and for fish.

atmmachine816

Hmmm. maybe I'll get a white one and mix them, I wonder how that would work.

Please do let us know, will be looking forward to it.

Isabella

Atm, I have received the white moonlights today: , the light + the additional link. I will use them over my 75 gallon tank. I have to tell you that I like this light VERY MUCH. It looks great over my 75 gallon tank. It's a white light with a "tiny-bitty" hint of blue, it really looks like a natural moon glow. Looks very "soft", which I find very pleasing to the eye. If you love blue lights, don't get this one. But if you like natural moon's white light ... this one is a great light in my opinion.

When my 75 gallon tank is set up and with plants, I will take a picture of it with the moonlights turned on. And I'll post it for you here. I am now waiting for my 3rd order from Big Al's - should have it tomorrow (the one I received today was from Foster and Smith). With this, I'll have everything ready to set up. I want to order plants next weekend, or the weekend after that the latest. I can't wait any more! Online ordering is much cheaper ... but it also takes A LOT of time, especially when you're planning for a large planted tank that requires good lighting and substrate. But anyway ... I love anything when it comes to fishies and planted tanks

I know it took me long, but I'll have the tank ready very soon now

atmmachine816

Did you get two? If so do they really light up your whole tank because those are a lot cheaper than the one's rose and I have. I'm wondering do you think you can see shrimp better with a red, blue, or white light like you have because the blue doesn't make them show up much.

Thanks for letting me know about them.

Isabella

Atm, if you have a small tank, even one weak moonlight may create an impression as if it were strong - because you have more light as a result of your tank being small. In my 75 gallon tank, for example, the glow of the moonlights appears rather weak because of the large size of the tank, and it creates an impression or real moon's glow. I personally like when the moonlights are very soft, and I don't like them strong.

I really have no idea under what color of lighting you'll be able to see your shrimp. I never had any shrimp and know nothing about it.

atmmachine816

Yes I kinda like mine as it's a soft glow not really bright. It's really cool to see the fish's giant shadows on the floor next to the tank

Do you think I should get three blue llights, two blue and one white, or two white and one blue. Rose how bout you, I'm not sure what to get as I'm getting two more this weekend.

thanks

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom