Thanks For The Help! Xx

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Katie Allibone, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Katie AlliboneNew MemberMember

So I recently got my fish from a local garden center and I have forgotten what type of fish I have!
    I know I sound like a terrible fish mum but I’m bad at remembering things

I know it’s not a platy because they were in the tropical section and my new baby was in the cold water (I was planning to get a platy then realised they only sold warm water ones)
    I think the name might begin with a d but I don’t remember so help would be very appreciated

Oh and is milo a good name for him?

Attached Files:

2. CoptapiaWell Known MemberMember

It’s a Platy.

3. Katie AlliboneNew MemberMember

Do you think shops label the fish as different things just for the sake of it?

4. Katie AlliboneNew MemberMember

Wait I just did some googling and just remembered they were in the same tank as Danio fish! Yeah I thought he was a platy and the same type as my other baby’s!
    So sorry to waste your time!

5. Rick boseValued MemberMember

Well it's a platy.
    Also you can look at this page to see if you can remember the fish name it was labelled in the shop.
    The page contains all the names of the common aquarium fishes whose name starts with a 'd'.

Also I think Milo is a great name for him.

6. CoptapiaWell Known MemberMember

Some do, yes. Or it might just not have been labelled?

7. Rick boseValued MemberMember

Yeah could be. Sometimes it happens like a fish of different species gets end up in a different tank.

That's definitely not a danio and it's okay.
    Don't worry.

8. PeteSteversWell Known MemberMember

Sometimes fish jump too!

9. Katie AlliboneNew MemberMember

Thanks for everyone’s help I really appreciate it xx