Thank You Shawnie 5 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by bolivianbaby, Apr 1, 2010.

1. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

We ADORE the three baby bettas and the four abn's. As I thought, Shelby "claimed" the smallest. She's working on a really cute name for him. There's no telling what she'll come up with.

I'm hoping to get pics of them over the next few days. I want to give them time to settle in.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!:;hug2

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:happy0064: I'm, so glad to hear the babies arrived safely!
    Can't wait for pictures :)

3. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

phew_Full.jpg
    thank you for wanting them!!! I so didnt want my LFS having them.....now I can sleep tonite!!!!!! cant wait for pics :) :;hug2

4. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

Here are some pics. The abn's are in a difficult tank for photographs. They're in the guppy tank and two of them are in the deeply planted section, so they're not cooperative, but I got pics of two of them.

Attached Files:

5. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

Two more pics.

The blue/purple and the red/purple I'm pretty sure are male. I swear they tried to flare at me. it was so cute.

Attached Files:

6. Shawnie

hahahaah GREAT shots mama BB!
    they arent camera shy are they.....
    thanks for sharing the pics!!!

7. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

No problem! Thanks for sharing the kids with me. I can already tell they have lots of personality. I'm really looking forward to watching them grow up.

8. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Did I just witnessed some fish contraband on the site? :;laughing Hahaha Just kidding Nice fishies.

9. Shawnie

:;dk:sign0011:

10. navyscuba

Hey I gotta take a video of the stand now that is all full. Any comments on good video cams Video lady? ;D

11. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Awwwwwwwwwww I'm so happy for you....Shawnie is such a loving old gal (I mean young gal) lol I can't beleive those babies are this old already!

Have fun and enjoy!

12. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

Yes, you definitely need a video of the stand all set up. We'd love to see it!

Shawnie's the video queen. Although you were an honorable mention during last nights "Malawi Tank Seaweed" escapade. The babies you gave us are as brazen as the adults;D We love them.

Thanks MM! I can see why you enjoy breeding so much. I've never seen betta babies this small before in real life. I'll leave the breeding to you experts, but mercy, they're such cute little things. We're really looking forward to watching them grow up.

The red/purple betta and the little cambo female are close enough where we can see the size difference between them and Firecracker. Wow, what a difference. They loved their little bloodworms tonight, too. Everyone ate and ate well;D

13. Shawnie

im lost LOL but whats new!!!!!!!

:anim_35: spring chicken here!! buck buck!!:whistling:
    im glad they ate! they look starvin!!

14. navyscuba

15. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Congrats BB and Shawnie,

I know you both were worried as I would be until they arrived :) Beautiful fish!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Ken

16. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

What cuties!!!!!!!! I love the little one!!!!!!!!

17. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

UPDATE:

We have their names. The Cambo fem is named Lily, the blue/purple boy is named Pistol, and the blue/purple boys is named Angel.

We think Pistol taught Firecracker (our betta we brought home last July) to flare. Firecracker has never flared at me until last night. Nawty little bettas, but we ADORE them.

18. navyscuba

So you named the Blue one after me? Oh Thank you. :;hug2 Hahahaha :;laughing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice