Thank you for help with guppy she finally gave birth! Updated

BlackSkirtTetra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ok thank you. I have heard from other people the male may be scaring her. Minor Finn rips and him trying to mate like 24/7 are my evidence. Do you think this is true
With only two guppies as a male-female pair this is possible as the male’s enthusiasm is stressing her out. Try to get them into a pair of two or three females per male and she should be less stressed as the male would also be interested into the other females and spend more energy into them.

Ethan30

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I would like to say I have been posing about my guppy as it nears birth of likely its first set of fry. I appreciate you helping me out and would like to say thank you. :) :) :)

With only two guppies as a male-female pair this is possible as the male’s enthusiasm is stressing her out. Try to get them into a pair of two or three females per male and she should be less stressed as the male would also be interested into the other females and spend more energy into them.
Ok thanks

Also thought I saw white spots once a fews days ago but haven seen since. I think its fine but tank has a history of ich.

Hi may not check this till morning but for context guppy has been pooping like half the time I see it. Just now saw poop with parts as white strings. Why so much poop and why dose it look like that. I have had other fish's poop look like that and they died. As I have said before, thanks for the help with this guppy everyone.

SM1199

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Stringy white poop often indicates a parasitic infection, which is most likely why your previous fish died. It is very unlikely that this is the result of fry abortion.

Ethan30

Valued Member
Reaction score
Stringy white poop often indicates a parasitic infection, which is most likely why your previous fish died. It is very unlikely that this is the result of fry abortion.
Thought the other day saw white spots but didn’t think much of it. They had ich the others. Also the guppy this morning was spitting out it’s food and swimming aimlessly even swimming at its reflection.

Ethan30

Valued Member
Reaction score
It gave birth to as far as I know 2 so far I hear they give birth not all at once. I have to go now but want to make sure I will have dry when I get home, what do I do???
D83BFE1B-0E53-4B8B-91A4-D73AF17AF439.jpeg

FF6198B2-1934-41D3-9E31-262C0EFB1348.jpeg

Hey everyone, how long should the process take. Should it be done in a few hours?

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They usually drop fry early in morning or dusk for the safety of fry .
Some do take more time then others ..

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi everyone. I would like to say I have been posing about my guppy as it nears birth of likely its first set of fry. I appreciate you helping me out and would like to say thank you. :) :) :)
Crush some of the flakes into a powder with your fingers so they will make it to the bottom of the tank where the fry can get it. Just a bit though. You don't want a ton of uneaten food rotting down there.

Ethan30

Valued Member
Reaction score
They usually drop fry early in morning or dusk for the safety of fry .
Some do take more time then others ..
Ok I saw 2 before now can only see 1, should I expect more tonight

Crush some of the flakes into a powder with your fingers so they will make it to the bottom of the tank where the fry can get it. Just a bit though. You don't want a ton of uneaten food rotting down there.
Where should I put the babie guppies?

trinity28

Valued Member
Reaction score
You have a few options. Do you have a separate cycled tank you could put them in? Or a breeder box that could float in the tanks with the adults? You can DIY a breeder box with things like water bottles or Tupperware containers to keep them separate and avoid having the adults eat them. You could also choose to leave them in the tank and let them fend for themselves. If there enough plants and hiding places they may survive, or you could just let nature take its course.

Ethan30

Valued Member
Reaction score
You have a few options. Do you have a separate cycled tank you could put them in? Or a breeder box that could float in the tanks with the adults? You can DIY a breeder box with things like water bottles or Tupperware containers to keep them separate and avoid having the adults eat them. You could also choose to leave them in the tank and let them fend for themselves. If there enough plants and hiding places they may survive, or you could just let nature take its course.
I think I will make a DIY breeding box since there are only 2 and I want them to survive

I think I will make a DIY breeding box since there are only 2 and I want them to survive
What would be best
91A837C1-68EF-444F-9876-178F2CA2F0B3.jpeg

B036686F-C8BC-42F9-8830-4644FCF996E4.jpeg
E35ABBA3-11D8-4E1F-A509-10F1594C4579.jpeg
DA36C33F-3209-44BF-9B6C-1152E5C3AD32.jpeg

trinity28

Valued Member
Reaction score
I would use that shallow Tupperware container, as long as it fits in your tank. Fill it with water from the tank and let it float at the top. Every so often you will have to tip it a bit to let a little water out and a little new water in from the surrounding tank.

Ethan30

Valued Member
Reaction score
I would use that shallow Tupperware container, as long as it fits in your tank. Fill it with water from the tank and let it float at the top. Every so often you will have to tip it a bit to let a little water out and a little new water in from the surrounding tank.
Ok I will probably do that thank you!

Edit: Rinses it in Hot water what else should I do

Ok I will probably do that thank you!

Edit: Rinses it in Hot water what else should I do
I saw a like, dose that mean I’m good to put it in?

Ethan30

Valued Member
Reaction score
As long as you didn't use any soap or detergents when washing it it should be alright :)
I didn’t this time but we have eating from it before and probably did then but I washed it and just put it in microwave with water

Ethan30

Valued Member
Reaction score
I didn’t this time but we have eating from it before and probably did then but I washed it and just put it in microwave with water
Got 1 guppie in thought I saw 2 but I saw them a few minutes apart I cleared through all of the tank couldn’t find it do you think I was eaten or is hiding

trinity28

Valued Member
Reaction score
It's possible it was eaten or hiding. Keep the one you have and then just keep an eye out for the other. It might show up!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom