Thank You, FishLore!

Hugooo

Dear FishLore moderators and members,

I am now officially a Well Known Member. I would like to thank every single person on this forum for teaching me so much about fish keeping. Back in August 2019, I got a 10 gallon, bought mollies, platies, guppies, ghost shrimp and a single tiger barb and put it into an uncycled tank. With thick, colored gravel and fake plants. I joined FishLore about a week later because my fish were suffering from ich (I wonder why :rolleyes and right from the start I got helpful info. Since then I have been spending way too much time on here, but I am happy about that (well, my teachers aren't ). Even though I have read some discussions that were not the most positive, I am still super grateful to all of you for making me a better and more humble person, both in this hobby and in general. I am now planning for a 20 gallon long planted tank with cories, tetras, gouramis, and shrimp. Cycled, of course.

Anyway, I guess my TEDTalk doesn't really have anything to do with me being a Well Known Member. I guess I just wanted to say how I vividly remember not posting at all when I first joined, and I am now helping people with stuff I didn't even know existed back in 2019. Even though I have experienced lots of problems in this hobby, I have learned that even though I'm a perfectionist, nothing will ever be perfect in this hobby, and that is a good thing. More room to grow, right? I have also humbled myself by realizing that I am not an experienced fishkeeper, just because I kept a goldfish, mollies, and a pleco in a 10 gallon--for 6 months--back in 2016, when I was 9. Anyway, thank you once again for leading me in the right direction.

Please, feel free to share what you have learned while on this forum that now seems obvious to you, but you would have never thought of back before joining. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has learned some pretty obvious stuff, like cycling!

SouthAmericanCichlids

Of course, cycling. But almost all of my more advance fishkeeping knowledge is from Fishlore. Just going through threads seeing what other people have answered. I love Fishlore!

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

Fishlore also got me a lot further into fish keeping. I now check out books on fish and research all the time now.

Upvote 0

AquaticQueen

Not sure I ever helped you much, but your welcome. Lol.
When I first started I thought I knew everything there was to know about fishkeeping but boy, was I wrong! Sometimes, I go back to my old threads and think, "Wow, I was stupid". I have learned so much, all thanks to my fellow members.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Myyyman
  • Question
Replies
Views
Leeman75
Replies
Views
MaximumRide14