Thailand pet market Fish video

Leja

This is in Thailand JJ pet market, near Jatu Jak weekend market. He only speaks thaI and no sub. Only for those who want to see exotic fish and animals not available in your area. Everything seen on video is legal and allowed in Thailand

Price can be see on the bags and in THB. Yes, you can get big bag of Betta fish for only 100 baht (approx. 3 usd).

Sprinkle

I, personally think that they shouldn't sell live animals or fish like this.

Leja

Sprinkle said:
I, personally think that they shouldn't sell live animals or fish like this.
So you think fish and animals in your LFS has a better life? They are also shipped from Asia in small boxes and bags. They stay in a small cage/fish tank but are usually sold within a week before they get a "good home". Most of these animals have fast turnover, which means they are not long in cage/bags before they are bought. This has nothing to do with Asia and how they threat animals. It is common practice and their way of a LFS.

Amazoniantanklvr

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Dewclaw83

Oh my gosh that's amazing - I wish I could go there! Is there anything similar ever in the US?

dcutl002

Wow, this is so cool! Thanks for sharing! The fish in the video look really healthy.

Sprinkle

Leja said:
So you think fish and animals in your LFS has a better life? They are also shipped from Asia in small boxes and bags. They stay in a small cage/fish tank but are usually sold within a week before they get a "good home". Most of these animals have fast turnover, which means they are not long in cage/bags before they are bought. This has nothing to do with Asia and how they threat animals. It is common practice and their way of a LFS.
No, my lfs ships their fish to the store from their own breeder in the UK.

FinalFins

Alot of asian places are like this- simply bagged up for convenience. Take a bag and go. The places usually have heavy traffic so each bag is usually quickly taken.

TWiG87

That’s wild, so many bags I’d be nervous about them springing a leak!

chromedome52

If you go to a fish club auction, this is also what you will see, bags of fish ready to sell. Just not usually so many in a bag, but then those fish are almost certainly bagged with O2, which will help them live a lot longer.

emeraldking

This is very familiar to me. Yes, at auctions you do see a similar way of presentation.
Yes, this is like a candy shop to a lot of aquarists... :)

Leja

another vid just got uploaded today:

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom