Tfreema’s Fish Tanks

1. tfreema

tfreema Fishlore VIP Member

So, I have gotten moved to a new house and through some life events that have distracted me from tank scaping, etc. It’s time to start working on it.
    I am going to post pictures of all my tanks. Some I am happy with, others need some help. Advice is welcome!

Starting with largest. My 120 and the only tank without live plants. I plan to add live plants, but keep the two logs.
    2 leopard ctenopoma, brts, 2 bn plecos, 5 yoyo loaches, 3 queen Dario botia loaches.
    bc59d917b0e611ecc2e2fcfec62ffe16.jpg

55 gallon. Kinda thrown together when I had to pull some wood that was rotting and shedding.
    4 angelfish, 15 cories, 3 Siamese algae eaters, several nerite snails.
    76a4cf108479eef2470f9a10eaf3216f.jpg

45 gallon. I like this one. 6 peppered cories, 8 von rio tetras, 1 bn pleco, 1 bamboo shrimp, 10 ghost shrimp, about a hundred ramshorn snails (really more like 50, but they are out of hand again).
    bac50373d6185e4481c0c7187fe9645f.jpg

40b gallon. 1 angelfish, 6 rummynose tetras, 13 kuhli loaches, 2 Siamese algae eaters, several nerite snails, soon to have 2 electric blue acara added.
    Considering moving this big piece of wood to 120 and rescape this one with some of the pieces at the end of this post.
    c684c3939203e2eb0e58c1dd41c7b892.jpg

30g Long. 2 Bolivian Rams, 4 synodontis catfish (lost two need to get back up to 6), 11 celestial pearl danios, yellow longfin bn pleco, ghost shrimp, red cherry shrimp, nerite snails
    1cc475b9f1275eb4fda4239784cfa82e.jpg

26g bow front. 1 kribensis, 7 neon tetras, 5 otos, 2 nerite snails.
    659c9870eb5d32368bc3d4a6b9f124c9.jpg

20g Long. Kinda happy with this one too.
    2 African dwarf frogs, 2 feeder guppies, ghost shrimp, nerite snails.
    613d9f7ee2fb393824212eb05b9f327e.jpg

20g Long. 1 betta, ghost shrimp, nerite snails.
    f997bbea00eec7eae36cfd3c35bfbcf0.jpg

If anyone has scrolled down this far, thank you for your interest!!

2. JamieXPXP

JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

wow that is a lot of tanks lol but they are all really beautiful

3. OP
    OP
    tfreema

This is actually downsized to get into single digits. Had 15 at one point, but that is just too much work! Some were fry tanks, but still way too many. 8 is much more manageable.

4. OP
    OP
    tfreema

Here are the pieces I have to use for rescapes.

abce2ba1702432894010a456c4e27435.jpg

2b94dee473eac725a37ed3ede2d95b79.jpg

I also have several more cichlids stone caves as well as several really fake looking stuff from my early days, lol.
    8512eb838efc5c1ea6bc4d06ef82d66e.jpg

7f353b52f0140c6f747f39b2bb742b76.jpg

These are the two that were rotting and shedding. I have not thrown them away yet because they are so cool looking. I wonder if they can be treated by boiling or soaking??
    64964ff8fc85c334a6b798c9c15d6317.jpg

5. DarkOne

DarkOne Well Known Member Member

MTS is strong with this one.

Beautiful tanks! :)

6. JamieXPXP

, i wouldnt be able maintain that many tanks lol, one is more then enough for me haha.
    im not sure i think boiling just makes it rot faster.
    i love spider wood though they always add character to the tank.
    the rocks and wood are all pretty interesting looking so it must have been fun playing around with them

7. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

My favorite one is the first one. That is a beautiful piece of driftwood!

8. OP
    OP
    tfreema

And MPS (multiple plant syndrome), lol. It is a true sickness.

Thanks!

9. JamieXPXP

no such thing as too much plants :p

10. 75g Discus Tank

Plants are beneficial in the fact that they provide oxygen, filtration, and shelter for fish. They also provide food for some fis( and shrimps.

11. OP
    OP
    tfreema

I have to agree. I just keep adding more and it has not been too many yet! The 120 is going to take a lot. Hopefully the loaches will not destroy what I put in there.

12. JamieXPXP

yep and it doesnt hurt that they look nice XD.

13. JamieXPXP

haha yes it never seems to be enough for the tank. recently ive been finding myself buying more plants and things for the plants then anything else haha im trying to control myself but its hard.
    yes hopefully the loaches will behave XD

14. OP
    OP
    tfreema

It is a challenge, but I got a system down and the python water changing system helps a lot with weekly water changes. The plants seem to take more time than anything these days.

I know! I picked up the two spider wood pieces and some of the rocks in trade for some angelfish fry. I would like to find a place for them.

In the 120?
    There are two pieces that are fake logs from petsmart. They are hollow so my loaches and bn plecos love to hide out in them. I have to keep them whatever else I do with the tank.

15. Lchi87

Lchi87 Moderator Moderator Member

Nice set of tanks you got there! The plants all look like they’re thriving. I love seeing all your available hardscape, I don’t know how you manage to get any work done with all those toys!!! :D

16. 75g Discus Tank

I thought that it was real!

17. DarkOne

DarkOne Well Known Member Member

Hey now! This is a family site!

Oh... wait... nevermind...

18. OP
    OP
    tfreema

Thank you! I definitely got the MPS disease going on.

Some were previously in tanks. Downsizing has left me with extra stuff. Others I picked up as trade for angelfish fry or impulse buys.

What do you think about me moving the large piece of wood from the 40b to the 120 as I work on switching it to planted? And if I do that, what out of my hardscape choices should I use for 40b that will need good cover for my kuhlis?

19. Punkin

Punkin Well Known Member Member

Wow, they look great. I like them all, I think my favorite is the 30 gallon long.:)

20. OP
    OP
    tfreema

Thank you! I feel like that one is missing a focal point. You don’t know where to rest your eyes on it. It is more functional in providing catfish, shrimp, and pleco cover than being scaped well. Whatever I do with it, the ludwigia reopens and anacharis cannot be moved. Those are some of the few stem plants I have successfully kept alive. The anacharis is a tangled mess because I do not pull any off and want the floating effect to provide cover for my rams.