TetraWeekend Tropical slow release feeder

Discussion in 'Fish Food Reviews' started by jigsaw117, Aug 8, 2015.

1. jigsaw117Valued MemberMember

I'm going on vaca for 5 days in a couple weeks so I'm testing out slow release feeders, I got a package of Tetraweekend Tropical Slow Release Feeder. I got a 5 day package that comes with 2 gel blocks and a 7 day package with one big gel block.

I'm testing to see how long the 5 day blocks last for so I can determine how much I should put in my tank when I leave.

The directions say to put in 2 gel blocks for tanks over 29 gal. I have a 40 breeder but for my test I'm just gunna use 1 block so its easier to see how long 1 block will last for.

I put the block in at 12 noon time to start the test

Sent from my E6782 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Picture

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
  2. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

I wouldn't add the feeder blocks. They leave a mess in your tank and algae everywhere. Your fish should be fine without feeding for 5 days. I've gone on vacation for 2 weeks and all my fish did fine

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

I'd agree about not using vacation blocks, fish can easily go five days without food & if they're not eating they won't be pooping much so less chance of any water quality issues happening while you're away

4. LucyModeratorModerator Member

If you could test your water as well, it will be interesting to see the results.

5. jigsaw117Valued MemberMember

Thanks for your concerns I'll take them into consideration. That's why I'm doing the test so I can see what the feeder tablet will do to my tank. So far it's looking alright. Not the same quality food my fish are used to but they've been nibbling on it. I'll do the water tests in another day or so

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice