TetraTec PF300 question Question

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by goldiegirl, Apr 4, 2010.

1. g

goldiegirl Valued Member Member

Hi, there. I have 2 filters running on my 55 gallon tank - one is an Aqua Clear 300, and I recently added a used TetraTec 300 that I found on Craigslist. I know they don't make them anymore, so I'm having trouble finding any information on them. I've had it running for a few days, and it looks like a great filter. Seems very powerful, and it moves a lot of water. What I don't understand is how to adjust the intake/output. If anyone has one of these filters, hopefully you will know what I'm talking about. The problem I'm having is that I don't know which direction to turn the big knob in to adjust it to full intake. I can't tell when it's on full intake, because if I have it on full output it drains out very quickly and makes a very loud gurgling noise while it fills back up. There's the normal spout on the front, then there are two holes on the bottom that drain the bio chamber. I tried turning the knob on the inside to shut them, and I tried plugging the one that's covered by the clear globe with a sponge, but then the media chamber overflowed. I guess what I'm saying is that there's something about the way I have it set that makes it so that the intake can't catch up with the output, but since it's old I can't see any of the arrows or marks, so I don't know how to turn anything . I have played around with it for literally hours now, and no matter what I try I can get it so it's taking in and spouting out a bunch of water, but after about two minutes it gurgles and gurgles and has to take in more water before enough spills in to spout anything out. I know this question is very complicated, but if you have one of these filters I'm sure you'll know where I'm coming from! Thank you so much.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I think tetra filters became Whisper Filters. Check and see if any of them look like what you have.
    carol

3. OP
    OP
    g

goldiegirl Valued Member Member

I have a couple Tetra Whisper filters as well. I have the Whisper 40i and the Whisper 10i for other tanks. This is a TetraTec PF300, the kind that was discontinued

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice